ROM Hack SM64DS Full-Game Multiplayer 1.0 Release!

Skelux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title suggests, I've created a SM64DS mod which makes the entire game multiplayer. The catch here is that it does not use DS wireless communications (since no debugger or emulator exists for these functions) and must be played on a single DS. An explanation of the controls can be seen in the release trailer.

Download

For those interested, I also created SM64 Multiplayer and Paper Mario Multiplayer, both of which can be played online with netplay plugins.

Last edited by Skelux,

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! It's really a shame that wireless is not available, though... (Are there anyone working on investigating ds wireless function, I wonder?)
Anyways, it's undoubtably a great work. Thank you! May I ask you which game are you going to work on next?

Skelux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! It's really a shame that wireless is not available, though... (Are there anyone working on investigating ds wireless function, I wonder?)
Anyways, it's undoubtably a great work. Thank you! May I ask you which game are you going to work on next?
I'm primarily working Super Mario Star World, but If some inspiration comes my way for another multiplayer hack I might make one some time. I also need to focus on getting out updates for various tools and mods I've made so I can eventually drop support for them and reduce my workload.

WooHyun

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm primarily working Super Mario Star World, but If some inspiration comes my way for another multiplayer hack I might make one some time. I also need to focus on getting out updates for various tools and mods I've made so I can eventually drop support for them and reduce my workload.
Nice! That'd be cool.

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I mean why would you come here to say that you don't like it? It's incredible someone's still doing something like this, no one could ever create such a charming hack as this, I mean a single player adventure DS game was modified to fully work as a multiplayer game, DS hacking just couldn't get better than this. I myself can't wait to show this to a friend and try it out.

CrazyMaxx

Stand-User
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As the title suggests, I've created a SM64DS mod which makes the entire game multiplayer. The catch here is that it does not use DS wireless communications (since no debugger or emulator exists for these functions) and must be played on a single DS. An explanation of the controls can be seen in the release trailer.

Download

For those interested, I also created SM64 Multiplayer and Paper Mario Multiplayer, both of which can be played online with netplay plugins.

Is it possible to make a Multiplayer wireless??? For 2 DS Consoles???

Skelux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 1.1 is up, see the downloads page. I also discovered a beta function that may be of use in developing SM64DS Multiplayer further:

Reactions: CuriousTommy

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work Skelux, always a fan of your projects! Oh man, one day we'll eventually get a Mario 64x4 like Nintendo announced like 15 years ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to use high end headphones and speakers JBL back when they made good speakers lol X-Fi Fatality edition sound card on PCI with XP back when Windows had good sound....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject...