SNEmulDS question

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Common_Freak, Feb 4, 2011.

Feb 4, 2011

SNEmulDS question by Common_Freak at 1:33 PM (883 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Common_Freak
    OP

Newcomer Common_Freak Newbie

United States
    Hi there,

I've recently bought an ezflash 3in1 for my M3 DS REAL and I noticed the extra RAM didn't add any noticeable improvements on SNEmulDS.
    Is there a way, like opening SNEmulDS after opening Moonshell2, to make things like graphics look better?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Which version of SNEmulDS you used ?

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The extra RAM won't have any impact on graphics or compatibility. The only thing it might do is speed up certain games that are larger than 3 MB. Normally with SNEmulDS, because these games are too large to fit into memory, it calls up only a few chunks of the ROM into RAM at a time, swapping in and out when necessary, which can sometimes cause a noticeable pause here and there. If the whole game is loaded to slot-2 RAM, it can execute the game directly from there. However, because the interface to slot-2 in a bit slow by nature, you might not notice any real benefits.

So in summary, it might help speed on games 3 MB and larger, but that's it.

4. Recorderdude

Member Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    It doesn't do a lot for snemul, but it does WONDERS for NeoDS - (I know first-hand as I use an M3 perfect with my DSTWO) - It runs much faster and stronger with the RAM than without. Try it [​IMG]