Hacking Slot 2 - White screen?

room200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to boot my R4 in NDS mode from Slot2 (no cartridge inserted) I get two white screens. Is this supposed to happen? I also had white screen problems trying to load up Rune Factory a couple of days ago (the game worked perfectly fine for a few days then suddenly refused to load up), but I managed to fix this by copying over the original folder on my SD card.

Is there something wrong with my R4?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I try to boot my R4 in NDS mode from Slot2 (no cartridge inserted) I get two white screens.
Um, you are supposed to have a cartridge inserted.
wtf.gif
>_> Like a slot 2 flash cart maybe? Ya, try those.
wtf.gif

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but that made my day.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I have to access the system features (clock etc.) by loading the DS without the R4 inserted?
Umm, no. Listen, is this your own R4? Or your brother's or someone elses? They can probably help you.

But in short, you need a slot 2 flash cart in your DS. Boot the R4, then select boot from slot 2 to boot your slot 2 flash cart in NDS mode from slot 2. Basically, it acts as a built in noPass but I bet you don't know what that means.

Just leave it alone. Chances are, if you don't now what it does, you won't need it. BTW, how old are you?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When you select the Boot To Slot 2 option, you get like a prompt right? Something that says like, no cartridge inserted, do want to boot to NDS mode or something. Don't hit A.

room200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh right, thanks a lot. It's my own R4. I was worried cause I bought it at a pretty dodgy store a few days ago and the R4 came without a box. The storeowner gave me a big discount so it might be second hand for all I know. Just wanted to check that everything's working right. I'm trying to setup a Wifi connection but I guess I'll look up an FAQ or something.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh right, thanks a lot. It's my own R4. I was worried cause I bought it at a pretty dodgy store a few days ago and the R4 came without a box. The storeowner gave me a big discount so it might be second hand for all I know. Just wanted to check that everything's working right. I'm trying to setup a Wifi connection but I guess I'll look up an FAQ or something.
Ah, I see, as long as it doesn't have a slot 2 reader with it that will make it a N Card clone then it sounds legitimate enough. If you really want to make sure then post pictures of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/hyundai-pauses-x-ads-nazi-content-platform-rcna148414