Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
Got some questions about priiloader and emulated nand.

1)What would be the benefit of having priiloader installed to it?

2)How do you install it? Would it be as simple as installing it from the hbc w/in the emulated nand?

3)I read that priiloader could cause problems with emulated nand, what problems would be produced?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response and thanks again for anyone who offered helpful advice not only to me but others as well.

Here is your answers. IMHO

1) You can install the hacks. (no sound etc.) (You can install the hacks while compiling sneek apparently,don't ask me how I am not sure)

2) Yes it would be simple as installing to real nand,because that's what you do. Install to real nand,then back up the nand.

3) Priiloader will more than likely cause SNEEK/UNEEK to be very slow and or not start at all.

I honestly do not know why you want priiloader installed. SNEEK and UNEEK are the ultimate in brick protection. No priiloader necessary. If you want to add priiloader hacks to sneek then I was told you had to edit the SMenu.c in the SVN before compiling. not sure on the procedure.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1)
System menu hacks on emulated nand (there are other ways of doing this, like compiling s/uneek w/ hacks embedded).
Being able to autoboot to an app or installed file (ie. joyflow).
Being able to use other priiloader settings like ignore standby etc.

2)
You can manually install priiloader to an emulated nand (4.2U for example) by:
A) renaming /title/00000001/00000002/content/00000088.app to /title/00000001/00000002/content/10000088.app
B) then copying priiloader from a nand dump with priiloader installed ie. 3.2E nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000046.app) to the 4.2U emu nand (/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000088.app)

Note:
/title/00000001/00000002/content/000000XX.app is different for each firmware, here's a list I just whipped up (essentially the same as the mymenuify theme .app list +1)
25spi05.jpg

Also, you can copy a universal hacks.ini file directly to the emu nand here:
/title/00000001/00000002/data/hacks.ini

Alternatively, u can try installing priiloader using its official installer on the emu nand, but it may take a few tries and is generally a pain in the ass doing it this way.

3)
AFAIK, the only problems with priiloader on emulated nands is adjusting emu nand priiloader settings. Make 1 change at a time, save then exit. And u can always remove priiloader from an emulated nand by reversing the steps I listed in #2 above. It is possible your emu nand could become corrupted and u've have to build a new one (or revert to a backup)... but I think the risk of that happening is pretty small.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use my NAND on sneek, and then try to run Homebrew Channel, it gives me the Scammed message that usually comes before hackmii installer, but doesn't prompt me to press 1 after several minutes.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
When I use my NAND on sneek, and then try to run Homebrew Channel, it gives me the Scammed message that usually comes before hackmii installer, but doesn't prompt me to press 1 after several minutes.

you are probalby using HBC 1.08 and it will not work with s/uneek

you need 1.06 or 1.07 HBC to get it to work with s/uneek

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other problem... When I try to run hackmii installer on my 4.2 wii, it says no vulnerable IOS found.. ANy ideas?

Also, where can I find HBC 1.0.7?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M1r0 said:
One other problem... When I try to run hackmii installer on my 4.2 wii, it says no vulnerable IOS found.. ANy ideas?

Also, where can I find HBC 1.0.7?

For No Vulnerable Ios Found run Modmii and select the H in main menu

For HBC 1.0.7 I think google is your best friend as I think we are not allowed to post mirror links outside the original TT website.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To quote myself,

ChokeD said:
Google search for "HackMii Installer v0.7" and in 30 seconds I found it at the 2nd link..

I would get it for you, but we can't have that here at GBAtemp at the request of the devs who made it, srry.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
M1r0 said:
I installed HBC 1.0.7, but now it is still giving me scam sign, but goes away after 5 minutes.

Did you replace the .tik file from REAL nand dump into your EMU nand as per the guide?

Quote from "Installing HBC 1.0.7"

8. Then manually copy and replace your original Bootmii NAND/ticket/00010001/af1bf516.tik to Sneek NAND/ticket/00010001/af1bf516.tik

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
M1r0 said:
I installed HBC 1.0.7, but now it is still giving me scam sign, but goes away after 5 minutes.

Welcome to my club http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-...t&p=3531129

I decided NOT to install any HBC version because I can access MMM from Wii Menu anyway. Since I got MMM working on EmuNAND I'm OK not having HBC.

So right now I'm thinking if I should install priiloader on my EmuNAND.. I still don't know what advantage I would get on it for EmuNAND other than auto booting to joyflow.

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I googled and used the search here. Can you answer my noob question? or show me a thread for the answer.

I only have BootMii IOS.

Is this possible.
On my real NAND I want priiloader to Boot directly to UNEEK+DI NAND. Rather than going to Real Nand first then HBC and then launch bootmii.

Can it be done?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
webugoy said:
I googled and used the search here. Can you answer my noob question? or show me a thread for the answer.

I only have BootMii IOS.

Is this possible.
On my real NAND I want priiloader to Boot directly to UNEEK+DI NAND. Rather than going to Real Nand first then HBC and then launch bootmii.

Can it be done?
Yes, just autoboot bootmii ios

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Donkey Plonk said:
webugoy said:

I only have BootMii IOS.

Is this possible.

Can it be done?

How? do i need to search for boot.dol to install it priiloader?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
webugoy said:
Donkey Plonk said:
webugoy said:

I only have BootMii IOS.

Is this possible.

Can it be done?

No, you just go into priiloader, go to the settings page, and press right a few times on autoboot. One of the options is bootmii. Bootmii doesn't have a dol, its a modified kernal like sneek, no dol

webugoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Donkey Plonk said:
webugoy said:
Donkey Plonk said:
webugoy said:

I only have BootMii IOS.

Is this possible.

Can it be done?

No, you just go into priiloader, go to the settings page, and press right a few times on autoboot. One of the options is bootmii. Bootmii doesn't have a dol, its a modified kernal like sneek, no dol
OK I will try that after I watch my movie.. LOL

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
priiloader has an option in its settings to launch bootmii @ startup. However, I tried using priiloader v0.4 to launch sneek the other day directly from priiloader and it told me ppcboot.elf was missing and it was unable to boot into bootmii (ppcboot.elf is a file required to launch bootmii @ IOS but not required to launch s/uneek). I'm not sure if this limitation was removed in newer versions of priiloader... but either way u can install BootIOS.dol as a file in any version of pre/priiloader and it will reload to IOS254 (ie. launching bootmii or s/uneek) without checking for ppcboot.elf.

https://github.com/downloads/Vithon/bootios/BootIOS.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I can't believe you got me with that