Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Toni Plutonij said:
NavadeHo said:
It was still in stock when you saw it?
ohmy.gif

What is better: EZ-FLASH IV Lite Deluxe or GBA Deluxe?
Man, I already told you...those are SAME carts....Lite is smaller so it can fit flush in NDS Lite, but functionality is same as GBA sized Deluxe!!
Just FYI, there are no GBA-sized versions of the EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe
lecture.gif

[title:Differences between EZFlash IV models:]
  • "EZFlash IV", also referred to as "EZFlash IV Phat". It is the same size as a GBA cartridge and uses miniSD cards for its main storage. Early on in its life cycle it was mistakenly referred to as the "EZFlash IV Lite miniSD Version" on winsunx.
  • "EZFlash IV Lite", also referred to as "EZFlash IV Lite microSD/TF". It is slightly larger than the size of a Nintendo DSLite dust cover, roughly half the size of a GBA Cart. It fits nearly flush in the GBA slot of your NDS-Lite, and takes microSD/TransFlash cards. It is incompatible with GBA, GBA-SP, GBA Micro and Nintendo DS Phat. It will only fit in a NDS-Lite.
  • "EZFlash IV Compact" This version is the same size as a NDS-Lite dust cover and fits flush with your NDS-Lite. Like the earlier EZFlash IV Lite, it is incompatible with everything except the NDS-Lite. It is slightly smaller than the earlier EZFlash IV Lite, making it fit more flushly with the NDS-Lite, and features a glossy oil coating on the outside of the cartridge that makes it look more alike the NDS-Lite unit. The Compact features less internal memory than previous EZFlash IV versions, making it cheaper and more affordable, and the end result making it able to only play NDS games, and having little to no GBA support.
  • "EZFlash IV Deluxe", This version is the same size as the Compact, taking TransFlash/microSD cards. It is the same shell as the Compact, meaning it also features the glossy oil paint finish as your NDS-Lite dust cover, just like the compact. This version features, however, an increased amount of internal memory, making it ideal for homebrew and continued GBA support. This makes it slightly more costly, however.
  • "EZFlash IV Bundle Pack", Not a separate version, but rather a bundled package of the EZFlash IV Deluxe and the EZPass3 (NoPass) device. It should be noted that this package is the only version of the EZFlash IV not to come with its own USB SD Card Reader, meaning you'll have to buy your own.

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NavadeHo said:
So..Lite and GBA-sized are inferior to Lite Deluxe and Deluxe (GBA-sized)..?

(There are 4 versions, right?)
There are the regular GBA-sized EZ Flash IV, EZ Flash IV Lite, EZ Flash IV Lite Compact and EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe. For more information see my previous post.

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GBA-sized EZ-FLASH IV: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11179 (GBA compat) (Cain of deluxe)
EZ-FLASH IV Lite: Isn't fitting flush and shitty GBA compat.
EZ-FLASH Lite Compact: Fit's flush and shitty GBA compat.
EZ-FLASH IV Lite Deluxe: Fit's flush? and good GBA compat? (http://shop.01media.com/info.asp?ProductID=33276)

Watch the edit ^

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NavadeHo said:
Edit: This is the Deluxe (GBA-sized): http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11179 (?) (Fits flush?)That's the regular EZ Flash IV, there are no deluxe versions of that one.

NavadeHo said:
EZ-FLASH IV Lite: Isn't fitting flush and shitty GBA compat.The EZ FLash IV Lite doesn't have shitty GBA compatibility, it's just the Compact version that has problems running GBA-roms larger than 8MB.

QUOTE(NavadeHo @ Nov 3 2008, 06:17 PM)
EZ-FLASH IV Lite Deluxe: Fit's flush? and good GBA compat?
The EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe almost fits perfectly in my DSL, it only sticks out by approximately 1mm and as for GBA compatibility it's the best of the EZ flash IV models.

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So..

The two best for GBA ROMs are: GBA-sized and Lite Deluxe (that sticks out 1mm)

And Lite and Compact are designed for NDS ROMs and not for GBA ROMs?

Overall: GBA-sized and Lite Deluxe are the best? (Of the EZ-FLASH IV)
[*]M3 Lite Perfect[*]EZ-FLASH IV Deluxe/GBA-sizedAnd the PowerStar II and other older things can't be find these days..?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NavadeHo said:
So..

The two best for GBA ROMs are: GBA-sized and Lite Deluxe (that sticks out 1mm)

And Lite and Compact are designed for NDS ROMs and not for GBA ROMs?

Overall: GBA-sized and Lite Deluxe are the best? (Of the EZ-FLASH IV)
The EZ Flash IV Lite is designed for both NDS and GBA roms but doesn't fit perfectly into a DSL. It might also be very hard to find, but otherewise you're completely right.

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For GBA: EZ-FLASH IV owns.

For Lite: EZ-FLASH IV Lite Deluxe owns.

..K, that was all I needed to know.

Thanks~!! (Especial "Toni Plutonij")

Edit: The EZ-FLASH IV GBA-sized is only available in white/transparent?

Edit2: There are none slot-2 cards that are compatible with SDHC, right?

Edit3: Where can I find DS Phat screenprotectors? (Good ones)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NavadeHo said:
Edit: The EZ-FLASH IV GBA-sized is only available in white/transparent?

Edit2: There are none slot-2 cards that are compatible with SDHC, right?

Edit3: Where can I find DS Phat screenprotectors? (Good ones)
1. Yes
2. I think some of the M3 slot 2 flashcarts supports SDHC, but only for media.
3. I don't know, I only have a DSL.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
just to give you a heads up on things the EZ4 line is not in production anymore. If you can't find a vendor that still has one you will have to consider another option. sorry to be a bringer of some bad news.

Listed with the rest of the not in production list:
http://www.ezflash.cn/products2.htm

Nathan-NL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, Toni!!

I had almost bought it for €74,00 exclusive shipment costs..(By SHOP.01MEDIA.com)

Edit: When I try to order it, it says my cart is empty and I can't it on the webshop anywhere..
Is it possible to find and do you now any places?

---

The EZ-FLASH IV Lite Compact is just the Lite Deluxe without the GBA compat and what more..?

Difference between Lite and Lite Deluxe, only size?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have no idea why it is saying that your cart is empty (try e-mailing the owner of the site)..I never ordered from them, so I'm not that sure..

I've searched a bit around, but couldn't find any other place that still has them in stock..

From what I know, only difference in Compact and Deluxe is GBA compatibility..nothing else!
QUOTE said:
"EZFlash IV Deluxe", This version is the same as the Compact. This version features, however, an increased amount of internal memory, making it ideal for homebrew and continued GBA support.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NavadeHo said:
Well..I think it is impossible to find at this point..
Shop.01media.com is where I got mine from. They're a very good company and are very fast at shipping (I usually get my orders in one day), but they're quite expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo