Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The reason why save states are not working is simple, the code to make and load snapshots is different.
The problem I had was with the SRM files, I checked the creation date and they were yesterday, so the game started from the beginning.
The save state did not have problems I think because they were of the same core (4.3.9 to RX).
Anyway it is confusing the issue, as I try 3 versions (4.3.9, 4.4.1 and RX using a sd card for tests) maybe something happened with the SRM files.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested this RX build yet, but it might benefit the project by compiling a list of games that run better on RX than the GX fork. That way users won't disregard RX for using an older SNES9x build.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
New release is up! (3.1.0)

Many audio related fixes, and minor changes.

I haven't tested this RX build yet, but it might benefit the project by compiling a list of games that run better on RX than the GX fork. That way users won't disregard RX for using an older SNES9x build.
It is a good idea, it could be a community effort, since i don't personally play/know every snes game from start to finish, though of course i could happily report about the ones i do. (which i'm doing with the Games with known issues)

Last edited by niuus,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
New release is up! (3.5.0)

Long awaited release!

You can now use the less muffled Linear Interpolation, for clearer sounds and music.

anyway to change the background music?? for another, example, the snes mini background sound???
Download 3.5.0, and put your shiny new bg_music.ogg inside the Snes9xRX folder inside Apps, right next to boot.dol and meta.xml
I've just tested an ogg with the Classics Mini theme and it's pretty nice.

Excellent!!!

Are there any external font support plans as WiiMC? I mentioned your Github.

I hope a positive review is done.
Done! Just put the jp.ttf or ko.ttf inside the Apps > Snes9xRX folder, and select your native language inside the Settings menu.

Last edited by niuus,

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Done! Just put the jp.ttf or ko.ttf inside the Apps > Snes9xRX folder, and select your native language inside the Settings menu.

Thank you for your strong support!!! :)

I tested it and Updated Korean translation on github.

Another one issue as below;

When I load Snes9x RX/GX on homebrew
: Create setting file to root/snes9xgx and then apply Korean (Requested font file to apps/Snes9xRX).

When I load Snes9x RX/GX on channel forward
: Create setting file to apps/Snes9xRX and /snes9xgx, and called out "Font file not found" massage. (I tested it and requested font file to root/snes9xgx)

I think each requires a different location on Homebrew and Channel forward.

Anyway This issue has been fixed by move "settingsRX.xml and settings.xml" from root/snes9xgx to /apps/Snes9xRX and /snes9xgx. Also copied ko.ttf both root/snes9xgx and /apps/Snes9xRX (and /snes9xgx)

I do not know if I have been reviewed correctly, but I hope it helps.

Last edited by DDinghoya,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have here an original Super Nintendo controller plugged on my wii on theGameCube controller socket using an adapter. It's possible to call the menu without using the wiimote?
Yes, you can. I added a combo specifically for those users: Select+Start+B+A.

Thank you for your strong support!!! :)

I tested it and Updated Korean translation on github.

Another one issue as below;

When I load Snes9x RX/GX on homebrew
: Create setting file to root/snes9xgx and then apply Korean (Requested font file to apps/Snes9xRX).

When I load Snes9x RX/GX on channel forward
: Create setting file to apps/Snes9xRX and /snes9xgx, and called out "Font file not found" massage. (I tested it and requested font file to root/snes9xgx)

I think each requires a different location on Homebrew and Channel forward.

Anyway This issue has been fixed by move "settingsRX.xml and settings.xml" from root/snes9xgx to /apps/Snes9xRX and /snes9xgx. Also copied ko.ttf both root/snes9xgx and /apps/Snes9xRX (and /snes9xgx)

I do not know if I have been reviewed correctly, but I hope it helps.
Hi @DDinghoya. I am kind of having a tough time understanding your explanation. If you'd like, PM me.

Last edited by niuus,

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I am kind of having a tough time understanding your explanation. If you'd like, PM me.

Sorry my poor english..:cry:

When I run Snes9xRX on homebrew, I put ko.ttf into apps/Snes9xRX.
: Created settingsRX.xml in root/snes9xgx location. However, requested ko.ttf in apps/Snes9xRX location.

Also, Run Snes9xRX on channel forward, I put ko.ttf into apps/Snes9xRX.
: Created settingsRX.xml in apps/Snes9xgRX location. Called out "Font file not found" massage. I think, run channel forward, Snes9xRX requested ko.ttf in root/snes9xgx location.

Copy ko.ttf in root/snes9xgx location on Channel forward, No problem apply Korean.

It seems to require a different font location depending on the Homebrew and channel forward.
I suspect snes9xgx has the same problem.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry my poor english..:cry:

When I run Snes9xRX on homebrew, I put ko.ttf into apps/Snes9xRX.
: Created settingsRX.xml in root/snes9xgx location. However, requested ko.ttf in apps/Snes9xRX location.

Also, Run Snes9xRX on channel forward, I put ko.ttf into apps/Snes9xRX.
: Created settingsRX.xml in apps/Snes9xgRX location. Called out "Font file not found" massage. I think, run channel forward, Snes9xRX requested ko.ttf in root/snes9xgx location.

Copy ko.ttf in root/snes9xgx location on Channel forward, No problem apply Korean.

It seems to require a different font location depending on the Homebrew and channel forward.
I only ever use the Wii Homebrew Channel, but it always creates/reads the settingsRX.xml inside the app folder, same for the font files.

I am gonna throw some random ideas: is your Open Homebrew Channel up to date? (1.1.4-1) Wii software and IOS 58 are the latest? Have you tried another forwarder? You could try these.

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I only ever use the Wii Homebrew Channel, but it always creates/reads the settingsRX.xml inside the app folder, same for the font files.

I am gonna throw some random ideas: is your Open Homebrew Channel up to date? (1.1.4-1) Wii software and IOS 58 are the latest? Have you tried another forwarder? You could try these.

Why do I create settins.xml in root/snses9x hmmm... It is strange.

My Homebrew is v1.1.2. and IOS 58 is v24.32.
Also I tried Snes9x RX - SNRX.wad as you mentions it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb