SNES9x for Old 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by bubble2k16, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    i noticed that turning up the 3d slider double screen lines removing scan lines, is it possible to implement this effect in other titles, with a patch?

2. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    What is a "title"?

All of Bubble's emulators have this feature as well as Retroarch, its just turning on the parallax barrier and sending identical output to each eye.

3. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    by title i mean game, and not emulators.

4. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    Can u please add a dark menu and vertical only cropping. and maybe a save slot numbers option, all i need is one

5. Computer_Freak_2004

Computer_Freak_2004 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2019
    Germany
    I'm currently working on a CHX-File Creator, a program which makes it easier to create the CHX-File for Snes9x, Virtuanes and Picodrive. I'll release it soon!

6. TheBeverage

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    The 3DS’ “scanlines” are a physical attribute of the display, owing to it having twice as many pixels in the horizontal axis compared to the vertical. In bubble’s emulators, if your 3D slider is left on, the screen does not force into 2D mode like for some other software, which leads to you seeing more of a general “screen door” effect. Someone else would have to elaborate on why this software doesn’t ignore 3D mode, I’m assuming it would be difficult to add and is unnecessary when turning off the slider is trivial. If you happen to prefer that look, more power to you, but it’s really a bug not a feature.

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Its a trivial change if you have source code. Hacking it into compiled/commercial titles probably isn't. Though I wouldn't say impossible with the things Sono has pulled off.

8. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    hey this is another request to be ignored by the OP but, i noticed that games that switch to 512*224 resolution are still rendered at 256*224, making text hard to read on games like Rudra no hihou and even invisible in games like Romancing saga 3, i hope you add the option in the next release to enable 512*224 fullscreen rendering. even if its getting squished to 400*240

9. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Follow Retroarch development for the 3DS. Maybe they fix this someday.

10. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    High resolution mode already works proper on PSX-Rearmed, especially with bilinear interpolation to smooth it together a bit. I would bet it works fine in the Retroarch SNES cores too, just not here.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Nov 25, 2019
  11. Johnny675

Johnny675 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    Great emulater the only game that won't work is song of the angel english translation the game loads but the text boxes are blank when the characters talk
    I wish you or someone could make a stand-alone PS1 emulator for 3DS because retroarch crashes and it's a pain

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is a great emulator the only game that I couldn't get to work was was song of the angel English translation the game loads but the text box is for the characters is blank no text at all
    I wish that you were someone else would make a standalone PlayStation emulator because the retroarch really sucks and crashes all the time

12. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Not a standalone emulator, but..

13. 30yoDoomer

30yoDoomer Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    On an o3ds are there any tricks to fix audio crackle/sync with "Match 3ds refresh rate" enabled? With 60FPS enabled the sound is good but I get weird scrolling stutter.

Also, somewhat off topic, will SMW hacks generally work with SNES VC injections on a NEW 3ds?

14. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Try these settings.
    • In-Frame Palette Change: Disabled Style 1 (or 2)
    • DSP Core: BlargSNES Fast
    You can also try playing the PAL versions of the games for the native 50 FPS. The 10 FPS drop should improve the speed. Don't run NTSC games at forced 50 FPS as that makes them run slower.

Romhack compatibility is rather hit or miss with Nintendo's official Canoe (SNES VC) emulator. You can try injection anyhow with NSUI.

30yoDoomer likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted