Hacking SNEEK v2

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple fs dumper works as well i just used a fresh dump and worked fine. im about to test out a dump from my aunts wii, i think it was on 3.1 when i backed it up so that will be cool if i see that on the system settings.

@dkangel, you load bootmii through priiloader or HBC and it autoboots to the nand emulator. the files replace what bootmii would normally use to function. when you boot to the system menu, instead of using NAND it uses the virtual NAND dump on your sd card.

is usb going to even be a possibility on this in the future? that would be incredible, but it sounds like its not a reality. i guess the next real step is to have cIOSes work properly.

edit: hmmmm it doesn't like my aunts dump. weird. its a bootmii dump converted with showmiiwads. thats weird, but oh well still a cool tool.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
I guess I didn't understand what really slow meant...jesus christ, it just seems like it wasn't working, took like a minute to get to system menu. awesome stuff, i hope good things come from this. thank you crediar

sometimes the system menu creates a pretty large file in very small steps, so it might not always be that slow.
But you should verify that you got at least an class 4 card.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
not sure whats going on with my setup.

used sifjars batch file with all the required files, seemed to work fine.

have armboot.bin, bootmii.ini (set to autoboot system menu) and ppcboot.elf in the bootmii folder on my sd card, and boot2.bin on the root of the card.

used fstoolbox to dump my nand and have it on the root of my sd card also.

pop the card in my wii, turn on and all i get is the dvd drive led flashes a few times quickly, then my normal system menu pops up straight away.

using a trancend 16gig sdhc that works fine with bootmii normally.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to read a few pages back, because I'm getting mixed reactions on whether or not this works with cIOS249.
For some reason or another, all is fine, but when I plug in my USB drive the system chokes up and freezes.
At least for the Homebrew Channel it does, when pressing the home button.
It just doesn't read my USB drive's FAT32 partition like it normally would to show the apps.

- Priiloader (black background) set to autoboot: Bootmii IOS and also returns to Autoboot (Bootmii IOS).
- Emulated Priiloader (white background) set to autoboot: System Menu and also returns to Autoboot (System Menu).

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have a question ? why does loading the emulated nad takes 24 seconds to start? i saw people loading their emulated nad in like 5 seconds? did i missed something?

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abel009 said:
i have a question ? why does loading the emulated nad takes 24 seconds to start? i saw people loading their emulated nad in like 5 seconds? did i missed something?
Slow SD card? Priiloader? Lots of files... big NAND backup size... - They're all variants in this application.
You can also check the bootmii.ini to see if you've activated the delay and also changed it not to wait 5 seconds.

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kornychaos said:
abel009 said:
Slow SD card? Priiloader? Lots of files... big NAND backup size... - They're all variants in this application.
You can also check the bootmii.ini to see if you've activated the delay and also changed it not to wait 5 seconds.

can u explain it more? how can i change the ini to no to wait 5 seconds?

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ohh..and does anybody know why when ecer i try to download or acces a channel on the shop channel.it gives me a time out?

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
abel009 said:
ohh..and does anybody know why when ecer i try to download or acces a channel on the shop channel.it gives me a time out?
A timeout or an error? Actually it seems that SNEEK doesn't support the LAN Adapter in the Shop Channel (unlike the System Menu, where it seems to work) so that could be an issue to.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
abel009 said:
A timeout or an error? Actually it seems that SNEEK doesn't support the LAN Adapter in the Shop Channel (unlike the System Menu, where it seems to work) so that could be an issue to.
Doesn't seem to work in HBC either (WLAN). Just continues blinking.. and blinking.. and blinking. USB Adapter doesn't work either.
The USB portion/issue could be from having 2 Priiloader forwarders before getting there. Dunno. I give up for now.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wilsoff said:
How do I remove preloader from my dump
on 3.2U:
1) navigate to /title/00000001/00000002 (this is the sysmenu folder)
2) delete 00000043.app
3) rename 10000043.app to 00000043.app (no 1!!) (this is the true sysmenu 3.2U)
How to remove preloader from your dump on 4.2U
1) navigate to /title/00000001/00000002 (this is the sysmenu folder)
2) delete 00000088.app
3) rename 10000088.app to 00000088.app (no 1!!) (this is the true sysmenu 4.2U)

in fact, i think if u look at the chart HERE

and add 1 to the number in the chart, thats the file that needs to be changed. For example, in the chart 4.2U is 00000087, and to delete priiloader we erase 00000088 (and rename 10000088 to 00000088).

