Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UNEEK(with or without the DI module, downloaded using the auto-installer / r115) still doesn't like a 4.3U NAND for me, but loads up at least with 4.2U (and the older IOS70 of course).

It still locks up whenever I try and load a channel or game, however. I was hoping it was an issue with my compiled files.

Don't have a USB Gecko or anything to get the debug output though.

Though one other thing... I read that UNEEK+DI should be faster, but on my HDD, it's about the same speed as SNEEK+DI if not slower. It still takes about 30 seconds to reach the system menu, regardless of which I use. This is with a 250MB NAND on a 500GB HDD, formatted using 32k clusters.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
UNEEK(with or without the DI module, downloaded using the auto-installer / r115) still doesn't like a 4.3U NAND for me, but loads up at least with 4.2U (and the older IOS70 of course).
F.Y.I. - you don't have to use IOS70 for SNEEK when using a 4.2U NAND. You can use the 0000000E.app from IOS80 with a 4.2U NAND.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the new installer and UNEEK+DI and having some issues.
First 2 times I booted UNEEK+DI I got 1 short flash (repeating).
I removed the DI.bin and FONT.bin and UNEEK booted with no problem.
I then put the DI.bin back but left out FONT.bin and UNEEK+DI booted (no menu due to missing font.bin)
I then placed FONT.bin back, and UNEEK+DI booted and the DI menu is coming up
(This is crazy, I don't know why I would have to do the above)

Anyways, on to the actual issue.
So UNEEK+DI is booting and I get the DI menu, however, when I select a game the DC comes back and says it is unable to read the disk (tried several dumped with DiscEx). I check the files again and I do have a diconfig.bin but I am unable to find a slot.bin (if that is still even used).

Thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind. I rebooted UNEEK+DI and the games seem to be working now.

Edit 2: Now I just gotta hex edit the diconfig.bin, so that is stops thinking my NAND is EUR.
(Would be nice if there was something we could do in the Installer to specify US, instead of having to hex edit the created file.)

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
jhoff80 said:
F.Y.I. - you don't have to use IOS70 for SNEEK when using a 4.2U NAND. You can use the 0000000E.app from IOS80 with a 4.2U NAND.

Sorry, you're misinterpreting what I said. You need IOS70 installed on the NAND to use 4.2U. The IOS70 from 4.3U is a stub. So I had to delete IOS70 and install the older version of it to downgrade my NAND to 4.2U. SNEEK itself is still using IOS80.

And as I said, nothing launches with UNEEK that way.

With SNEEK, everything works perfectly, even on 4.3U.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally UNEEK+DI is booting fine for me, however it seems that it is sometimes unable to return to the system menu of the emulated nand after I exit a game from the home menu or if I try to return to the menu from the homebrew channel (I have homebrew channel 1.0.7 installed on the nand). It's not that big of a problem, but it's somehow annoying, so is there a fix for this?

Edit: Also, why doesn't the homebrew channel see the apps on my hard drive? If I enter the homebrew channel from my real nand, the apps on the hard drive are displayed, but on the emulated nand I only see the apps on my sd card. Also the option of pressing 1 in the HBC and switching to the USB storage is blanked out, so i can only choose sd

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkFan16 said:
Edit: Also, why doesn't the homebrew channel see the apps on my hard drive? If I enter the homebrew channel from my real nand, the apps on the hard drive are displayed, but on the emulated nand I only see the apps on my sd card. Also the option of pressing 1 in the HBC and switching to the USB storage is blanked out, so i can only choose sd

When using UNEEK+DI homebrew applications will not be able to use the HDD.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DownSince86 said:
LinkFan16 said:

When using UNEEK+DI homebrew applications will not be able to use the HDD.

alright thanks for the answer ^^

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting 2 short flashes repeatedly while trying to boot a virgin nand with uneek+di or sneek+di on system menu 4.2

I know the error code represents The TMD of the IOS the current title uses is missing, but how do I fix that?

Am I overlooking an important step?

1. run autoinstaller
2. follow folder structure from guide
3. font.bin in sneek folder on USB drive(s)
4. ensured setting.txt was in 00000001/000002/content

2 short flashes or black screen are the results I've had out of all my trial an error lately. =/

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you open the DI menu in uneek + DI?

its a work of beauty i tell ya. this thing loads my ~10GB nand in about 1 minute and 33 seconds. thats from pressing load bootmii in HBC to system menu on screen. pretty fucking impressive compared to the first builds.

snake32493

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gamecube controller is functioning slow and not responding do my button presses with games like brawl. I am using UNEEk+DI. Is it the Cheater menu?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sneek kills me sometimes...i found out why i cant open the menu, i don't have font.bin in the sneek folder on usb. i put it there and...tada it does...NOT work. it freezes when loading. i can tell because my hdd light stops blinking. it boots flawlessly without font.bin, but of course no di menu.

when will this program just work like its supposed to?
maybe my font.bin is wrong? it has been confirmed to work with the di menu in previous revs. do i need a new one?

edit guess not it works fine with sneek + DI. guess i will not be running uneek + DI. i tried deleting it all and starting fresh with no luck either.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About that anti piacy in gc coming to sneek on usb mode... what if someone had a cios or darkcorped 4.2 nand would it
read and install gc backups to hdd???? or is crediar blockin that too???

snake32493

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My gamecube controller is functioning slow and not responding do my button presses with games like brawl. I am using UNEEk+DI. Is it the Cheater menu?

Any fix?

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
sneek kills me sometimes...i found out why i cant open the menu, i don't have font.bin in the sneek folder on usb. i put it there and...tada it does...NOT work. it freezes when loading. i can tell because my hdd light stops blinking. it boots flawlessly without font.bin, but of course no di menu.

same experience here, but when i tried Sneek DI using same font.bin, it works. Uneek DI without font.bin boots perfectly but no menu, then after font.bin was included, black screen, it wont even boot.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo