Hacking Slow boot to sx os

Luisfontes001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, i have a switch lite with sx lite installed running ofw 11.0.0 and sx os 3.1.0..when it boots everything works ok..but my problem is that to boot it takes almost 2 min and sometimes it goes to black screen after nintendo logo...This is normal?

Reactions: HollowGrams

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have a switch lite with sx lite installed running ofw 11.0.0 and sx os 3.1.0..when it boots everything works ok..but my problem is that to boot it takes almost 2 min and sometimes it goes to black screen after nintendo logo...This is normal?

My switch does this too it seems to goto sleep as soon as it finishes loading because of the long start time. I always thought it was because of the chip and mine is a Mariko switch

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
My Switch doesn't do this and it is a Mariko. Maybe your SD Card reader isn't seated properly? I think I remember this being a problem on unpatched units ages ago, iirc Hekate still has an option to check. If you just unplug the read and plug it back it it should fix it (assuming that is the problem).
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/467

Luisfontes001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks your help, but i think it isnt sd reader problem..if i install nsp its very fast to copying..if its limited to 5 mb/s..it should be slow right? the boot is very slow because it takes almost 1 min for the blue blinking light on the chip to turn green and then show sx logo. My doubt is if its normal to take so much time to turn on the green light..i see many people saying that takes 5 - 10 seconds.. for me its 30 - 1 min...do u think its sth related to chip instalation or faulty chip? i payed someone to install it..im have weld skills

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks your help, but i think it isnt sd reader problem..if i install nsp its very fast to copying..if its limited to 5 mb/s..it should be slow right? the boot is very slow because it takes almost 1 min for the blue blinking light on the chip to turn green and then show sx logo. My doubt is if its normal to take so much time to turn on the green light..i see many people saying that takes 5 - 10 seconds.. for me its 30 - 1 min...do u think its sth related to chip instalation or faulty chip? i payed someone to install it..im have weld skills

Could be bad solder job, yes. But you could try to reflash the chip, i think that would trigger the learning process again, maybe it helps.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would test atmosphere to see if you are having a software or hardware issue.

ChrisOwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm facing the same problem, it can actually take up to even 5 minutes. I don't usually turn off my switch lite because of that, Just sleep mode it instead. A lot of time have passed, did you solved it ?

ChrisOwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How is your SD card formatted?
I'm pretty sure is FAT32 but it is showing as "Generic Hierarchical” ? Never saw this type of file before, strange lol. Anyway, I must be crazy or something, but I found out something interesting, at least, I tried it 2 times and worked the same. If I turn off my switch pressing the power button and then turning it off completely, and afterwards, after 5secs I turn it back on, If I connect the charger, the boot will start in about 30sec. I don't know if the charger is actually doing anything, I usually just let me switch in sleep mode for the sake of convenience, because of the time it took me. But surprisingly, in those 2 times in a row, I even timed the boot, it actually boot between 30 to 40 secs

Edit: I did it again, and took a screenshot of the timer when it booted

Attachments

• imagem_2021-10-21_185501.png
    imagem_2021-10-21_185501.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by ChrisOwl,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure is FAT32 but it is showing as "Generic Hierarchical” ? Never saw this type of file before, strange lol. Anyway, I must be crazy or something, but I found out something interesting, at least, I tried it 2 times and worked the same. If I turn off my switch pressing the power button and then turning it off completely, and afterwards, after 5secs I turn it back on, If I connect the charger, the boot will start in about 30sec. I don't know if the charger is actually doing anything, I usually just let me switch in sleep mode for the sake of convenience, because of the time it took me. But surprisingly, in those 2 times in a row, I even timed the boot, it actually boot between 30 to 40 secs

Edit: I did it again, and took a screenshot of the timer when it booted
You checked to see if the SD card is legitimate or not?

cristrx

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have the same problem with my switch lite mariko. I have the SX OS chip installed. For some time now it takes a long time to start the hekate, maximum 5min, sometimes I do hardreset, but it usually takes 3 to 5min. It's a bit annoying to wait so long, were you able to solve your problem? How did you do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos