SNEmulDS question

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Common_Freak, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Common_Freak
    OP

Common_Freak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2009
    United States
    Hi there,

I've recently bought an ezflash 3in1 for my M3 DS REAL and I noticed the extra RAM didn't add any noticeable improvements on SNEmulDS.
    Is there a way, like opening SNEmulDS after opening Moonshell2, to make things like graphics look better?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
    Which version of SNEmulDS you used ?

3. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    The extra RAM won't have any impact on graphics or compatibility. The only thing it might do is speed up certain games that are larger than 3 MB. Normally with SNEmulDS, because these games are too large to fit into memory, it calls up only a few chunks of the ROM into RAM at a time, swapping in and out when necessary, which can sometimes cause a noticeable pause here and there. If the whole game is loaded to slot-2 RAM, it can execute the game directly from there. However, because the interface to slot-2 in a bit slow by nature, you might not notice any real benefits.

So in summary, it might help speed on games 3 MB and larger, but that's it.

4. Recorderdude

Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

Jun 19, 2010
    United States
    It doesn't do a lot for snemul, but it does WONDERS for NeoDS - (I know first-hand as I use an M3 perfect with my DSTWO) - It runs much faster and stronger with the RAM than without. Try it [​IMG]