Small questions about Sakura

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by nicklessguy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. nicklessguy
    OP

nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2006
    Brazil
    Got got my M3, have been using Triple Loader's Sakura and im amazed with this firmware, it looks gorgeous and is pretty fast, responsive and useful.

Got a few questions:

1) Is there any way to turn off that screen saver or at least raise the time it takes to kick in?

2) Is there some config file i could edit, or anything, with deeper options? Looked for it, but didnt find anything obvious.

3) Is it possible to change some config to enable soft-reset by default for all games? I really dislike having to config it manually for each rom, and i dislike even more the extra .OPT file it creates for each, just because of it.

4) Can i lock the R and L buttons (like possible in moonshell)? This blocks me from having DS in my pocket for MP3 listening, as the buttons screws things.

Thanks in advance =)

2. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands

3. nicklessguy
    OP

Sep 15, 2006
    Brazil
    Thanks thedice!

Now i would like to know what can i remove from the Triple Loader Sakura Pack, for space saving purposes.

- Cheat Database?
    - Other language files?
    - Is there anything else that isn't needed for the system?
    - Why the system folder got a few files mentioning Acekard and his options on them? It's a mistake, i guess?

4. thedicemaster

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands

5. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    I think those files are in the Japanese release too, so this theory can be ruled out.

6. nicklessguy
    OP

Sep 15, 2006
    Brazil
    Yeah, but i never ever use these, so it bothers me that they are there taking space, even if just 7 or so mb.
    I guess im spoiled by R4 system that was like 2mb or so [​IMG]
    I will just try and see, then.

Anyway, thanks for all [​IMG]

7. thedicemaster

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    7mb?
    probably more like 1MB max for all language files and the cheat database.

8. Cheater388

Cheater388 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Dude, if you you are a space freak or are in dire need of space going through the system files will be a waste. Try trimming your roms! Sakura works perfectly with trimmed DS roms and I've never had a problem (even while hosting download play). The one trimming problem was with GBA games, for which games like "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories" can freeze and play data (this sounds annoying) after loading a real time save.

9. nicklessguy
    OP

Sep 15, 2006
    Brazil
    Well, the extra language files in System folder sums up 4,25mb here, and the 3 cheat files i found (cheat.db, cheats.dat, cheats.xml) makes almost 9mb and the itouch's cheat db got 5mb.

I think i will remove Itouch's firm as well... Is there anything that Sakura and Real cannot boot, that Itouch can?

yeah i have aways trimmed all my roms since i begun using flashcards at all, but thanx for the tip anyway [​IMG]