LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bewitched said:
LinkFan16 said:
I have problems getting UNEEK+DI to boot. I followed the tutorial very carefully. Compiling went without errors and I also checked if I had placed all the files right, but all I get is a black screen when booting (trying to boot a 4.2 virgin NAND created using Showmiiwads). Also, my disc drive isn't flashing, so I assume all files are there. I'm trying to boot from a 1TB external USB storage, could that be a problem?
Did you format your drive to FAT32 32KB Clusters?

Yes, I did. And also made the partition primary and set it as active. Does the SD Card have to be formatted this way too? Because as far as I remember it's formatted as FAT, not FAT32

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The best advice is to try getting uneek to boot before you try uneek_di to work

try multiple drives if you have them and make sure they have a primary fat32 32kb clusters partition the partition being active isn't that important as I have 3 hard drives that work for uneek and uneek_di and none of them have an active partition

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LinkFan16 said:
bewitched said:
LinkFan16 said:
I have problems getting UNEEK+DI to boot. I followed the tutorial very carefully. Compiling went without errors and I also checked if I had placed all the files right, but all I get is a black screen when booting (trying to boot a 4.2 virgin NAND created using Showmiiwads). Also, my disc drive isn't flashing, so I assume all files are there. I'm trying to boot from a 1TB external USB storage, could that be a problem?
Did you format your drive to FAT32 32KB Clusters?

Yes, I did. And also made the partition primary and set it as active. Does the SD Card have to be formatted this way too? Because as far as I remember it's formatted as FAT, not FAT32
No SD can be just FAT16, i've got that here running fine with SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+DI both rev114.
You must have at least 1 game installed in the games folder.

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And uneek_di doesn't like long folder names for games e.g. usb\games\SuperMarioGalaxy\ found this out yesterday sneek_di would boot and show games but uneek_di wouldn't boot

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally got the latest HBC (1.07) working in SNEEK/UNEEK now. No Scam screen
smile.gif

Here's what i did.
A
Installed the latest HBC (1.07) on my Wii.
Made a wad from the HBC with WADCreator_v1.
B
Made a NAND back-up from my Wii with bootmii and copied that to my pc.
Extracted bootmii dump with showmiwads.
C
Deleted the file 4a4f4449.tik (inside folder ticket/010001) from my SNEEK NAND.
Deleted the folder 4a4f4449 (inside the title/010001 folder) with all contents from my SNEEK NAND.
D
Copied the HBC.wad to my pc and viewed it in ShowMiWads.
Changed NAND backup path to my SNEEK NAND.
Extracted (right click on HBC.wad) the HBC to my SNEEK NAND.
E
Copied the af1bf516.tik (inside folder ticket/010001) from my extracted bootmii dump to my SNEEK NAND folder ticket/010001.

Done
yaywii.gif

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Easier way to install HBC v1.0.7

A Install on real nand

B Dump HBC with bluedump(not fakesign version)

C Create virgin nand with showmiiwads (include IOS61)

D Install dumped HBC wad with showmiiwads

create most of my nands this way and have never had a scam screen with HBC v1.0.7 and I use the same HBC wad for every nand

BlackVivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:

A Install on real nand

B Dump HBC with bluedump(not fakesign version)

C Create virgin nand with showmiiwads (include IOS61)

D Install dumped HBC wad with showmiiwads

create most of my nands this way and have never had a scam screen with HBC v1.0.7 and I use the same HBC wad for every nand
Showmiiwads tries to create a WAD with the Channel ID, which is some fucked up letters on hbc 1.0.7. They can't be used for files in windows, so this doesnt work for me.

longtom1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't say use showmiiwads to create the wad file of HBC you use bluedump from the HBC on your wii and it doesn't use the Channel ID to name the wad file it creates.

The name it creates for the wad is 00010001-af1bf516.wad I opened up the wad and the Channel ID in showmiiwads for the wad file is ¯õ

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BlackVivi said:
longtom1 said:
Showmiiwads tries to create a WAD with the Channel ID, which is some fucked up letters on hbc 1.0.7. They can't be used for files in windows, so this doesnt work for me.
That's why i used the workaround i posted earlier
smile.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am now getting 2 short flashes when trying to create a 4.2 Virgin Nand from Scratch.

How do I solve the TMD of the IOS the current title uses is missing problem? Not really sure how to even translate that.

edit: agrrr SNEEK, I'll get you!!

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
I am now getting 2 short flashes when trying to create a 4.2 Virgin Nand from Scratch.

How do I solve the TMD of the IOS the current title uses is missing problem? Not really sure how to even translate that.

edit: agrrr SNEEK, I'll get you!!

it means exactly what it says, i.e. you try to load 4.3E which uses IOS80, if you now get two blinks it means that the IOS80 TMD is missing.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The latest self-compiled files still give me a black screen and no hard-drive flashing. My trick with the installer still works, though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ndy572brz9kprm

M[u said:
ddy]
Instructions:
-start Installer
-for "SNEEK files" select the folder "...\SNEEK Installer with r114 files\Sneek files"
-for "IOS files" select the folder "...\SNEEK Installer with r114 files\IOS files"
-let the Installer download the IOS files (DON'T DOWNLOAD THE SNEEK FILES)
-proceed as you'd normally do
-after installing rename boot2.bin to kernel.bin and move all the Sneek files from SD:\ to SD:\Sneek

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bewitched said:
I finally got the latest HBC (1.07) working in SNEEK/UNEEK now. No Scam screen
smile.gif

Here's what i did.
A
Installed the latest HBC (1.07) on my Wii.
Made a wad from the HBC with WADCreator_v1.
B
Made a NAND back-up from my Wii with bootmii and copied that to my pc.
Extracted bootmii dump with showmiwads.
C
Deleted the file 4a4f4449.tik (inside folder ticket/010001) from my SNEEK NAND.
Deleted the folder 4a4f4449 (inside the title/010001 folder) with all contents from my SNEEK NAND.
D
Copied the HBC.wad to my pc and viewed it in ShowMiWads.
Changed NAND backup path to my SNEEK NAND.
Extracted (right click on HBC.wad) the HBC to my SNEEK NAND.
E
Copied the af1bf516.tik (inside folder ticket/010001) from my extracted bootmii dump to my SNEEK NAND folder ticket/010001.

Done
yaywii.gif

Ive been telling people to do it that way basically since the SNEEK2 3.2 days
laugh.gif
It's in the guide.

I'm going canoeing, see you guys in about 5 hours.
smile.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
it means exactly what it says, i.e. you try to load 4.3E which uses IOS80, if you now get two blinks it means that the IOS80 TMD is missing.

In what location is the TMD for IOS80 stored?

M[u said:
ddy]
The latest self-compiled files still give me a black screen and no hard-drive flashing. My trick with the installer still works, though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ndy572brz9kprm

QUOTE(Mddy @ Jul 27 2010, 11:54 PM)
Instructions:
-start Installer
-for "SNEEK files" select the folder "...\SNEEK Installer with r114 files\Sneek files"
-for "IOS files" select the folder "...\SNEEK Installer with r114 files\IOS files"
-let the Installer download the IOS files (DON'T DOWNLOAD THE SNEEK FILES)
-proceed as you'd normally do
-after installing rename boot2.bin to kernel.bin and move all the Sneek files from SD:\ to SD:\Sneek

Will it take a while for it to load? I'm still getting a black screen after 10 minutes. I'm using a nand extraction (not virgin) with Showmiiwads.

I'm only trying to load SNEEK for now (no DI). THe autoinstaller created the bootmii folder with the armboot.created ok and then I renamed the boot2.bin to kernel.bin and placed in the newly created "sneek" folder. Did I miss a step or do it wrong?

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For some people the self compiled files don't work, for others the files created by the installer.
You seam to get better results with your self-compiled files.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Has anybody managed to get Monster Hunter Tri to work with UNEEK DI? For me it just hangs after choosing Start The Game[no high pitched beeping sound like on softmods, though]. The Arena/Gallery work, though. It's so odd.

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twig123 said:
Sketter said:
Ok i can't do it then, and i can't do it now... but at least there's an error indoctrinator.

I haven't been able to get sneeks to work.

When i believe i have fallowed the guild to use a vergin 4.2 When i start the wii, i get 1 blinking light....the missing tmd.bin

I do have a game installed, and the tmd.bin is in there.
Is the game on your USB drive in this structure?
USB:\Games\{GameID}\tmd.bin (along with the rest of the game files)

Ex: for the game Balloon Pop
USB:\Games\RB2E6K\tmd.bin

If no, then it needs to follow that structure.
If yes, then make sure the file system on the USB drive is FAT32 and a max of 32k clusters.

I have confirmed both of these, i even reformatted the drive... still same result. I don't even get to systemmenue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.