Hacking SNEEK v2

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
They contain Ninty code so you're not supposed to distribute them.

But really, it shouldn't take you too long to set up and compile.

I was afraid you'd say that
frown.gif

MattMan3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Do you have SD access enabled?
Even when I do enable it, there is no difference. Gecko OS still doesn't detect my SD card. It starts up just like before and when attempting to change and save the settings, it says "No SD card found". I am also unable to load .GCT files for any of my games. In fact, enabling SD access made absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in UNEEK. It doesn't allow me to access the SD card in any way that I couldn't already.

MattMan3 said:
I believe it was enabled by default, as I can access the SD card from the System Menu and I can run various homebrew applications, as well as make new folders and delete files with Wii Xplorer. I can also copy save files to SD but I can't copy channels (I get the error "The file may not have copied").
This is what I said previously (before I enabled SD access) and nothing has changed by enabling it.

Therefore, I'll ask again:
MattMan3
Does anyone else have trouble loading a .gct in Gecko OS when using UNEEK?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for homebrew that can't open the SD card, there is an easy fix. just add
Code:
sleep( 1 );
as the first line in the main() function of that program. these programs are trying to init the sd card right when they start up but in reality, the SD module of the IOS has not been loaded yet. so it fails. if you add the sleep() there, you give the IOS another second to start up before you try the SD card.

Why does the sd card work for some homebrew but not all of it? because that homebrew tries the sd card after the IOS has fully loaded. HBC checks that SD card like 30 times a second, so it has never been an issue there.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
They contain Ninty code so you're not supposed to distribute them.

But really, it shouldn't take you too long to set up and compile.
No, the final boot2.bin and di.bin contain nintendo code. You can distribute the other stuff legally: http://www.mediafire.com/?jjjjkmknzzz
Crediar's GUI sneek installer downloads the files and decrypts them automatically. I'm hoping he'll have it download precompiled modules so that anybody with windows can click a button and have sneek on their sd card in 5-10 secs

btw, if you drop the ios files in to the folder with make.bat in that download and run make.bat you'll have a working sneek. No compiling needed

Edit: added font.bin (put on root of sd) for the game swap menu (start on gc controller) make sure you have 4.2U or 4.2E for it to work.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify again, according to the direction on http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218725
state that running build_boot2.cmd once I've checked out the SVN should create the bin files for boot2 - is that right? Or does build_boot2.cmd have dependancies? I'm guessing you rename (for eg.) boot2_di.bin to boot2.bin and use that.

I've done this, but I was getting errors that 00000001.app and 0000000e.app weren't found so I've grabbed them from NSUD (from IOS60v6174, using decrpyt from key.bin) once I'd put these into the sneek folder and run build_boot2.cmd I got the bin files but putting them on the SD with the other files still gives me a blank screen with flashing disc-light.

Stuck now :S

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
The-Lion said:
Aren't you able to play games from the USB device with UNEEK? What's the black square then when you press start on the gamecube controller?

only with PUNEEk(Punes mod), the black box is the game selection menu but if its empty then you must be missing the font.bin file which needs to be placed on the root of the SD

MattMan3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
for homebrew that can't open the SD card, there is an easy fix. just add
Code:
sleep( 1 );
as the first line in the main() function of that program. these programs are trying to init the sd card right when they start up but in reality, the SD module of the IOS has not been loaded yet. so it fails. if you add the sleep() there, you give the IOS another second to start up before you try the SD card.

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately I don't know how to edit and compile Gecko OS... :/

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gecko OS cheat function works for me in UNEEK, I've tested it in Cave Story and it worked. maybe you could try your game again with Gecko OS in your real NAND to see if it's a UNEEK problem or if the same would happen for the real NAND?

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any tips on loading games that require alternate dols? Wii sports resort loads in the DC with my Sneek+DI but when gives black screen upon start, thanks

MattMan3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leic7 said:
Gecko OS cheat function works for me in UNEEK, I've tested it in Cave Story and it worked. maybe you could try your game again with Gecko OS in your real NAND to see if it's a UNEEK problem or if the same would happen for the real NAND?
It does work on the real NAND, but in UNEEK Gecko OS gives me the "No SD card found" error. What version of Gecko OS are you using?

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MattMan3 said:
leic7 said:
It does work on the real NAND, but in UNEEK Gecko OS gives me the "No SD card found" error. What version of Gecko OS are you using?
I used the latest GeckoOS, I also complied my UNEEK files with SD access (general and system menu) enabled.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leic7 said:
MattMan3 said:
leic7 said:
I used the latest GeckoOS, I also complied my UNEEK files with SD access (general and system menu) enabled.

I can't get GeckOS to read my a backup disc from my drive at all (in or out of sneek). Is that disc support broken in Rev19? I'll have to try softchip or neogamma next.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @BigOnYa gimme change for a $20 pls. :):evil: