Homebrew Snes9xGx and FCEU GX forwarders randomly not working.

stugriff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my Wii hacked for a couple of months now with few problems.
I have forwarder channels for the above two emulators plus not64, CFG Loader, mGBA, Genplus, WiiSXR and Yabause.
However, recently the snes9xGx and Fceugx forwarders always direct back to the Wii menu. All the other ones are fine. I've tried using different forwarders for them but the result is always the same. I use Multi Mod Manager to install all my WADS with no problems before.
Any ideas why this may be happening? I can't think of anything I've done to change my setup to cause this.
Thanks
Stu

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have forwarder channels for the above two emulators plus not64, CFG Loader, mGBA, Genplus, WiiSXR and Yabause.
However, recently the snes9xGx and Fceugx forwarders always direct back to the Wii menu. All the other ones are fine. I've tried using different forwarders for them but the result is always the same. I use Multi Mod Manager to install all my WADS with no problems before.
Any ideas why this may be happening? I can't think of anything I've done to change my setup to cause this.
Thanks
Stu
is the folders named corectly on the sd card if not try that and try again. if not follow this tutorial to turn fowaders to full apps
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/useful-tools/customizemii
you can use custom banners but be carfull. i just recomend useing the forwader channels insted

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks
Stu
Try redownloading Snes9X GX and FCEU GX and putting them in the same folders in /apps.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the folders named corectly on the sd card if not try that and try again. if not follow this tutorial to turn fowaders to full apps
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/useful-tools/customizemii
you can use custom banners but be carfull. i just recomend useing the forwader channels insted
by forwarder channels insted i mean editing them to have there banners and have the app for that forwarder injected with a real dol file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try redownloading Snes9X GX and FCEU GX and putting them in the same folders in /apps.
thats what i was going to recommend if the 2 methods i asked him to do dint work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
by forwarder channels insted i mean editing them to have there banners and have the app for that forwarder injected with a real dol file

thats what i was going to recommend if the 2 methods i asked him to do dint work.
Making the homebrew built into the channels will probably work, but I don't recommend it as it makes them harder to update.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making the homebrew built into the channels will probably work, but I don't recommend it as it makes them harder to update.
i dont recommend it if you want it updated either but its the most covenant way to run homebrew without a sd or USB.(example of a useful homebrew:wiiXploer)

stugriff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you both for your replies, sounds like i have a couple of options to try.

At present snes9x and FCEU boot files are in their respective files in the apps folder, is this what you mean? For example sd/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol.

When you say is the for names correctly, do you mean named the same as the path the forwarder channel will look for?
I understand what you mean by converting to full apps and I'll try this if nothing else works.

Sorry if what I'm asking is incredibly dumb, i just want to understand exactly. It's just odd that both channels worked fine for a few weeks but now don't whereas all the other channels are still good.

Stu

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At present snes9x and FCEU boot files are in their respective files in the apps folder, is this what you mean? For example sd/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol.

When you say is the for names correctly, do you mean named the same as the path the forwarder channel will look for?
I understand what you mean by converting to full apps and I'll try this if nothing else works.

Sorry if what I'm asking is incredibly dumb, i just want to understand exactly. It's just odd that both channels worked fine for a few weeks but now don't whereas all the other channels are still good.

Stu
this program can also make forwarder channels to if you wanted to correct the wad to find the right app on the SD card. but if you want to you can replace the dol in the wad and make it a full app (be aware of how many blocks you have on your system unless your using an emunand then go ham)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Stu
Delete the apps and re-download them.

stugriff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My apologies to the both of you, it has totally slipped my mind that this problem with both the snes9xGx and fce ulta Gx has coincided with me changing my 64gb sd card with a larger FAT32 formatted 128gb one. This leads me to believe that the amount of memory is for some reason a problem for these two forwarder wads but not all the others. I wish I'd thought about this in my initial post. Have you any experience or heard of this happening before and if so is there perhaps a different solution?
I've since tried re downloading both apps with no luck. However, I have found another snes9xGx wad that allows that one to work but I still have the same problem with fce ultra Gx. It looks like, if there's no kind of fix concerning the sd card size, that I will need to convert this particular wad to a full app as suggested for it to work. Nevertheless, it's still a valid fix and a good solution so thank you for your help with this.

Stu

Thinking about this, there must be people using an fceugx forwarder wad alongside a larger sd card that is working. Perhaps I just need to find a more up to date wad.

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know if that can help you but on my experience, I had a similar problem, wiiflow randomly freeze, crash and forwarders too. All because my usb external hdd wasn't not fully supported and because it was usb powered, changed it to a fully compatible hdd and with ac adapter, no problems anymore. And note my forwarders wasn't on hdd, just the fact a non fully supported hdd was plugged into the wii cause some channels forwarded to not working properly.

stugriff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is just a case of compatibility like you say Cecilmax.
I've now managed to find a forwarder that works for fceugx with my 128gb microSD card, although i don't particularly like it!
To conclude though, it was the change to a larger capacity microSD card, in my case from 64gb to 128gb, that was the problem. For some reason the snes9xgx and fceugx forwarders i had, and a couple more that i tried, didn't like this. Thanks everyone with your help on this.

Cecilmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it is just a case of compatibility like you say Cecilmax.
I've now managed to find a forwarder that works for fceugx with my 128gb microSD card, although i don't particularly like it!
To conclude though, it was the change to a larger capacity microSD card, in my case from 64gb to 128gb, that was the problem. For some reason the snes9xgx and fceugx forwarders i had, and a couple more that i tried, didn't like this. Thanks everyone with your help on this.

I have 128 gb sd card with hdd usb powered of 2TB and everything working flawless. Just make sure you buy good brand. Good brand for hdd is western digital element and for sdcard, Sandisk are very good supported by the wii no matter what size it is. Based on my experience.

For fceugx forwarded I use animated forwarders made by Qwertymodo, you can find them on youtube. They are very nice.

Last edited by Cecilmax,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show