Hacking Small questions about Sakura

nicklessguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got got my M3, have been using Triple Loader's Sakura and im amazed with this firmware, it looks gorgeous and is pretty fast, responsive and useful.

Got a few questions:

1) Is there any way to turn off that screen saver or at least raise the time it takes to kick in?

2) Is there some config file i could edit, or anything, with deeper options? Looked for it, but didnt find anything obvious.

3) Is it possible to change some config to enable soft-reset by default for all games? I really dislike having to config it manually for each rom, and i dislike even more the extra .OPT file it creates for each, just because of it.

4) Can i lock the R and L buttons (like possible in moonshell)? This blocks me from having DS in my pocket for MP3 listening, as the buttons screws things.

Thanks in advance =)

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nicklessguy said:
Got got my M3, have been using Triple Loader's Sakura and im amazed with this firmware, it looks gorgeous and is pretty fast, responsive and useful.

Got a few questions:

1) Is there any way to turn off that screen saver or at least raise the time it takes to kick in?
no
2) Is there some config file i could edit, or anything, with deeper options? Looked for it, but didnt find anything obvious.
maybe if you can decipher it, otherwise you're stuck with the 2 or 3 option screens
3) Is it possible to change some config to enable soft-reset by default for all games? I really dislike having to config it manually for each rom, and i dislike even more the extra .OPT file it creates for each, just because of it.
no, maybe in the future.
4) Can i lock the R and L buttons (like possible in moonshell)? This blocks me from having DS in my pocket for MP3 listening, as the buttons screws things.
no, best you can do is get a bigger pocket or rotate the ds so the buttons have more space(works for me)
Thanks in advance =)

nicklessguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks thedice!

Now i would like to know what can i remove from the Triple Loader Sakura Pack, for space saving purposes.

- Cheat Database?
- Other language files?
- Is there anything else that isn't needed for the system?
- Why the system folder got a few files mentioning Acekard and his options on them? It's a mistake, i guess?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nicklessguy said:
Thanks thedice!

Now i would like to know what can i remove from the Triple Loader Sakura Pack, for space saving purposes.

- Cheat Database?
so smal it's not worth removing.
- Other language files?
same
- Is there anything else that isn't needed for the system?
you can remove all .skn files except default.skn (these are skins for m3sakura)
- Why the system folder got a few files mentioning Acekard and his options on them? It's a mistake, i guess?
nobody knows.
maybe m3team was ripping off some of their firmware parts, maybe the guy who hacked m3sakura for us/eu m3reals accidentally got it in there.

nicklessguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
- Cheat Database?
- Other language files?
same

Yeah, but i never ever use these, so it bothers me that they are there taking space, even if just 7 or so mb.
I guess im spoiled by R4 system that was like 2mb or so
tongue.gif

I will just try and see, then.

Anyway, thanks for all
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nicklessguy said:
QUOTE said:
- Cheat Database?
- Other language files?
same

Yeah, but i never ever use these, so it bothers me that they are there taking space, even if just 7 or so mb.
I guess im spoiled by R4 system that was like 2mb or so
tongue.gif

I will just try and see, then.

Anyway, thanks for all
smile.gif
7mb?
probably more like 1MB max for all language files and the cheat database.

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, if you you are a space freak or are in dire need of space going through the system files will be a waste. Try trimming your roms! Sakura works perfectly with trimmed DS roms and I've never had a problem (even while hosting download play). The one trimming problem was with GBA games, for which games like "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories" can freeze and play data (this sounds annoying) after loading a real time save.

nicklessguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
7mb?
probably more like 1MB max for all language files and the cheat database.
Well, the extra language files in System folder sums up 4,25mb here, and the 3 cheat files i found (cheat.db, cheats.dat, cheats.xml) makes almost 9mb and the itouch's cheat db got 5mb.

I think i will remove Itouch's firm as well... Is there anything that Sakura and Real cannot boot, that Itouch can?

Cheater388 said:
Dude, if you you are a space freak or are in dire need of space going through the system files will be a waste. Try trimming your roms! Sakura works perfectly with trimmed DS roms and I've never had a problem (even while hosting download play). The one trimming problem was with GBA games, for which games like "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories" can freeze and play data (this sounds annoying) after loading a real time save.
yeah i have aways trimmed all my roms since i begun using flashcards at all, but thanx for the tip anyway
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome