Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
snake32493 said:
Does the HDD absolutely have to have a 32kb cluster to work.
Yes.
MLRX said:
if i use puneek can i use the install option to install the games to sneek or does it install tem to the wbfs folder?
QUOTE(MLRX @ Aug 2 2010, 05:50 AM)
can anyone tell me how to set up puneek. theres no readme or anything. is there a step by step guide on where what files go?
This Thread is not about Puneek, it's about UNEEK+DI, as far as I know. Not to mention that PUNEEK is outdated, and not for Noobs. I would suggest to try UNEEK+DI instead, since there's a Tut at the front page, and it's more updated. It's nearly the same, if not better, it only misses the Loaders.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I released a set of batch scripts and some modified apps to make this a bit easier, hope it helps someone. SNEEK r114 is included with region free for all region 4.2 sys menus but you should be able to replace the files in the input_files/sneek directory until crediar decides he wants to change the layout again
tongue.gif

Here's a little installer I created for the latest revision of SNEEK (r114).

This installer will help you setup your SD/USB devices for use with SNEEK using modified applications to speed up the process and make it as simple as possible to get yourself a working NAND/SNEEK setup.

Currently, the installer will download system menu 4.2 (any region of your choice) and apply the necessary modifications to the files before transferring them to your devices. All region NANDs seem to be working well on my PAL Wii with region free hacks applied.

QUOTE said:
SNEEK Batch Installer v0.2b by retrohead

First Time Use:
- Remove any SNEEK files from your devices (SD/USB) and plug them into your PC
- Run the installer
- Select option 3 from the main menu
- Follow the instructions
- Enjoy!

Extra Info
- Only 4.2 system menu is supported at this time
- Installer uses ios80 and ios60 to reflect r114 (auto downloaded when patching)
- SNEEK files can be updated manually by compiling SNEEK source and overwriting
the required SNEEK files in input_files/sneek

Included Apps:

- ELFIns (Sneek r114)
- IOSKpatch (Sneek r114)
- NUS Auto Downloader (modded v4.1.8 to not need any user input or check updates)
- NusFileGrabber_Sneek (mod of NusFileGrabber 1.1 to get ios80 file instead of 70)
- ShowMiiWads (1.5 modded to auto install wads from the NUS mod download)

Credits:
Everyone that made the original above applications
Anyone that posted useful info in the SNEEK threads on GBAtemp

http://wii.ds-scene.net
I plan to add a function for applying a skin to the emulated NAND system menu along with the ability to backup the NAND's channels for moving to a different region system menu, this can all be done manually for now until I get some more time. I also plan to add a couple of options to uninstall SNEEK and put your SD and USB back to a non-sneek environment (delete all SNEEK files and backup, then remove, the NAND).

Included are the source files for the mods I created for anyone that is interested in those hack jobs lol. This was all a bit of a rush job mainly to make my life easier but I hope this helps more people get a working SNEEK environment and speed up the process for others that change their SNEEK files regularly.

Download Sneek Batch Installer 0.2b
Download Sneek Batch Installer 0.2b Sources
Release Thread

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Btw, does anyone have an idea how to format an Drive with 32kb Clusters on Ubuntu/Linux? I'm really stuck there, all I found was a command which didn't seem to work
frown.gif

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Btw, does anyone have an idea how to format an Drive with 32kb Clusters on Ubuntu/Linux? I'm really stuck there, all I found was a command which didn't seem to work
frown.gif

mkdosfs -s 64 /dev/partition_name

make sure you format the proper partition

Edit: and no that 64 is not a typo

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
moosehunter said:
Anybody willing to test the difference between r113 and r114?
homebrew works better on sneek R115 than uneek R115

uneek just keeps freezing and you have to power down and restart same apps on sneek run no problems

QUOTE(Hyrule2008 @ Aug 2 2010, 07:35 PM) Still have the same issue with rev 115 / uneek di.
That i can only boot without the shared 2 folder >.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyrule2008 said:
Still have the same issue with rev 115 / uneek di.
That i can only boot without the shared 2 folder >. put in the SD card and press reset
Now sneeks loads without problems (UNEEK and UNEEK+DI) (WD Essentials 1TB FAT32 32kb)
Otherwise it will flash 3 times (cannot find kernel.bin) and no screen output.
This has to do with slow usb devices like thulinma stated.
Waiting for the health screen, you can hear the drive spinning up.

Hyrule2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
moosehunter : Thanky, read this already on the code page, but it still dont load, there is video signal, and no flashing, and the wii remote connects normal, but no wii menu shown up, like a semi bricked wii :/

@longtom will try it and edit my post with the result
smile.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the SNEEKInstaller Spoiler with a new pic and UNEEK+DI specifics

Updated Trouble Shooting Spoiler with,

5 short flashes: "Could not open or read sd:/sneek/kernel.bin"