Hacking Snes9x Help

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok,

iv been reading alot about this snes emulator, and i was hoping if someone could give me a breif tutorial to how it works. I dont want to go and try playing with things with the treat of bricking or wrecking my wii... ahaha

Thanks guys

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http:\\snes9x.com

there are like a 1k of ports, anything ranging from pocketpc to wii

sry icouldnt be of much help i have no idea how to run homebrew on a wii

if ur scared of bricking ur wii, try it out on pc first

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh thanks dude..ill have a look on that site...

just hoping that someone with experience with this on a wii could enlighten me.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's how it works,

Put the .elf file on your SD card (in the front of your Wii)
Put the SNES roms in the \snes9x\roms folder on the SD card
Create \snes9x\saves on the SD card as well.

Load the TP hack

poof, your greated with the SNES emulator menu. use your GameCube controller to play. You can remap the buttons, load and save states, change ROMS, and re-boot your Wii.

I've tested EarthBound and Mario RPG and they work beautifully.

There is no saving to the Wii itself (other than the TP hack file) and it's perfectly safe. (the Wii blue light stay's on, wish there was a way to turn that off, lol)

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once classic controller support is sorted this emu is gonna rock even more than it does now
biggrin.gif

mothball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ju421019 said:
I actually want to build on this thread as well - can the SNES emulator be played off a DVD? Or does it need to be on the SD card? Also, do we need a seperate SD card for the SNES? I mean, how would the Wii know not to autoboot to the emulator if we use the same SD card for the emulator and Wii Game Data Saves.

Pretty sure it can be played from a DVD, but I don't know anything about that.

The Wii will never accidentally boot the emulator because it never runs any external code itself. It's the flaw in Twilight Princess that allows code to be run. I'm pretty sure the Wii doesn't even care about any files on the card that aren't in any of the folders it uses.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Classic Controller support doesn't really work... just tried it...

Menu is in Spanish, but that's only cosmetic... when I try to load a game, it crashes the emu... guess I'll go back to my GC controller untill someone fixes this..
frown.gif

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about the channel... I've tried it, and it's really lame. It's based off the GameCube version of Snes9x, and I still haven't figured out how to load games, or even where to put them. It's just better to use the TP hack to play it. Wait until someone redoes the channel for the Wii with full Wii support.

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
could someone please explain how the TP exploit works. Iv seen a few videos but am a bit confused on how it actually workes.

Thanks

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quote from Wiibrew.org:

QUOTE said:
The Twilight Hack works by employing a lengthly character name for the horse in the game ('Epona') in order to facilitate a stack smash. This gets triggered when talking to the man next to you when you start the savegame as he loads the name to use it in his dialog or upon attempting to enter the next zone, before the man talks to you and reminds you to go the other way to get the horse.

Pure genius.

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the homebrew channel installed, and it reading snes9x from my SD card, but I'm having some trouble loading the roms.

I've got two roms (.smc format) on the F:/snes9x/roms folder, and I choose Load Roms -> Wii SD...

It says reading and then pops up a screen with a bunch of numbers....then it just sits there.

Any idea if I'm missing anything? Been looking for a solution for an hour or so now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it