Gaming SMM2 - Mario's stopping by himself

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

I just got a Switch Lite with Super Mario Maker 2. When I use my left analog stick to play, then mario will occasionally stay still, even though I move my stick to the left or right. He won't move until I move the stick to another direction or to the center. I found out that it will occur on sudden changes of direction (f.e. if Mario walks to the right and I suddenly change the direction to the left). Using the D-Pad will prevent that from happening.

Is this a known bug of SMM2, the Switch, or is there something wrong (hardware-wise) with the left analog stick? I already tried to calibrate the analog stick but to no avail.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
did you try other sidescrolling games if they act the same way?

Hey,

I just got a Switch Lite with Super Mario Maker 2. When I use my left analog stick to play, then mario will occasionally stay still, even though I move my stick to the left or right. He won't move until I move the stick to another direction or to the center. I found out that it will occur on sudden changes of direction (f.e. if Mario walks to the right and I suddenly change the direction to the left). Using the D-Pad will prevent that from happening.

Is this a known bug of SMM2, the Switch, or is there something wrong (hardware-wise) with the left analog stick? I already tried to calibrate the analog stick but to no avail.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id say its the stick. Send it into Nintendo For repair but that will take weeks, Just take it back to the store and trade it for a working one or get your money back and get the one with the removable joycons so you can swap out if joycons if anything happens to one.

Last edited by leerpsp,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a brand new switch lite I've heard some people had to "break in" their stick. Which I think involves doing quite a few circular rotations. Try to mess with the stick motion calibration, that will also let you see what is going on with your stick clearer. If it doesn't clear up then you can either try return to store, or else send to Nintendo to repair and probably be out for a week or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-