ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Used Smash Selector for the saltySD and im running across a problem. A certain model wont load (dumped black haired Kamui onto Marth for a model swap like in Wii U
3DS model swaps arent as stable as Wii U ones, many simply cause the game to crash.
So does anyone have a guide on how to add more costumes, or is it still being researched at the moment?
There isn't a guide, but I've helped many people achieve it. I may write a guide later tonight, not sure.

Reactions: BlastXDX

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So only clone characters (Ness, Lucas etc) would work ?
Not based on clone characters, but some just work and some just don't. Lucas's model over bayonetta works for example and mega mans model over lucas works too, but again, some work and some dont.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So only clone characters (Ness, Lucas etc) would work ?
Im guessing its based more on witch model has to load more resources. So, players with tons of projectiles might not work that well, but captainfalcon should work rather well.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Not based on clone characters, but some just work and some just don't. Lucas's model over bayonetta works for example and mega mans model over lucas works too, but again, some work and some dont.
Wait what. Holy shit i have to try that lmao

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im guessing its based more on witch model has to load more resources. So, players with tons of projectiles might not work that well, but captainfalcon should work rather well.
So what makes Corrin not work with Marth ? They have the same body structure overall. And Corrin only has one projectile

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have specific names for custom costumes or have the announcer saying custom names yet. Like what olimar has

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched to Luma and from my understanding I create a new folder in the luma folder called code_selections and just drop in the saltysd code.bin there right? Where do I download the recent code.bin tough?

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something to do with an "append" folder. That's how you use custom CSPs anyway.(ui\replace\append) Don't put them in the chr folder, put them next to it.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha just learned how to use GIMP. Here's my treat to you guys: a Super Metroid Style Samus! (NOTE: This is a model edit. You NEED the .mbn file for it to work. I used the blue two-piece textures as a base, and put it over the orange two-piece.)
HNI_0016.JPG
HNI_0017.JPG
HNI_0018.JPG

Attachments

• Super Metroid Style Zero Suit Samus.zip
    235.2 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Manito

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm... kinda..? Basically I imported the textures from her blue bikini alt, colored them black, and replaced the textures of her orange bikini costume with the ones I colored black. But her face freaks out(just unpleasant texture mapping) unless I have the .mbn included in the coX and hoX folder, so that's why I say "kinda".

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ummm... kinda..? Basically I imported the textures from her blue bikini alt, colored them black, and replaced the textures of her orange bikini costume with the ones I colored black. But her face freaks out(just unpleasant texture mapping) unless I have the .mbn included in the coX and hoX folder, so that's why I say "kinda".
ah ok

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download and try it out! if you take out the .mbn files, her body textures are all mapped wrong, like when viewing a model in Ohana Rebirth. But if it's included, it looks great! Almost like an official alt! :ha:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm making Flying Mario right now, if you want more mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The old joke that Osama bombed Washington instead of DC