1. ChokeD

OP ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    starting from scratch today cause something corrupted my NAND and I didn't have a backup, but glad to here your making progress.

2. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States

3. drmarvin

drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    So I don't know if this is an issue about installing HBC using the IOS30 installer, but what version of IOS30 is everyone using? I think I have tried v1037, 1040, and whatever the latest one is.

Still no luck. This is the thing that is killing me, since I did a dump of my own NAND, and it freezes on boot. I thought that it was because of prilloader, but when I removed that, it just froze after pressing A at the Health Warning screen.

Man, I'm getting annoyed with this. It has so much potential, only my Wii doesn't want to live up to that potential.

Thanks for the help

4. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I couldn't get the IOS30 installer to work on sneek with 3.2u or 4.2u, I think I tried it on v1040 and the second latest version, it always just rebooted back to main menu, so in the end I just gave up on that installer. I then extracted HBC from real NAND and installed the wad to sneek NAND, and that worked.

anyway, I now have a new problem: I'd like to customize HBC on sneek.
    Since I saw that banner in the IOS30 installer, I want to swap that into the official HBC on my sneek NAND, because I like the red waves better.
    I've tried swapping "00000000.app" directly from NAND, but that gave me an upside down HBC.
    I've tried swapping "00000000.app" in the extracted wad files, then repacking to wad, and then installed with showmiiwads to NAND, but the scam screen appears every time.

How do people change the official HBC banner and icon?

5. drmarvin

drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    My issue with the extracted HBC installed on the NAND (which does load) is that it seems to bring up the scam warning like the installer every time, which obviously slows startup. I thought that I could then run the normal hackmii installer through the HBC, but that seems to crash. Any idea how to stop the scam warning from coming up every time?

Also, I have successfully gotten Rock Band 2 to run, but I want to try to download songs. I log into the Music Store, and it tells me I have to open the Wii Shop first, so I do, and the shop gives me the error code 204035. Any idea what that means? Or what I can do about it?

Thanks

6. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Thanks ChokeD [​IMG]

7. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
  8. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    do you happen to know which part of the tmd you can change to cheat hbc into thinking a modified "00000000.app" is the original?

9. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Fast question, this DI module. I try to understand what it do. Because I want to aim for Uneek and it seems like its not needed for Uneek.
    Or I am on really deep water?

10. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

try Pune's mod, it allows UNEEK, DI plus SD access

11. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    will do, thank you.

12. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't know exactly what you're trying to accomplish, but the sha-1 hash value of the 0.app is located at 0x1F4 in the TMD. This value should match the actual sha-1 of the 0.app file.

I don't think that this is the only thing you would need to do to make a modified 0.app file work.

???

13. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Hi @pepxl, would you mind directing where the link of Pune's mod is. thanks

14. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217...t&p=2710847

15. blueowl0708

blueowl0708 Member
    Newcomer

Thanks for this guide! Most excellent.

I have now sucessfully compiled and ran SNEEK via SD.

I'm having some trouble with UNEEK though, I get the same problem as many do here, in that a known working nand dump fails to even initialize the video when booting via USB.

Having read through a chunk of the other thread, it sounds like you need to use IOS 70 files to compile for UNEEK, but this guide uses bits of IOS 60 & IOS 70 - could this be the problem? I have compiled a new version but the TV in my front room is in use so I won't be able to test until tomorrow.

Has anyone gotten UNEEK to work using this guide? (the focus of most seems to be on SNEEK + DI... I just want to boot Rock Band with DLC on the SNEEK nand, don't care about DI)

16. mrray2012

mrray2012 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Question. I got Sneek-Di working, but when ran all I get is a black screen. What's up with that? I looked at the Sneek-di FAQ but it really didn't help.

17. diddy81

diddy81 Wii Theme Team

what IOS does the HBC use on 4.2??

18. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [​IMG]
    Generally speaking it uses IOS61, however the HackMii installer selects the most appropriate IOS at the time of installation.

19. apoptygma

apoptygma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I'm really having trouble getting Sneek v2 loading on my Wii, been a couple of days of messing around and reading these threads for help but I can't get past the point of having the Wii show a black screen and the DVD-light blinking intermittently.

I've gotten this far:

SVN downloaded
    devkitProUpdater installed (1.5.0)
    devkitPPC R19 libogc-07-01-10.zip extracted to the \devkitPro\devkitPPC folder
    Deleted c:\devkitpro\devkitarm
    replaced with devkitarm-r24
    IOS70-v6687 0000000e.app and IOS60-v6174 00000001.app files downloaded using NUS Downloader and the key.bin file to decrypt
    boot2_di.bin, boot2_sd.bin, boot2_usb.bin and di.bin complied with build_boot2.cmd
    boot2_di.bin renamed to di.bin and placed in the root of the SD card
    font.bin copied to SD root
    hackmii on the SD as per normal, with armboot.bin overwritten with the Sneek version from the google code downloads page
    System menu 4.2E and IOS 70 both downloaded with NUSD and packed as wads, decrypted - dragged into showmiiwads to create a scratch NAND and then those files from the scratch NAND folder moved to the SD
    setting.txt from a previous NAND dump of my normal 4.2E NAND moved to SD:/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt

Am I supposed to create (emtpy) folders for other NAND components such as temp or shared2 or will the Wii do that for me?
    Do I leave the original boot.elf from hackmii/bootmii in the root of the SD card?
    I'm using bootmii as IOS (unable to install as boot2 on newer Wii) should I launch Sneek from HBC or Priiloader (by choosing bootmii on either) or doesn't it matter
    So what have I missed? Why is a blinking blue light all I get? I know it's supposed to take 5 min to assemble the rest of the Sneek NAND but I've left it for ~30 mins and nothing happens.

20. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Make it work as a Sneek first then move on to Sneek+di. Your steps are for Di, which is tricky. Also, those bin file are created after compiling. Blinking sometime is cause by sd.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SNEEK+DI, quick, guide