Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Etheboss said:
You are making a little mistake there Zizer.

SNEEK+DI = SD + playing wii games from disc

What you are discribing is:

UNEEK+DI = USB + SD access for Homebrew + playing wii games from disc

No. By "sd(with nand)" he actually meant the emulated NAND contents are saved and loaded from the SD card. And he is right about the use of USB HDDs with SNEEK+DI, because its binaries require an USB device with at least one game in FST (decrypted) format to even boot up.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Quietlyawesome94: DML is reported not working when sneek is launched from the HBC.
You need bootmii as boot2 for it to work (only possible on older Wii's)
Some harddisks are not compatible with neek + di and will cause a hang of the system when neek is launched.
If you are having problems, try a sneek without DI setup. Make sure you removed or renamed di.bin and font.bin in your sd card sneek folder, and use the correct sneek kernel.bin.
(Kernel.bin from sneek and sneek + di are different.)
If that setup works, you will know that your emulated nand is good and that your sd(hc) card works fine.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So you are having Bootmii as IOS only, and DML works if you start Sneek from the HBC?

Or are you using another method to launch sneek?

I am just telling what multiple others reported on this Forum.
I am sure a lot of people with newer wii's would like to know how to get dml working on it.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zizer said:
obcd said:
You need bootmii as boot2 for it to work (only possible on older Wii's)

i have bootmii as ios and dml work fine

QUOTE(obcd @ Sep 26 2011, 03:41 PM)
So you are having Bootmii as IOS only, and DML works if you start Sneek from the HBC?

Or are you using another method to launch sneek?

I am just telling what multiple others reported on this Forum.
I am sure a lot of people with newer wii's would like to know how to get dml working on it.

I've also DML working on a bootmii@ios only Wii, but afaik not all games that work on a bootmii@boot2 Wii work on this one

nokillmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using ModMii to build Uneek+DI and to create a NAND, and all I got was an empty folder on my SD card called "bootmiiuneek", and a folder on my USB drive called "nands" and in that folder was an empty folder called "nand1". What's going on?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PabloACZ said:
No. By "sd(with nand)" he actually meant the emulated NAND contents are saved and loaded from the SD card. And he is right about the use of USB HDDs with SNEEK+DI, because its binaries require an USB device with at least one game in FST (decrypted) format to even boot up.
Oh, ok, learned something here... I only used UNEEK before, i didn't know SNEEK needed an USB device to work... this is not really clear in the U/SNEEK +DI guide on the first page of this topic.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
nokillmonkeys said:
I was using ModMii to build Uneek+DI and to create a NAND, and all I got was an empty folder on my SD card called "bootmiiuneek", and a folder on my USB drive called "nands" and in that folder was an empty folder called "nand1". What's going on?

I had that same problem. I don't remember why it does that or whether or not the files are created when you boot into SNEEK, but either way, I can't get it to work anymore anyway.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to copy my savegames from my SNEEK NAND back to the real NAND?

I've already attempted to copy them from NAND to SD through SNEEK, but most of the time I get a black screen when I turn it on, or it shows the warning/Press A screen and goes black, or, RARELY, it shows the System Menu, which then goes black when I try to load anything or click on the Wii Menu (Options/Data Management screen).

Also, if I click on Homebrew Filter or any other channel, the Wiimote cursor disappears and stops responding, while the channel animations are still playing so it's not clear if the Wii itself is freezing or not.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just used ModMii v4.7.3 to make a nand with uneek and added some wad games. Everything working ok except when I try to pack a wad (game, that is already in my nand) with showmiiwads it asks for sys/cert.sys. With v4.7.2 it never asked for it. How do I resolve this? Many thanks if you can help

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used ModMii to make me a SNEEK+DI with DML setup... Now what? I've copied my files over to an SD card - I've used this for my original Homebrew - can I keep my old files? Also, how do I format my USB drive to use SNEEK? FAT32? NTFS? What format do the games need to be in? I only want to play Gamecube games and VC channels...

HELP ME! I'm lost
frown.gif

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PimpMyWii = BrickMyWii.

DML is Dios-Mios Lite.

ModMii is the replacement for BrickMyWii.

Now, please, someone help with my problem?

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
chaosdarkneo said:
PimpMyWii = BrickMyWii.

DML is Dios-Mios Lite.

ModMii is the replacement for BrickMyWii.

Now, please, someone help with my problem?
Uhhh... well, at least PimpMyWii never froze when checking IOS vulnerabilities, like SysCheck has.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you meant for hacking the Wii. Not for checking your IOS.

SysCheck only freezes if your Wii setup is screwed up.

Generally, some USB loaders implement a modified SysCheck for you... Like CFG USB Loader.

SysCheck is much better than PimpMyWii in the sense that it's way more reliable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag