Smash Bros - europe - changing headers for online

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chrisssj2, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Im kinda stuck with it. I got my rom and gatewaypatcher but not sure how to inject what code etc.
    Could someone give me a working code to go online please? Doesn't matter if its from a other game

I don't care about getting banned etc.

With
    1. Manufacturer (0x1240)
    45 = SanDisk
    AE = OKI Semiconductor
    C2 = Macronix

Which one u choose for smash bros??

2. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Pilotwings header, chip code C2F80290, manufacturer Macronix mix works for me.

3. LapisLazuli

LapisLazuli Thrills, chills, kills!

May 23, 2009
    United States
    Twoson
    Could you upload the Pilotwings header bin file? Also, could you screenshot the patcher so I'm sure I'm doing it right? :P Sorry, just being careful lols.

4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    Just gonna copy and paste what I've been telling peeps in PMs.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I just took the header from the JP dump and it worked fine.

6. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Never mind folks I took metal gear solid. bin and changed it 2 GB.

Game works flawless online :)

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    ROM headers are a part of the ROM, as such they are considered warez. From what I understand, they cannot be shared on the site, so I removed the link leading to one. Consider this an official warning. ;)

8. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    can someone tell me why we need to change id and stuff. I never did that with injecting. Just put my Skylanders header into any game i want to go online

sorry but i think i have missed something

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    oh, so are they not allowed any more?, from how i understood it they werent actually part of the rom, they where more like chip serials, that gateway inject into the rom......but i suppose they might also fall under the slightly grey line anyway

10. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    uhm.... since when?
    people have been publicly sharing their headers here for a long time already, especially for the sake of sharing .3dz save files

11. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    I've spoke to Foxi about it and he removed it preemptively in case they aren't allowed to be shared. He has messaged the higher ups to see what they say about them and I'm sure they'll get back to us. In the mean time we can't share headers I suppose.

12. jqrn

jqrn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    That is a new one. And even if the are temporarily removed, it makes so no sense at all.

There are still threads here on this forum that has their shared link active.

So removing it in one thread and stating it isnt legal while allowing it in other threads isnt that smart.

if anything to save this mods reputation, he should reverse his decision and activate the links again. This is clear to anyone that this is a mistake.

13. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Headers are nothing but metadata. I can't imagine any way that it can be described as copyrighted material. Things like hashes, file size, chip IDs, etc. are not intellectual property any more than scene release lists with similar descriptive, factual data.

A good prior discussion on this topic:
    http://beta.slashdot.org/story/149206

cearp and gamesquest1 like this.
  14. Dueler

Dueler GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2009
    What do you guys mean by "Change it to 2GB"
    Gateway Patcher isn't allowing me any opportunity to do so.
    Capacity stays at 16GB and wont let me change it :\

Edit: Doesnt matter working anyway. Used Metal Gear Header.

15. Loke

Loke GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    I used 45F80090. Just play with the hex and it'll work eventually. The C9 chip code never worked for any of my games so that was an easy guess. F8 = size, no idea about the 00/02, just that 02 disconnected at character loading. 90 = card 1.

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    PC serials aren't copyrighted material either, but sharing them is still prohibited for obvious reasons. There's a difference between descriptive information and information ripped from the actual product.

17. Chrisssj2
    This message by Chrisssj2 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 1, 2014, Reason: go away.
    Oct 1, 2014
  18. Foxi4
    This message by Foxi4 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Oct 1, 2014, Reason: No longer relevant. :).
    Oct 1, 2014
  19. Chrisssj2
    This message by Chrisssj2 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 1, 2014, Reason: omg why.
    Oct 1, 2014
  20. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    That sounds very punk rock, but here's the thing - laws are laws. It's not a matter of being a coward, it's a matter of avoiding illegal activity. Breaking laws is not a way to change them - if you want laws to change, vote for representatives who share your point of view. Order is preferable to chaos. That's all besides the point and off-topic though, you can make a thread specifically about your views elsewhere.

21. LapisLazuli

LapisLazuli Thrills, chills, kills!

May 23, 2009
    United States
    Twoson
    Did this, but trying to go online just gives me an error saying I need to update?

22. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    its already been covered, the EU version is not playable online if your using a US/JPN console, the game requires a eshop update, which you can only get from the EU eshop, same as why only Japanese console users could play online on the Japanese release

23. Chrisssj2
    This message by Chrisssj2 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 1, 2014, Reason: omg take your tin foil hat and leave pls.
    Oct 1, 2014
  24. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    when you cut through all the "the world should not be this way" it is, and either you go try change it and face the backlash of doing so, or you just go along with the BS "rules/laws" if your truly that upset by it, get a site host every header you can find on it and when you get any cease and desist letter just respond with "its ALL AN ILLUSION"......unfortunately despite the fact that i know its all corrupt BS, and a bunch of random characters really shouldn't be given more of a priority for protection than people, but unfortunately it is, the rich rule and they rule with an iron fist when it comes to protecting their coffers, its always easy to tell others to tell them to go f*** themselves, but when its your own neck on the line it would be a different matter.