Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

can you open "hackshas" in a text editor and confirm for me if it has the same content as your hacks_hash.ini that was on your SD Card initially?

Also, if u could open hacksh_s in a text editor and confirm it has a bunch of empty spaces and blank lines

(this is how hacks.ini operates on the nand, so I'm assuming it should be the same)

ok the "hackshas" y the hacks_hash.ini have the exact same content.

and i can`t open the hacksh_s
so here is the hacksh-s
if you want to take a look

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
hellboy2010 said:
XFlak said:

can you open "hackshas" in a text editor and confirm for me if it has the same content as your hacks_hash.ini that was on your SD Card initially?

Also, if u could open hacksh_s in a text editor and confirm it has a bunch of empty spaces and blank lines

(this is how hacks.ini operates on the nand, so I'm assuming it should be the same)

ok the "hackshas" y the hacks_hash.ini have the exact same content.

and i can`t open the hacksh_s
so here is the http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3hhz70hog9bv5q1
if you want to take a look

hey hellboy did you have to rename hacks_hash. ini to hackshas.ini for it to work for you?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
scooby74029 said:
hey hellboy did you have to rename hacks_hash. ini to hackshas.ini for it to work for you?
when u load priiloader with hacks.ini or hacks_hash.ini on the SD card, it makes a copy of itself to the nand (and renames itself)

I'm pretty sure that the hacksh_s file is the hacks that you enable, and will change according to the hacks selected

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SOLVED

Can anyone answer this? Not even sure if I can post it on this thread.

So I got the switch2uneek installed.

When I click on switch2uneek from the EmuNand and select A.
I get an error that I don't have sneek V2.
It just boots me back to the same EmuNand..I can't boot to the second EmuNand

How do i tell if the Sneek Installer I used is sneek v2 file? or What e'm I doing wrong?

It's saying can't find: armboot.bin
but the file is in the bootmi and I also created the bootmiiuneek folder.

My setup is UNEEK+DI

SOLVED

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, switch2uneek cannot directly change from one UNEEK NAND to another UNEEK NAND.
To do that you need to return to real NAND first.
So as an example, the sequence is UNEEK NAND 1 --> real NAND --> UNEEK NAND 2.

You could PM me if you still find problems (most of the time, the real problems come from
having the wrong set-up for folders and required files, so please read the README.txt file in the
source section of the gadget4sneek googlecode page or in the downloaded package).

Below is a video as an example of using switch2uneek to change from real NAND to SM 4.3U UNEEK NAND then
to real NAND then to SM 4.3E UNEEK NAND then back to real NAND.

[youtube]fQ_KVHYiKis[/youtube]

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The issue was - the wad file i used will not run in Wii Menu - switch2sneek-D2SA_r5.
I had to launch it from HBC and i can switch back to real NAND

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about Uneek+DI if anyone could provide answers they would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

-Since Priiloader is often used for hacks such as "No Disc Updates or No Wifi Updates" how do these 2 updates effect Uneek? I mean will you be asked to update in the future unless you install Priiloader to the emulated nand and enable said hacks?

I understand it's almost full brick protection, but i'm moving on to uneek for what seems like perfect compatibility among games.

-How would you copy over all your game saves to the emulated nand? I did not dump my nand because every time i tried using my dump I just got a black sceen; ModMii was used to make virgin nand. I would just hate to have to start over on some of my games w/o being able to carry their saves over.

Thanks for your promptly responses, and if these questions have already been answered could you link me to the proper page
smile.gif
thanks.

B

BryceOne

M1r0 said:
BryceOne said:
When I first started using Uneed-DI, I installed some WiiWare/VC titles. They all worked great, so I continued installing more of them.. Now I'm finding many titles I had installed earlier have stopped working. Is this common issue? I'm using ShowMiiWads to install them, should I be using something different?

Did you update, preform any changes on your wii besides installing more wads? Maybe accidently installed nonworking duplicates that wrote over the old ones?

Every WAD I installed was 100% tested/working before. If I start over using a backup I have, should I use something other that ShowMiiWads to install WiiWare? or should I limit how many WADs I install at once? Also, which Firmware is recommended to use with uneek+di, 4.2U or 4.3U?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
When I first started using Uneed-DI, I installed some WiiWare/VC titles. They all worked great, so I continued installing more of them.. Now I'm finding many titles I had installed earlier have stopped working. Is this common issue? I'm using ShowMiiWads to install them, should I be using something different?

Did you update, preform any changes on your wii besides installing more wads? Maybe accidently installed nonworking duplicates that wrote over the old ones?

Every WAD I installed was 100% tested/working before. If I start over using a backup I have, should I use something other that ShowMiiWads to install WiiWare? or should I limit how many WADs I install at once? Also, which Firmware is recommended to use with uneek+di, 4.2U or 4.3U?

Just use showmiiwads to reinstall them again and everything should play fine.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
I have some questions about Uneek+DI if anyone could provide answers they would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

-Since Priiloader is often used for hacks such as "No Disc Updates or No Wifi Updates" how do these 2 updates effect Uneek? I mean will you be asked to update in the future unless you install Priiloader to the emulated nand and enable said hacks?

I understand it's almost full brick protection, but i'm moving on to uneek for what seems like perfect compatibility among games.

-How would you copy over all your game saves to the emulated nand? I did not dump my nand because every time i tried using my dump I just got a black sceen; ModMii was used to make virgin nand. I would just hate to have to start over on some of my games w/o being able to carry their saves over.

Thanks for your promptly responses, and if these questions have already been answered could you link me to the proper page
smile.gif
thanks.

hey man to get your saves on s/uneek nand just copy the 00010000 folder from real nand with bluedump or fstoolbox
or get folder from nand backup and copy it to same folder in s/uneek games saves wont show up on new modmii nand until you play them a least one time

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how updates effect emulated nand? I wouldnt want to do someones Wii like this and later down the line it asks them for an update and they not know what to do. I would also need to know this answer for myself.

btw thanks scooby74029
smile.gif
you guys are all the best here.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
kylster said:
Does anyone know how updates effect emulated nand? I wouldnt want to do someones Wii like this and later down the line it asks them for an update and they not know what to do. I would also need to know this answer for myself.

btw thanks scooby74029
smile.gif
Updates don't effect anything. You can update the regular nand as you wish independent from your sneek nand or nands.
If they update they will lose the homebrew channel, simple solution, install a forwarder channel to bootmii ios or that sneek forwarder, I forget whats its called, switch2sneek or something. Then if they update, that channel will remain, and sneek should still work. I think so, hmmm, maybe as bootmii would be removed this may stop sneek from working but I think it may work.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks donkey but I may have been a little less precise on my question, it was towards updates to the emulated nand. The way i figure it is if the wii emulates itself and you dont have any priiloader hacks to disable disc updates and you have a game that may still have the update in it (or when converting to disx format does it remove all this already?) will updating from inside emulated nand do anything unexpected?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
thanks donkey but I may have been a little less precise on my question, it was towards updates to the emulated nand. The way i figure it is if the wii emulates itself and you dont have any priiloader hacks to disable disc updates and you have a game that may still have the update in it (or when converting to disx format does it remove all this already?) will updating from inside emulated nand do anything unexpected?

Doesn't matter. You can update to your hearts content. It's emulated...also you don't need a trucha signed Cios.EVERYTHING is patched in Sneek/UNeek.

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
kylster said:

btw thanks scooby74029
smile.gif
Updates don't effect anything. You can update the regular nand as you wish independent from your sneek nand or nands.
If they update they will lose the homebrew channel, simple solution, install a forwarder channel to bootmii ios or that sneek forwarder, I forget whats its called, switch2sneek or something. Then if they update, that channel will remain, and sneek should still work. I think so, hmmm, maybe as bootmii would be removed this may stop sneek from working but I think it may work.
I am wondering what happens if my emulated nand is 4.2U, I'm running it via uneek+DI, and I do a system update to 4.3. Does that update the emulated nand only, or will it wipe out the 4.2U on my wii nand?

I ask this because I did a nand dump of my 4.2U to make my emulated nand. Now when I run the emulated nand, it seems REALLY slow. I wonder if updating to 4.3U on the emulated nand will help the emulated nand run faster.

I am curious if my WD hard drive is not being treated as a USB2.0 device (faster) and instead just a regular USB device (slower).

Thanks.

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm liking this UNEEK+DI.

So far I got these working: Autoboot Wii to Sneek. - MMM - JoyFlow - My Wiiware loads better and I can play my Lost Wind with no issue - WiiMC ( avi files works fine - VOB buffers not sure why ) - *switch2uneek works but on hold -

*switch2uneek --> Not sure if I'm going to bring this back.

Now what else can i bring from the real nand to Emunand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I can't figure out how to run a game on mig switch oh well