if u think u are doing everything right and u still aren't getting into sneak, then delete priiloader and it may fix it, that got it fixed for me

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
will cios / usbloading work
Generally not.
All nintendo system IOS load correctly with patches applied.
Waninkoko's and Hermes cIOS fail.
This includes 202, so mplayer_ce is essentially broken.
It seems that every cIOScorp IOS loads fine EXCEPT 60. With a 4.1 SD-NAND and priiloader and corp IOSes, it cant even start to load the first part of IOS60. it just hangs. Putting the original IOS60 back on the nand, and tell priiloader to use 70, will boot a rockband 2 DVDr and everything works as it should. When the same DIP from corp 3.6 is added to IOS60 and installed the 4.1 SD-NAND, it works. So something about the way they used IOS70 for the IOS60 there doesn't work in sneek.
Some reports that uLoader and 222/223 work if installed before the nand dump was made

So I have a couple of Q's I couldn't find the answer to yet (not read EVERY reply)

I saw someone claim they have uLoader working, IF a USB loader ran, would it read/write saves to and from the emu NAND ?

Has anyone tried to run softchip or other disc loader, and again running discs through a loader or cIOScorp will it read/write saves to and from the emu NAND ?

I think yes to both of these, can anyone confirm ?

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have working usb-lan with HBC (1.0.6@ios36) , I'm running a 'clean' 3.1E nand.

also the usb-lan works from wii system settings (test connection ok)

(have to test if it works in shopchannel)

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
It seems that every cIOScorp IOS loads fine EXCEPT 60. With a 4.1 SD-NAND and priiloader and corp IOSes, it cant even start to load the first part of IOS60. it just hangs. Putting the original IOS60 back on the nand, and tell priiloader to use 70, will boot a rockband 2 DVDr and everything works as it should. When the same DIP from corp 3.6 is added to IOS60 and installed the 4.1 SD-NAND, it works. So something about the way they used IOS70 for the IOS60 there doesn't work in sneek.
Some reports that uLoader and 222/223 work if installed before the nand dump was made
...it could then be possible to get a cIOSCORP IOS38 wad, patch it with wwpacker_JustSign and install it as IOS249 to get cIOS working (well, half-assed).

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abel009 said:
Have you played a lot of (~50) different games on you Wii?
Every time you play a different game the Wii whacks a ticket on there. I had about 50 game tiks and it was really slow to start. Delete them from the SD-NAND with ATD.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't get shop channel to work either. I think the error code was 209600 or something like that. Using wireless.

Maybe my router is dropping out.

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How could I clean up my SD-NAND completly?

Quote from Comex NAND Formatter:
Comex NAND Formatter
This will (not might, will) delete all your data, so maybe it's a good
idea to have a backup.

The following is the bare minimum to run the System Menu and homebrew
(maybe EULA isn't absolutely required). Use NUS Downloader to grab
the following and pack them as WADs, and copy the result to the 'wad'
folder...

Title ID Version
-------------------------------------------------
0000000100000002 257 (System Menu 3.1U)
0000000100000011 512 (IOS17, for rgsel)
000000010000001e 1040 (IOS30, for menu)
000000010000001f 1037 (IOS31, for EULA)
0001000848414b45 2 (EULA)
0001000848414c45 2 (rgnsel)

Could I do this myself by deleting all files and installing those WADs with ShowMiiWads?
Then I would just boot up and run Ninty Update -> Perfect Install?

greets, user423

BTW. SNEEKv2 rulez.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU