Smallest motherboard available?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Harsky, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Today I found a Gamecube console that my relative gave to me from years ago which I never used because I already have one. A few days ago, I thought about modding it to try and turn it into an HTPC but here are my questions.

After opening and removing the internals, I'm left with a space that's a little over 12cm x 12cm so that rules out all the Mini ITX motherboard because they're 17cm x 17cm. I also thought about a Raspberry PI but that's not something I would like to use.

My other thought is just gutting a cheap Android box and throwing it inside the case but I'm open to other suggestions.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
  3. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Yeah, the Picocube was the one that sparked my imagination! Unfortunately the Pico and Nano itx boards seem to be uncommon and I can't find them anywhere. After much searching, I discovered something that could fit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-BOXDC...UTF8&qid=1387728528&sr=8-1&keywords=intel+nuc

4. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Smallest motherboard?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Well, there are smaller, but the point is still there.

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Unfortunately the Raspberry Pi is based on an ARM processor. The OP mentions that the Pi is not his thing anyways. ;)

I suggest browsing a bit and getting either a Pico or a Nano ITX board - they're uncommon in stores, but ordering one online shouldn't be a problem.