Snes9x Multiplayer (adhoc net-play)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by w0dash, Mar 1, 2013.

Mar 1, 2013
  1. w0dash
    OP

Member w0dash noob

Germany
    Hello,

does someone know how to get netplay to work with Snes9x 0.4.2?

I tried to activate it and started the same game simultaneously on two PSPs, but the game just started normally. Pressing any key did nothing.

When I quit the emulator, there was a short message that the connection was being closed, but thats all...

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I don't think anybody's gotten it working. Development on all the ports stopped before implementing that in a functional manner (which is why other branches just greyed out the option).

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i've seen youtube vids that show it working, but as rydian said, i don't think its actually working. i could never get it to connect.

-another world

4. Sleet

Member Sleet GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't tried it myself (lack a second PSP) but from what I read it works on the older version "Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 5 27/05/08". Can anyone test?

5. w0dash
    OP

Member w0dash noob

Germany
    I just found out that the recommended build (http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/homebrew/download-snespsp-tyl-042-mecm-f27535.html) contains a folder named "ADHOC".

And within this folder is an another EBOOT.PBP. :yaypsp:

I made a backup of the old EBOOT and copied over the one from the ADHOC folder.

And with this one the PSP actually says its waiting for another PSP when you enable netplay.

I currently don't have a second PSP to test this, but I hope that someone from you can. I am very exited... :)

6. jaquanbutler

Newcomer jaquanbutler Member

United States
    yes it works also u can have a psvita with the same version on your psp and still could play netplay