Hacking Snes9x extended version

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
NinjaN said:
Because with my setup the NTSC-emus always end up in black and white...

They work great, speed is ok, they are just missing colors.

I tried to understand this, as far as I know the cause lies within the TP hack itself.
It erases some registers, where the correct videomode is stored. When this register is empty (= 0), the current toolchain within LibOGC suspects NTSC video was in use before...

Since my cable / TV set don't support this signal, I get no color...

When running in PAL50 - as GenPlus does - everything is fine...

have you tired a Wad Installer ISO rather than the twlight hack??

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The PAL50 version runs in proper color but unfortunately the games run too slow with VSYNC ON.
And too fast with CLOCK ON
frown.gif

Tried setting the Wii to 50hz and 60hz but makes no difference
frown.gif

NTSC version is perfect just not in color
frown.gif

NinjaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did not do a hard mod, and I intend to never do it...

I simply don't like the idea of melting some critical pins in my Wii...

But, there's some new information from me!
I got homebrew to show in color!

I just don't really know how...

I did not change my setup, everything is quite exactly as it was before. All I changed was setting my Wii to display 50 Hz (was 60 Hz before).

This is especially strange because I had originally tried this... /confused/

So, for everybody with the same problem, here' my current setup:

The Wii is connected to my TV set using the standard cable... I don't know, I think it's called cinch... The one that was in the box, one plug at the Wii end, three plugs at the other end (red, white, yellow).

Homebrew is started using the TP hack, not some unofficial Homebrew channel...
I have the application "Homebrew Launcher" set up, I start every other homebrew using this...

And that's it, me got color emus... WOOHOO

This weekend will be Earthbound time!

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, the PAL50 version won't even start for me...

ONE MORE EDIT:
Confused again, now PAL50 starts... Seems to not work when Wii's video mode is set to 60 Hz... ???

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
NinjaN

Yes I can confirm that the cable your using (composite) works on the NTSC version.
No worries there.

But I use RGB cable which gives somewhat better picture - and it is tedious to keep swapping cables to play Emulator.

I don't understand what the difference is to my NTSC PS2 using its own RGB scart in color, and the 60hz setting Wii Support which works fine for everything else on my PAL Wii except the emulator.
Surely this should be the same no?

60hz is 60hz regardless of pure NTSC console or NTSC supported console.
All my other consoles run on RGB in full color - including modded PS1 and DC.
So it's either something the emulator does to cause it, or has something to do with the Wii

And the PAL50 version; The slowing down and speeding up just ruins gameplay
frown.gif

PAL50 works on 50/60hz because I tested the speed on both, but there is no difference in speed or slowness.
I don't understand why the NTSC version is 100% frame rate with no frame-jumps or frame-drops - most notible with music.

Oh well
frown.gif

Thanks Falco for your work.

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I just say - fantastic work on getting the emulator working with the wii controls (particularly the nunchuck), why Nintendo couldn't do this themselves with the VC games is beyond me.

Tommy_T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After a quick Google I found This.

I dont know how well it works however, or you could use the homebrew channel to launch this version of Snes9x (Front page of WiiNEWZ)

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you people like playing SNES games with the wiimote and nunchuk that well? To me, it just seems very, very awkward with the B trigger down under the controller and stuff. I picked up the Thrustmaster T-Wireless GC controller, and it has been a great controller for NES/SNES stuff.

Falco20019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The idea behind the wiimote+nunchuk-controlling was, that you can use it without buying any additional controllers. So that everyone can play with the controllers they have.

superthamtu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found some bugs!
When i tried to play with multitap option on with 2 wii mote and 2 GC Controller the second wiimote controlled the 3rd and 4th player. However, 2 GC Controller can controll these 2 player on it's own but when I press a button on 2nd wiimote button the 2nd, 3rd and 4th player act the same thing as provided in 2nd wiimote. Normally it would be only the 2nd player act according to that.
And another bug is that when I tried to have the multitap option on withou connect the 2nd wiimote the game can't be load, it show a black screen with texts like:
Code Dumped: 00000. and many offset.
The text font and black screen is like when we load TP Hack.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsbomb said:
Do you people like playing SNES games with the wiimote and nunchuk that well? To me, it just seems very, very awkward with the B trigger down under the controller and stuff. I picked up the Thrustmaster T-Wireless GC controller, and it has been a great controller for NES/SNES stuff.

I'm gonna try the latest version of SNES9x with the classic controller. Since it says that it's supported.

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, found out how to use the PAL version, but it doesn't fix the speed issues (eg, Option 1 is too slow, CLOCK (Option 2) is too fast.)

Anyone know how I'd go about fixing this?

--Ray

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto