1. ChokeD

OP ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    NOTED:

I will look in to this and get back with adding it in the guide when I'm not jacked up [​IMG]

2. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Guys,

I'm struggling making a virgin 3.2U.

Here's what I did:
    1. I downloaded the sysmenu for 3.2U and the IOS30 from NUS.
    2. Dump it into a folder called 'Virgin'. There are 4 folders inside.
    3. I goto to my working sneek nand folder and get the setting.txt inside the folder title. Please note my working sneek is 4.1U where my setting.txt is reference.
    4. Place this setting.txt inside the created title/00001/00002/data.
    5. Copy the boot2.bin and bootmii folder from working sneek to the Virgin folder.
    6. Just to be sure I reformatted my SD to FAT32.
    7. Copy all the content of the Virgin folder to the root of my SD.
    8. So my SD contains, boot2.bin,bootmii folder, and the 4 folders created
    9. Load my SD card in the wii. Please note I did not connect anything in the usb.
    9. Turn on then click on hbc launch bootmii (mine is IOS)

Result: The blue disc did not light up once just Blackscreen. I left it slept overnight woke up still black screen.

Am I still missing something? thanks

3. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After you download the necessary WADs from NUSD use ShowMiiWads to install them to an empty folder. Create a folder for your NAND and change the NAND Backup Path in ShowMiiWads to that folder. Then extract the downloaded WADs to NAND.

4. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

After you download the necessary WADs from NUSD use ShowMiiWads to install them to an empty folder.
    ->I downloaded the IOS30 and Systemenu 289 (3.2U) wad. Prior to that I created an empty folder called Virgin

Create a folder for your NAND and change the NAND Backup Path in ShowMiiWads to that folder. Then extract the downloaded WADs to NAND.
    -> I open showmiiwads then goto options change the nand back-up path pointing to the Virgin folder and then goto to the view goto showmiiwads and then control click to choose simultaneously two files namely the IOS30 and Systemmenu289 wads right click install to NAND. After this, it creates the 4 folders and move on to step my step 5 ie copy boot2.bin and bootmii folder and then copy them to my SD.

I don't know I just followed but still no succes in making a virgin 3.2U nand - blackscreen after 15mins.?

Finally, I got a Virgin 3.2U NAND. Here's what I did.
    1. Instead of SNEEK set-up I used UNEEK. Meaning all files created with Showmiiwads (IOS30 and systemenu 289) and in the USB.
    2. Initially I used the IOS30-64-v2816, this did not work.
    3. I used IOS30-64-v1040 wad instead along with systemmenu

After around 8 minute a press to continue with wiimote in the screen so success I got a virgin 3.2U!!!

5. mayhem366

mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

Surely that is a virgin 3.2U...

6. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Yes, 3.2U I've corrected it. thanks

7. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

which doesnt always work for users and sometimes the ticket needs HEX'ing once extracted from the Wii NAND

8. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

OK I was able to install the hbc on virgin 3.2U. And then I updated to 4.2U via system update. After the system update to 4.2U the hbc channel is there and wasn't wipeout. But when I hit it it just turn black. It does not run.
    So I made the hbci into ios70 and also into IOS61 using customizemii run it and I reach the hackmii scam screen but the press 1 to continue doesn't come out I'm stuck here. Any ideas to fix it?

9. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ahh, the MOST important question and possibly the one that will give you most headache. There are 4 to choose from and more than one might work. You can find the answer in my previous post on page 18. [​IMG]

10. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States

I am also at this step. So close...

11. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

I'm stuck at the hackmii screen awaiting for the press 1 to continue button...[​IMG]

12. Fear_the_Tubes

Fear_the_Tubes Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone else have issues with loading the Wii settings menu in SNEEK+DI? I'm currently running rev80 (will compile latest source later today..) and when I attempt to enter the settings menu my Wii freezes. I've waited for up to 5 minutes to see if it would load, I've tried it multiple times hoping it was a temporary problem and it always does the same thing; Black screen.

I'm running system menu 4.2u created from virgin 3.2u, settings file was extracted from a NAND backup created with bootmii from a system menu running 4.2u.

Everything else works fine. I've been playing MPT and CSI:DI from the HDD with no trouble what so ever. All Wiiware is working great.

I can live without the settings menu I just need a way to change the wide screen settings. I set all this up on my old floor model TV but now I have the Wii hooked up to my HDTV in the living room. Is there a tool I can use to edit the settings file on my PC?

Edit: N/M, found what I needed in the first post of this thread, stupid me. -,-

13. xyourmomx

xyourmomx Member
    Newcomer

United States

I don't know if I agree with that. I have SNEEK running on 3 different SD cards with no problems. But it still will not boot on ANY USB drives i've tried and these drives all work with Triiforce without any issues.`

14. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States

You may have it running on different SD cards but can you start with the minimum 4.2 system wad and IOS70 wad (3.2 + IOS30, whatever system you want) and let the Wii create the other folders on each card? That is where I had problems. I went back and doubled checked after I had the process down. I was able to replicate the problem. Could have been a user error still but I'm just sharing my experience, maybe save others some time and headache.

Sneek now runs fine on any media I have tried (2 different USB flash drives and 3 different SD cards, one of them SDHC) it with now that I have the necessary files stored safely on my PC after the Virginizing process on the Wii.

15. mayhem366

mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

Hmm, just got regular Sneek working now with a fresh nand of 4.2E, i tried 3.2E but that failed somehow, just didn't do it. Now i have my original nand dump so i have the HBC already on it and everything up to date.
    I assume from the sub-title of the thread that running USB Loader GX is possible using Sneek by running it from the usb drive, mine loaded and then hung at reloading IOS249, Sneek does not work with cIOS i read somewhere before..is this true?

I also don't understand the loading games, you decrypt them and put them on your (FAT parition on the) hard drive and load it with what though?

16. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thanks for this tip! I decided to give it a shot, and finally I now have homebrew channel working on UNEEK, it can access the internet and the SD card.

for reference, here's what I did:
    create a fresh NAND using nusd to emulate system menu update and pack everything into wads, then install the wads in showmiiwads.
    from the wii obtain setting.txt, and use waninkoko's wad creator to get the HBC wad.
    put setting.txt into fresh NAND, and install HBC wad using showmiiwads.
    compile SNEEK/UNEEK with SD access enabled.
    put the SNEEK (without DI) files in SD card along with new NAND, start up wii, wait wait and wait, then configure, then wait so more.
    once it boots to system menu, safely turn off wii, transfer the new NAND from SD to USB, then place the files for UNEEK on USB and SD.

17. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Have you successful run hbc on system 4.2 sneek? I'd like to know too. thanks

18. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    yeah I used nusd to download 4.2U system menu update and pack to wads, then install.
    I also used wad creator on the wii to get the HBC wad, then install that to fresh NAND with showmiiwads.

19. Nesty

Nesty Member
    Newcomer

Leic7, can you walk thru. So, if I understand it correctly you created a fresh 4.2U virgin nand via guide on page #1.
    And then you extracted the hbc from you real nand using wadcreator v1, - is this correct?

Compile Sneek/Uneek with SD access enabled - which part of the code pls? I think I'm lost. Can you clarify on the steps. I'd like to duplicate. thanks

Leic7, nevermind I followed your step in extracting via wad creator from my real nand on hbc and installed it in my emulated 4.2u nand using showmiiwads.
    Result: It worked! thanks man.

20. Digital1980

Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    HBC works on 4.2 for you now? I'm going to try this! I'll report back with the news.

Edit: It works! Trying various homebrew now

Looks like multi wad manger works, able to unpack wads a least.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SNEEK+DI, quick, guide