Homebrew SNES Emulator (SNEmulDS 0.6a)

jsp62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a SNES emulator for the DS Lite I am using SNEmulDS version 0.6a released on 11.13.2007.

The default directory at which roms are to be stored in is to be the root directory called SNES. Of course it can be changed by modifying the .cfg file where you can indicate any other location.

I have actually tried to change that but it still doesn't seem to locate the roms.

My current set up (from root) is:

00 - NDS
01 - NES
02 - SNES
03 - GEN
SNES

As you can see from above, having the 'SNES' file is sorta out of place. I would like to locate the roms in: 02 - SNES\roms. Doing so doesn't seem to work.

I would be interested to know if anyone else had any problems. I don't see what I have done wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jsp62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Lolsnes
if not
did you DLDI patch?
Whats your cards name(R4, Supercard, Acekard, games n music, etc)?
Is your cards firmware up to date?
Backup/Copy all the contents of the card and format to FAT32.

Hi ipwndeveloper,

Thanks for replying. I did read about lolsnes and thought about using it. I know lolsnes is relatively new. I have always used SNEmulDSv0.6a as it is said (from the interwebz) as the best SNES emulator for the DS. Do you usually use lolsnes and do you like it? The compatibility list for the lolsnes is pretty small. The main game I would be playing is Chrono Trigger and I don't see it on the list.

I recently had errors on my card and I reformatted my SD card. I am using a CycloDS Evolution card and it is using the most recent firmware. In using a CycloDS it auto DLDI patches.

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The GUI and feature set isn't the greatest. But it does play most games. It might skip out on some of the background layers. Ive had good luck with SNEmulDS and lolsnes. SNES DS
Ok More googleing: This emulator isnt as fancy as SNEMulDS but it should work.
the European Version of Chrono Trigger (e) (compatibility list) works with sound!

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi ipwndeveloper,

Thanks for replying. I did read about lolsnes and thought about using it. I know lolsnes is relatively new. I have always used SNEmulDSv0.6a as it is said (from the interwebz) as the best SNES emulator for the DS. Do you usually use lolsnes and do you like it? The compatibility list for the lolsnes is pretty small. The main game I would be playing is Chrono Trigger and I don't see it on the list.

I recently had errors on my card and I reformatted my SD card. I am using a CycloDS Evolution card and it is using the most recent firmware. In using a CycloDS it auto DLDI patches.

Why not try the chrono trigger DS remake instead? It doesn't miss on anything as far as I know but it adds on cool features instead and is fully compatible with the DS.

Reactions: jsp62

jsp62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not try the chrono trigger DS remake instead? It doesn't miss on anything as far as I know but it adds on cool features instead and is fully compatible with the DS.

I actually have Chrono Trigger DS version also. I guess there are several other SNES games that I still play also i.e F-Zero.

jsp62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in snemul.cfg

Rompath = / SNES
change the snes to 02 - SNES
then you good to go :3

Thanks mikeyisdead. I actually tried that and it is still does not work.

Untitled.jpg

jsp62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT STUPID LUCK!!

I think I figured it out. I 'believe' I switched the '\' for '/'. I also had the .cfg file in the SNES folder and I also had in the root folder. Before I could double check it my microSD screwed up!!! I had to reformat and now I have to load EVERYTHING over.

FML!

Will reload and post again . . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY