Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone tried Wii Party NTSC? I'm consistently getting a disc read error on certain minigames using the latest UNEEK-DI where I don't on configurable loader

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i've got a problem.
uneek+di used to work for me. but since i once chose metroid prime trilogy(it used to work) to play it, it half-freezes whenever uneek+di tries to load a game, whatever i choose. this happened right after i used a virgin nand.

sneek+di still works for me though. and uneek without di works too.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use TortoiseSVN, you could easily specify the revision number that you want, see the picture as
an example for checking-out revision 63 into directory C:\projects\wii\sneekoldrelease.

And r124 just released with the following change log:

CODEDI:
-updated FATLib to fix an error which happens when a folder and a file
have the same name until the dot.(Wii Party, maybe other games too)
ES:
-removed code which can cause a crash

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply conanac

I use subversion. It is a commandline svn. i use this to get the latest rev of sneek:

svn checkout http://sneek.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sneek

i was hoping that you may know how i write it to get a lower revision. I have tried many things and just cant get it to download anything but the latest rev.

thanks again.

thevulkan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how you can rename the games, once they're extracted for Sneek? So once you press "1" to bring up the menu you don't get retarded names?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think those are the internally generated names. Sneek won't access WiiTDB for nice titles, so you're stuck with the actual data on the disk. You'd have to hack the disk image, and even if you can do that it's not worth it.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen a video for a modified USB Loader GX that acts as a frontend for SNEEK's USB loading. Does anyone know if that's still being maintained, or where to get it? Is anyone still making some sort of prettier frontend?

I'm finding it difficult for other people to use my Wii -- they don't respond well to SNEEK's game list.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
I think those are the internally generated names. Sneek won't access WiiTDB for nice titles, so you're stuck with the actual data on the disk. You'd have to hack the disk image, and even if you can do that it's not worth it.

Um... The name is stored as plain text in boot.bin

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
I've seen a video for a modified USB Loader GX that acts as a frontend for SNEEK's USB loading. Does anyone know if that's still being maintained, or where to get it? Is anyone still making some sort of prettier frontend?

I'm finding it difficult for other people to use my Wii -- they don't respond well to SNEEK's game list.
I can answer this question.....

short of reading this thread starting here: http://gbatemp.net/t217092-unoffical-usblo...p;#entry2710847

and figuring out how to edit source code, compile, and email pune (look towards the end of the thread)......you are out of luck currently. the compiled files aren't allowed due to the contents containing ninty code. the project has been given the name "puneek"
Here's hoping a party will release an easier solution as the work done is brilliant, credit to both giantpune and crediar and others i'm ignorant off.
if you do figure it out, would you write a nice guide? please? i fought w/ this same question for quite some time, till I accepted the above.

edit:: a google search would help too, making it easier than I once thought.

thevulkan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
moosehunter said:
Hooya said:

Any attempt I made to change it met with disaster. Any programs you know of that will safely edit this file?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thevulkan said:
moosehunter said:
Hooya said:

Any attempt I made to change it met with disaster. Any programs you know of that will safely edit this file?

I use Notepad++'s hex editor plugin to edit diconfig.bin and that does the trick nicely for me, though any time I make a change in my games list I have to redo it

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thevulkan said:
moosehunter said:
Hooya said:

It's a fixed length field by the look of it, if you use a text editor you'll change the length and screw things up. Use a hex editor or something like that that will let you overwrite it without changing the length.

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SNEEK updated to r127.

-Enabled screen shot feature, press B+2 on first wiimote and it will create a RAW capture of the frame buffer (See tool on google code for converting to .bmp)

Anyone tried this yet ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: