1. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    VERY helpful information to me. Thanks dancemonkey

How long should it take to create the other folders? I've been setting a timer and waiting 5 minutes or so for SNEEK from SD card to load but it just hangs at a black screen.

When I finally power the Wii down and check the contents of the SD card on my PC. I notice the folders have been created but they are empty.

2. mayhem366

mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

At the instruction, boot your wii...i Assume this is for those people that have bootmii installed as boot2 as just booting will not run Sneek straight away i assume.
    For those of us that have only got bootmii as in IOS we load it through priiloader or the HBC is my assumption but have not got it to work so far,
    I could not get the original sneek to work either and that was put down to it being a new wii, has anyone got sneek or uneek working on a post-christmas wii (black one).

3. OverjoY

OverjoY GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    When using a virgin NAND from NUSD the first time you boot up sneek can take a long time even up to 10 minutes.

4. mugotu

mugotu GBAtemp Fan

United States

I had sneek and uneek working on an lu72 wii (d3-2 full 4.2u online update). So this works with all wii's as far as i'm concerned.

5. ChokeD

OP ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    I just through that in there as a link to the svn checkout. I thought about taking that out of the top, but I figured that somebody may use it they may not. Some people might want to try to compile the puneek or try to mess with it to figure it out for themselves with what was given to them in that thread. This might make it a little easier to compile considering it's the same environment.

6. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok, I've got Uneek running a freshly updated 4.2 USB NAND. Took me a while but I figured out my SD card and USB Drive (apparently neither of them are compatible) were faulty AND/OR the VGA to Wii monitor adapter I was using was the culprit. I now have a tested and working combination of storage drives to use with SNEEK and UNEEK.

How do I install HBC on 4.2 uNeek nand, is it possible?

am I supposed to use IOS30 v2816 with for a virgin 3.2 system? I noticed there are also versions 2576,1040,1039 and 1037 to choose from.

edit: got 3.2 working with v1040, hopefully that helps others. I still can't get HBC working though. I unpacked the HBCI to my nand but when I run the channel in SNEEK, it just takes me back the system menu.

7. mayhem366

mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

And this was with Bootmii as an IOS rather than as Boot2.
    If so, you had to boot to HBC first and then load Bootmii am i correct?

Also, are the other bootmii files not required? (PPCBoot.elf and the settings file)
    EDIT: Never mind. Got Sneek working, just not Sneek_DI for some reason...

8. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Thanks for the reply ChokeD, I was worried my Q would be burried.

People just need to be patient for puneek, I'm sure it will be simplified through time.

9. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm at this step now but I'm not sure how to install it. Do I just run the channel? Do I also need the hackmii installer boot.elf somewhere else? I have in 4 locations: : usb:/boot.elf, usb:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf, sd:/boot.elf, sd:/apps/hackmii_installer_v0.6/boot.elf

yet When I try to run the Homebrew Sneek channel, it continually throws me back the system menu time and time again.

10. diddy81

diddy81 Wii Theme Team

i only put the hackmii elf in USB root and installed it on a virgin 3.2 nand then updated

if you don't what to start fresh i would try changing the installer wad to IOS70 as you are on 4.2 which uses IOS70

but I'm not 100% certain that it will work

11. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Well, I finally got it to work. I had to run the HBCI installer with SD Sneek NAND along with hackmii elf on root of USB. I don't know if this is possible with with Uneek ? Oh well, I'm happy. Took a lot of trial and error.

Thanks for the help Diddy

12. ChokeD

United States
    Congats bro, I wish I could have been more "on hands help" for ya.

By the way everyone, I'm celebrating my birthday to day, "it's the 11th" and I'm drinkin Johnnie Walker Black Label with some buds. WAY to tanked to post useful comments at the moment.

I love you guys [​IMG]
    ChokeD

13. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Happy Birthday!!

Hehe, your guide was what sent me on this whole bonanza. I appreciate you taking the time to break it all down for a noob like me. It was simplified enough to get me interested.

Do any apps work with SNEEK?

14. ChokeD

United States
    thanks bro, not off the sd as it's disabled by default in sneek at the moment

15. DGenerateKane

DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

United States
    devkitproupdater keeps bitching that my internet drops out or I'm not permitted.

16. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    congrats on getting it to work! can you please give me the details of your HBC installation?
    Were you running SNEEK with DI or without DI?
    Did you download the wad from the first page? Did you modify it?
    What version is the system menu? What IOS version number do you have on SNEEK NAND?

I'm still struggling to get HBC installed, every time I click the HBC channel wad it just reboots back to system menu..... so any details might be helpful. thanks

17. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

the easiest way to get HBC with SNEEK i find is to

1. install HBC 1.0.6 with the hackmii installer to your Wii's NAND(with IOS61 if possible) if not already installed
    2. use Simple FS Dumper 0.42 to dump the entire NAND to SD using IOS249
    3. pop the SD into a reader on the PC and use showmiiwads to delete any unneeded channels and content e.g Weather, News, Photo, Mii and Shop channels along with custom installed channels/forwarders, this will boots the time SNEEK will load
    4. pop the SD back into the Wii and load up SNEEK, oce loaded use the System Update option in the Wii Settings to update to 4.2(for di)
    5. once done you'll have a working SNEEK with HBC(JODI) on your 4.2 emu NAND

ive performed these steps myself due to my emu NAND getting corrupted when switching from game to game using an older rev of SNEEK DI

hope this help people out

18. ChokeD

United States
    if this helps someone and proves to be good I'll add it to the guide. Thanks pep.

19. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    however that method involves using the old NAND, I think some people would be more interested in working with a NAND built from scratch...

20. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Or you could just use WAD-Creator_v1 extract HBC 1.0.6 from your Wii and install it with Showmii wads take note of the ios and install it. Thats all i done and it works, no cryptic methods bang bang 6 minutes all done

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SNEEK+DI, quick, guide