Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

Lyker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what cause a gray screen with black lines?

I have searched and found nothing about this error.

I have tried 3 diffrent SD cards. It does not work.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
ocihc80 said:
Good day everyone...

I am using SNEEK+DI, I would like to know if i can use my previous save games before I installed SNEEK? if yes, please let me know because all of my previous save games were lost.

Thank you very much!

If you had used a NAND dump from your own Wii rather than generating a new one you would have kept all of your game saves. As it is, you can still dump your NAND and extract the saves to your SNEEK NAND, but I'm not sure what exactly you'd use to copy just the saves from one NAND dump to another...

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
ocihc80 said:
Good day everyone...

I am using SNEEK+DI, I would like to know if i can use my previous save games before I installed SNEEK? if yes, please let me know because all of my previous save games were lost.

Thank you very much!

If you had used a NAND dump from your own Wii rather than generating a new one you would have kept all of your game saves. As it is, you can still dump your NAND and extract the saves to your SNEEK NAND, but I'm not sure what exactly you'd use to copy just the saves from one NAND dump to another...

One thing that I did that seemed to work is to extract a BootMii dump, and copy over and replace the files from a clean NAND (one generated by ModMii for example) to the BootMii dump. Then just to make sure, use ShowMiiWads to delete cIOSs.

That should ensure that system files are unmodified and you won't have cIOSs which are known to have compatibility problems with SNEEK.

I can't say it'll work 100% but it can't hurt to try.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ocihc80 said:
Good day everyone...

Thank you very much!

do you have a nand dump with all these saves in it still ?

if so i have an app to help you easily transfer your games/saves around... donated by a wonderful guy (anonymously)

24nha50.png

HERE IT IS : NandGameSaveManager 1st release and probly the last ;-)

koiulpoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe somebody can help with this...

I've been trying to get sneek working for a bit now, and the only one that boots is r125, the one the auto-installer downloads. I've even tried compiling it myself, to no avail. All other versions just give the grey/black alternating lines (with no drive light), or just a black screen.

However, the one that boots, only ever boots once. It doesn't matter if I'm using sneek, uneek, or if there's a di module or not: it will start up once, ever, and then I need to fanangle some files and re-copy a fresh nand. This happens whether I am using a "virgin" NAND or a copy of my internal one.

How do I fix this? I mean, it actually boots up, once, but then fails. It even reads from my hard drive when set to uneek, but only for a couple seconds, and then hangs on a black screen. It's like it can't quite get into the system menu or something.

Slashmolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a couple of issues.
Installed UNEEK + DI
Used a NAND generated from ModMii

I followed all the directions to copy homebrew channel to my harddrive. For some reason when I boot the homewbrew channel it freezes at the warning screen.

Another problem I have is when I boot a game such as SSBB gamecube remote support is not working, I assume this is because BC was not included. I attempted to get a BCv6 WAD from NUSD and then install it with ShowMiiWad though it did not fix anything.

EDIT: I see now SNEEK has compatibility issues with the latest HBC so I'll probably have to find a copy of 1.0.7's wad or installer.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the gazillionth time of trying to install Sneek DI, I'm trying again. I followed the guide to a T, and I can't get any menu to come up on my Wii at all, let alone any sign that I actually did anything different. Do I have to have a USB with a properly decrypted and placed game for the Sneek menu to even come up?

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read that you do need to have at least one for +DI versions of SNEEK/UNEEK to load. I'm not positive, about that though.

If you don't have that, you should try. Or at least try SNEEK/UNEEK without DI.

koiulpoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried again, with a ModMii generated NAND. It works fine once, but gives a nice black screen every time after that. Nobody else has had this problem?

Edit: Even more bizarrely, after the initial screen flicker, the wiimote that was on before auto-syncs to p1 and stays on (!?), but the system menu never gets displayed, no audio, etc.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
markehmus said:
ocihc80 said:
Good day everyone...

Thank you very much!

do you have a nand dump with all these saves in it still ?

if so i have an app to help you easily transfer your games/saves around... donated by a wonderful guy (anonymously)

24nha50.png

my upload speed sux but i will post a mediafire link soon

Sorry for beeing a noob but how can i check my nand dump?

I hope you can upload sooner or post the link of the app you mentioned... I believe thats the easiest way to do... MANY THANKS FOR ALL WHO HELP!

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Luriden said:
After the gazillionth time of trying to install Sneek DI, I'm trying again. I followed the guide to a T, and I can't get any menu to come up on my Wii at all, let alone any sign that I actually did anything different. Do I have to have a USB with a properly decrypted and placed game for the Sneek menu to even come up?

Hi

Please try this COMPLETE guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ho...use/sneek/setup this works for me to install SNEEK+DI... Good luck!

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I keep getting connect() failed 10061, trying to use sneek installer to get ios files, got the sneek files fine, but keep getting this error when trying for ios 80 ticket

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocihc80 said:
Luriden said:

Hi

Please try this COMPLETE guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ho...use/sneek/setup this works for me to install SNEEK+DI... Good luck!

That's basically the same as the guide that's posted here in the OP, and my SD is exactly as shown in the guide. My Wii still doesn't do anything with the Sneek files though. How do I "boot" Sneek, so-to-speak? As of now my Wii doesn't even know to boot everything I just installed to the SD.

I have BootMii installed. However, it could only be installed as an IOS since my boot1 prevents it from being installed as boot2. Also, if I replace the armboot on my SD that was installed with BootMii with the armboot found on the first page of this guide, I can no longer start BootMii, I just get a black screen, my Wii freezes and my disc tray starts flashing blue.

I'm completely clueless as to how I boot Sneek. This seems like something simple I'm missing out on. I understand I press 1 on the Wii controller or Start on GC to access the game menu, but that's assuming I actually have Sneek running. I can't even figure out how to run it.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is there a manual guide, like the old way that will tell me which files the installer needs/uses, so i can dl from NUS, ie: ios80 ticket etc

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I have BootMii installed. However, it could only be installed as an IOS

correct me if you will ...two ways , i believe 1 is real difficult for noobs , the other way is load bootmii with HBC and sneek should load if you truely have sneek installed properly.

switch2sneek , a third ?

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Luriden said:
ocihc80 said:
Luriden said:

Hi

That's basically the same as the guide that's posted here in the OP, and my SD is exactly as shown in the guide. My Wii still doesn't do anything with the Sneek files though. How do I "boot" Sneek, so-to-speak? As of now my Wii doesn't even know to boot everything I just installed to the SD.

I have BootMii installed. However, it could only be installed as an IOS since my boot1 prevents it from being installed as boot2. Also, if I replace the armboot on my SD that was installed with BootMii with the armboot found on the first page of this guide, I can no longer start BootMii, I just get a black screen, my Wii freezes and my disc tray starts flashing blue.

I'm completely clueless as to how I boot Sneek. This seems like something simple I'm missing out on. I understand I press 1 on the Wii controller or Start on GC to access the game menu, but that's assuming I actually have Sneek running. I can't even figure out how to run it.

What you mentioned above was the same experienced before successfully installing sneek (My bootmii is also installed as IOS), please try the other version and also do not forget to check the correct File Structure for SNEEK, SNEEK+DI, UNEEK and UNEEK+DI etc... (Both for SD & USB). And I belive you should have atleast one game on your USB and one important thing is to add the font.bin file in the root of your SD card.

Try also to re read some threads if you are not sure on what your doing...

I hope this helps...

mewii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everyone! I am still trying to figure out how to launch homebrew under sneek. Homebrew channel doesn't seem to work properly, after numerous attempts. Are there any homebrew loaders packed in a wad that work and don't show that stupid scam screen?

koiulpoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
I keep getting connect() failed 10061, trying to use sneek installer to get ios files, got the sneek files fine, but keep getting this error when trying for ios 80 ticket
Use NUSD, put key.bin in with it in the folder. Grab IOS 60 v6174, and IOS 80 v6943. I don't remember exactly what files you need, but those are for sure where they come from. Be sure to click "Decrypt", to get the .app files.

QUOTE(Luriden @ Nov 25 2010, 11:51 AM) Also, if I replace the armboot on my SD that was installed with BootMii with the armboot found on the first page of this guide, I can no longer start BootMii, I just get a black screen, my Wii freezes and my disc tray starts flashing blue.
Sneek replaces the armboot for bootmii, and so it should launch automatically. The blue flashing disk tray means sneek started loading, but couldn't find files where it wanted them to be (for any number of reasons). Could you try to describe the pattern of the flashes? Short, long, number, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock