Hacking Smash Bros/Online Play/EUR Release/USA Console

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha was just playing the game online on my gateway but wasn't sure if it was gateway or the actual card for a second. Had to look over to the card port for a second thereby getting my arse kicked.

In short, the MGS header worked and the rom works online. Upload at 53%! Gotta love college internet.

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found it odd because pokemons update works with euro or jap of usa games

Yeah i know what you mean but the thing about the Pokemon game, It was region free. Probably Nintendo's only region free game. It was the same physical game released everywhere i believe, just different packaging.

People in USA could pick Japanese, french, spanish, german as their language, and vice versa.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, some updates work regardless of region, like the Mario Kart one (USA updated worked on Taiwanese version), but there are other cases where updates are simply incompatible.

Yeah i know what you mean but the thing about the Pokemon game, It was region free. Probably Nintendo's only region free game. It was the same physical game released everywhere i believe, just different packaging.

People in USA could pick Japanese, french, spanish, german as their language, and vice versa.

Pokemon is not region free. It is just that it shares the same romfs in every region version of the game. The update partition is what is different between each edition.

Booth3rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i look forward to smashing with you all when its up. pm me a friend code if anyone likes to get whoopings on the regs

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, some updates work regardless of region, like the Mario Kart one (USA updated worked on Taiwanese version), but there are other cases where updates are simply incompatible.

Pokemon is not region free. It is just that it shares the same romfs in every region version of the game. The update partition is what is different between each edition.

Well I stand corrected!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs