Hacking Smash Stack question

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the title really explains it all. I have an old bricked Wii from a while back, and I just got this so-crazy-it-just-might-work idea to unbrick it. However, I need to know if Smash Stack will work on the DVD5 version of Brawl, or only the DVD9 version. thanks
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as the dvd5 is made from the old version of the game from before nintendo fixed the exploit. and you will need a way to boot the burned dvd5 because there is no official version of that.

but if you can autoboot dvd-r, then you can autoboot a HBC forwarder on a disc or wadmanager disc, so there is no real point.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
but if you can autoboot dvd-r, then you can autoboot a HBC forwarder on a disc or wadmanager disc, so there is no real point.
That would only work if his system menu IOS had the trucha bug....

AetherMaster

Aether
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I bricked, I was a noob. It was before preloader and bootmii, and I didn't have 3.2, so I couldn't have starfall. I didn't have twilight hack installed either, so it pretty much became a full brick. I had a modchip in the Wii so it can autoboot burned games just fine. My idea is to make an autoboot Brawl DVD5 (why waste a nice dual layer?) and use it to run Smash Stack. I'll install the latest homebrew channel through the HackMii installer and go to it (Hitting exit takes you there in the installer - my whole idea). I'll run anytitle deleter and remove that bad channel that left me with the brick in the first place.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can boot fakesigned content like DVD5 Brawl, just boot an ATD disc and remove bricked channel, no Brawl needed. Also, NTSC-U Brawl (real discs, not sure about DVD5) does not autoboot well without the recovery menu hacks installed.

After you unbrick it, you can worry about installing HBC and modding it.

@giantpune: When did they fix SmashStack? It's not likely it'll be effective anyway since there are likely LOTS of buggy Brawl discs are out there, but...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert +1