ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a pretty simple method to download the game updates after you already have one downloaded. Download funkycia copy your old cia to that folder. run "funkycia2.py %name%.cia -noignore -type ALL" where %name% is the cia name. Enjoy your 1.1.5 update file.
I'm confused when you say "to that folder" and "%name%.cia is the cia name. Could you explain it in a little more detail?

Guihvmxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do I need to do to change character and song names? I edited sound.msbt and the melee one, but nothing changes ingame.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do to change character and song names? I edited sound.msbt and the melee one, but nothing changes ingame.
Melee is only used for result screen names and names of characters in tips and other stuff. Sound.msbt does control the song names. Did you edit it using msbt edition reloaded? Did you save?
Usually the file of Sound.msbt should begin with the names for remix,original and then the names of the song.

Guihvmxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Melee is only used for result screen names and names of characters in tips and other stuff. Sound.msbt does control the song names. Did you edit it using msbt edition reloaded? Did you save?
Usually the file of Sound.msbt should begin with the names for remix,original and then the names of the song.
Yeah, did save and everything, but in the results screen it shows the "default" name, and the music names didn't change either

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image.jpg
image.jpg
Example.
Also did you generate a cache.bin file for saltlysd and have the correct file/folder structure? The folder structure must mimic the original structure so ui/message should be where you put the sound.msbt file.

Last edited by WarioTails358,

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't use cachegen. Do I need to?
If you want the game to run/load faster and only replace the files with the ones you currently have then yes. Your using saltlysd right? If your folder structure is saltlysd/smash then whatever path that is you need to type in command line Windows, cachegen.py (path to smash folder in saltlysd folder) and that's it.

Guihvmxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want the game to run/load faster and only replace the files with the ones you currently have then yes. Your using saltlysd right? If your folder structure is saltlysd/smash then whatever path that is you need to type in command line Windows, cachegen.py (path to smash folder in saltlysd folder) and that's it.
Oh, so I'll try and see what happens then :) thanks.

Guihvmxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried and tried, but sadly, it didn't work. :(

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Guihvmxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used saltysd/smash/data/ui/message/sound.msbt and melee.msbt.
And yes, i used the "secret file", and used this MSBT Editor.
Get rid of the data folder, you don't need it. The path MUST be saltlysd/smash/ui/message/sound.msbt
Since you are setting up the folder structure to be the same as the games. And in smash there's no "data" folder. So that's why your stuff is not loading.
Take out all the folders within the data folder and drag them so they show inside the smash folder. Then delete the data folder then use cachegen.py to make a cache.bin so you can test your stuff faster.

Reactions: BlastXDX

Guihvmxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Get rid of the data folder, you don't need it. The path MUST be saltlysd/smash/ui/message/sound.msbt
Since you are setting up the folder structure to be the same as the games. And in smash there's no "data" folder. So that's why your stuff is not loading.
Take out all the folders within the data folder and drag them so they show inside the smash folder. Then delete the data folder then use cachegen.py to make a cache.bin so you can test your stuff faster.
YES! Thanks man, it worked perfectly now!
P_20160320_144956.jpg
P_20160320_145116.jpg

Last edited by Guihvmxz,

Muncha_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i Was done Extracting my RomFS, i put the DTLS contents in the Dycrypted RomFS folder,like the guide stated, and i when i tried to open my command prompt, it opened, then closed immediately after, What did i do wrong?

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a pretty simple method to download the game updates after you already have one downloaded. Download funkycia copy your old cia to that folder. run "funkycia2.py %name%.cia -noignore -type ALL" where %name% is the cia name. Enjoy your 1.1.5 update file.
Can you elaborate on this? I don't quite understand what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock