Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Blue-K said:
I give up...I even tried it now with another SD-Card, with the official armboot.bin and with nothing inserted in the USB-Ports. Still Black Screen
frown.gif

I can't see any point that I've done wrong. Dumped my NAND with Simple FS-Dumper, full dump, no Errors. Placed the boot2.bin on the Root of the SD-Card and placed the official armboot.bin under /bootmii. Is it because I have the 4.2 Menu? Or because I have Priiloader? I always holded Reset, but no Priiloader-Menu shows up...

Right now, I'm damm dissapointed...
Try a BootMii dump and ShowMiiWads, that worked to me. I tried with a Simple FS-Dumper's minimal dump and it gave me black screen, don't know if it were missing files, or corrupted, or SFSD just doesn't work.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
diazao said:
Blue-K said:
I give up...I even tried it now with another SD-Card, with the official armboot.bin and with nothing inserted in the USB-Ports. Still Black Screen
frown.gif

I can't see any point that I've done wrong. Dumped my NAND with Simple FS-Dumper, full dump, no Errors. Placed the boot2.bin on the Root of the SD-Card and placed the official armboot.bin under /bootmii. Is it because I have the 4.2 Menu? Or because I have Priiloader? I always holded Reset, but no Priiloader-Menu shows up...

Right now, I'm damm dissapointed...
Try a BootMii dump and ShowMiiWads, that worked to me. I tried with a Simple FS-Dumper's minimal dump and it gave me black screen, don't know if it were missing files, or corrupted, or SFSD just doesn't work.
Thanks at all, but with help from a member (dunno if I can say his name), I got it sorted out. It seemed that some file(s) of SNEEK were bad, because after I used his ones, it worked...strange...guess it was the boot2.bin...

Anyways, thanks at the member (you know who you are
wink.gif
) and all that helped! I'm now playing happily around
smile.gif

-Blue-K

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
ok let me get this straight

My wii does not have a vulnerable boot2, i use priiloader. So I can install Bootmii as IOS, set it up to run SNEEK, so I can autoboot Priiloader->IOS Boot Mii-> Sneek? Also, if I run trucha bug restorer from Sneek will it trucha bug the emulated nand or nand itself? Also, why is this so awesome?

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
There was an app released a while ago called BootMii Switch or something like that which would switch "BootMii" and "BootYou" folders on your SD card, meaning you could have BootMii as "BootYou" and SNEEK as "BootMii" and if you wish to switch, run the app.

Thank you, never heard about it and I'll give it a try. Also, thanks FenrirWolf for the link.
smile.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sabin_Figaro said:
ok let me get this straight

My wii does not have a vulnerable boot2, i use priiloader. So I can install Bootmii as IOS, set it up to run SNEEK, so I can autoboot Priiloader->IOS Boot Mii-> Sneek?

Spot on.

QUOTE said:
Also, if I run trucha bug restorer from Sneek will it trucha bug the emulated nand or nand itself?

The emulated nand. Once sneeks running, the wii basically uses your SD card as the nand.

Also, why is this so awesome?

Sorry, all I can say to that is because it is awesome!!1oneone1!one

And because, while using SNEEK you can do whatever you want to the SM/IOSs etc and not be worried about breaking something. And things can only get better.

DarkBowser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it impossible for an app to do something with the real nand?
And what can I do, when the blue LED on my wii is flashing all the time when I start sneek?

The-Kevster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a pre-compiled version out there? Or all the tools in an easy to use zip....maybe just add the sys menu from nsus and click run?

Thanks alot!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I booted the HBC, none of the apps on my SD card showed up, but I have Configurable USB Loader on my USB HDD and it showed up. I didn't bother launching it since cIOS doesn't work yet, though. I need to mess around with things more.

diazao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
FenrirWolf said:
When I booted the HBC, none of the apps on my SD card showed up, but I have Configurable USB Loader on my USB HDD and it showed up. I didn't bother launching it since cIOS doesn't work yet, though. I need to mess around with things more.
Because your SD works to the emulated nand like the Nintendo Wii works to the real nand, u know what I mean?
And if it doens't work with cIOS, why am I able to play backups? oO (no modchip)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick guide for everyone on how to get it running, simpler than GiantPune's guide (no offense =P). You don't need Python, devkitPro or SVN for this method.

1. Go to downloads page (http://code.google.com/p/sneek/downloads/list and download armboot.bin and efm.zip

2. Extract efm.zip into the same directory as armboot.bin is in, so there should be two elf files and armboot.bin in the directory.

3. Go to the source page (http://code.google.com/p/sneek/source/browse/) and goto the Trunk directory. From the "ELFIns" directory, download "ELFIns.exe", and from the "Boot2Me" directory download "Boot2Me.exe" (to download them, open them, then click "View raw file" at the right hand side)

4. Put both .exe files in the same directory as the elf files and armboot.bin

5. Get NUSD, download IOS60v6174 and tick the "decrypt" box

6. Copy the decrypted "0000000e.app" to the same directory as the elf files, the exe files and armboot.bin

7. Download my SNEEK.bat from here: http://sifjar.hostoi.com/SNEEK.bat

8. Put the bat file in the same directory as all the other files

9. Double click the bat file

10. Copy the contents of folder "Copy_to_SD" to the root of your SD card.

dicky1982

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi,
i think ive done everything to get a running SNEEK, but where the hell has my filesystemdump to go?
i've found nothing about it around
frown.gif

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Quick guide for everyone on how to get it running, simpler than GiantPune's guide (no offense =P). You don't need Python, devkitPro or SVN for this method.

Nice Guide, but the Batch ends with the message that the command "rm" isn´t found. Is that a problem?
I think it should be @del instead off @rm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1