Hacking SNEEK and HBC

JDishCorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so heres the thing. Would somebody be kind enough to give me a .wad of the HBC 1.0.7 (maybe the one they use for sneek)? Because i really want to use sneek but HBC 1.0.8 doesnt work on sneek. So yeah. Thanks in advance!

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Technically, it is illegal to distribute a Homebrew Channel WAD. Notice that it says on the BootMii website that the software may not be redistributed...

http://www.bootmii.org/download/

If you want a WAD of version 1.0.7 of the Homebrew Channel, you can download v0.7 of the HackMii Installer and install it to your console. As far as I know, there is no problems with downgrading the Homebrew Channel. After you have done that, go to the "How to install HBC 1.0.7 to SNEEK NAND" portion of the SNEEK+DI guide to see how to extract a WAD file of the Homebrew Channel 1.0.7. A link to the SNEEK+DI guide...

http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the n00b question, but what exactly is the difference between SNEEK and UNEEK and what does the +DI thing do?

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
interesting. i've been wrangling with this for days.......
same exact issue. you don't even want to know the amount of shit I tried.
i've tried lots and lots of ways to try and install HBC under SNEEK, and i just can't get it.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
somedrunkenidiot said:
Sorry for the n00b question, but what exactly is the difference between SNEEK and UNEEK and what does the +DI thing do?

SNEEK loads off SD.
UNEEK loads off USB
SNEEK/UNEEK+DI is pretty much a System Menu with an integrated USB loader... sort of like WODE, except it can't play GB ISO's. It doesn't use a cIOS, but the game's real depended IOS

JDishCorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
g4jek8j54 said:
Technically, it is illegal to distribute a Homebrew Channel WAD. Notice that it says on the BootMii website that the software may not be redistributed...

http://www.bootmii.org/download/

If you want a WAD of version 1.0.7 of the Homebrew Channel, you can download v0.7 of the HackMii Installer and install it to your console. As far as I know, there is no problems with downgrading the Homebrew Channel. After you have done that, go to the "How to install HBC 1.0.7 to SNEEK NAND" portion of the SNEEK+DI guide to see how to extract a WAD file of the Homebrew Channel 1.0.7. A link to the SNEEK+DI guide...

http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide
Sorry i forgot to mention, but i already tried doing what the guide says (using wad creator), but whenever i try to dump HBC 1.0.7 to my sd or usb, it says that it cant mount the drive..

JDishCorp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
Install cIOS249 v17 and try it again with wad creator.
Thanks dude! it worked. but may i ask 2 more questions? What really is the point and usefulness of sneek? And also, does triiforce save the gamesaves on the real nand or on the emulated nand?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
JDishCorp said:
What really is the point and usefulness of sneek?
sneek is a complete nand emulator, you can test some channels and you can install as much as virtual console and wiiware games your sd card or hdd has free space.QUOTE(JDishCorp @ Oct 3 2010, 06:48 PM) And also, does triiforce save the gamesaves on the real nand or on the emulated nand?
Triiforce save everything on the emulated nand.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed 1.0.7 over 1.0.8, dumped it with wad creator, transfered the ticket from my original....and it worked! (This is in regards to getting HBC working on SNEEK SD)

Wonder if there is a way to install HBC on SNEEK, without the above procedure.
Now onto the next problem! cios not installing....21 didn't, but 18 is reported too. I'll try that specific one.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
keine said:
I installed 1.0.7 over 1.0.8, dumped it with wad creator, transfered the ticket from my original....and it worked! (This is in regards to getting HBC working on SNEEK SD)

Now onto the next problem! cios not installing....21 didn't, but 18 is reported too. I'll try that specific one.
Why would you want a cIOS with SNEEK? It's completely useless, since the Loaders/the cIOS won't even work...

If you want a Loader, WBFS/ISO-Files, SNEEK and Homebrew (with AHBPROT), you can also wait until sorgelig releases his Uniiloader again (hopefully, if everything goes well).

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
keine said:

Why would you want a cIOS with SNEEK? It's completely useless, since the Loaders/the cIOS won't even work...

If you want a Loader, WBFS/ISO-Files, SNEEK and Homebrew (with AHBPROT), you can also wait until sorgelig releases his Uniiloader again (hopefully, if everything goes well).

So you are ultimately saying, it can't be done w/ sneek and to wait for uniiloader, correct?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
keine said:
Blue-K said:
keine said:

So you are ultimately saying, it can't be done w/ sneek and to wait for uniiloader, correct?
I'm saying that you can't use AHBPROT in SNEEK, as far as I know, and that a cIOS/Loader won't work, and that it's not stable (imo). I'm also saying that Uniiloader should be able to do that.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think crediar mentioned about SNEEK cannot work with IOS58 (but it could work with the latest HBC as long as it does not use IOS58).

sorgelig -- This is off-topic, I test your UniiLoader 0.97 with HBC and it works great, one thing that fails for me so far is when I try to run Wiiware
(e.g. Happy Hammerin') installed as a channel with cheat codes, I get an error saying the game file is corrupted.
However, if I run it without cheat codes it works wonderfully. I could provide more information if you would like.
Thanks for making this wiibrew application.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
conanac said:
sorgelig -- This is off-topic, I test your UniiLoader 0.97 with HBC and it works great, one thing that fails for me so far is when I try to run Wiiware
(e.g. Happy Hammerin') installed as a channel with cheat codes, I get an error saying the game file is corrupted.
However, if I run it without cheat codes it works wonderfully. I could provide more information if you would like.
Thanks for making this wiibrew application.
I didn't try this wiiware. The error you're getting is not related to Uniiloader directly. If game checks for CRC/HASH then it will detect it has been patched (cheat). Probably, cheat you are using is not complete. It should include anti-check "cheat" as well to avoid this error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2