Slightly confused about 3DS flashcart

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by stewartie4, Jul 4, 2014.

1. stewartie4
    OP

stewartie4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2014
    Hi I'm sorry about posting this thread, I know it has been asked before and I have searched but a lot of the threads were posted over a year ago and I'm hoping that things have moved on a bit as a lot of the info out there seems out of date.

I would like to know if there is a flashcart out there that can play a lot of 3DS roms on a single SD card. So far I have seen the gateway which only allows 1 game per sd card and the r4i which I don't think pays 3ds roms.

Can anyone help me?

thanks!

2. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    Gateway supports multi-rom now. That means you can drag and drop all your roms onto a FAT32 SD CARD.

But you need a 3DS on version 4.5.

3. stewartie4
    OP

stewartie4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2014
    Thanks for the reply, I am on 7.1.0-14E so that won't do :( I just heard of an MT card there. would that do the trick? what about r4i?

4. ZEROzxCROSS

ZEROzxCROSS Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2011
    United States
    No, you still need to be on 4.5 for MT card to work. Same for the rest of the clones.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    All other cards are gateway copies, so there is no 3ds flashcard that works on anything above 4.5

6. stewartie4
    OP

stewartie4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2014
    oh no that is so disappointing! will this likely change in the future?
    thanks for the help :(

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Only people who could say would be scene devs like smealum or the gateway devs, usually gateway tease any stuff they have in the pipeline and smealums 7.x exploit is apparently limited to homebrew....thus no rom loading

8. stewartie4
    OP

stewartie4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2014
    I see. I'm gutted as I just bought the 3DS today! no worries though thanks for the help guys!

9. stewartie4
    OP

stewartie4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2014
    I just thought I would just update this thread and ask another question. I am selling my 3ds (that I bought yesterday!!!!) and have already bought another one on fw 3.0 . Does anyone know a cheap way to update to 4.1-4.5? I found the game list but they are all rather pricey, does anyone know of a cheap game that has the 4.* update?
    I have also bought a gateway card from http://www.eachmall.me/ can anyone vouch for this site (i'm slightly nervous buying from china)
    Thanks guys!

10. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

http://www.thegamecollection.net/project-x-zone-3ds.html

Its the last copy thou so u gotta hurry.
    And it seems the game is 4.4E firmware.

11. Mylink5

Mylink5 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2010
    Greece
    Greece,Thessaloniki
    As far asI know, you need exactly 4.5 to use Gateway...

12. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    nope, just 4.1-4.5

13. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    I used a 30 day free trial for Gamefly (an online game rental service in the US) to rent a 4.5 game. I used Pong20302000's site http://3ds.essh.co/ to find which games have the 4.5 update (in my case, I rented Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D). Once I got the game, I updated, returned the game and cancelled the subscription so I wouldn't get charged. Not sure if there's a similar service in the UK, but it's worth a look if you don't mind waiting a few days.

14. stewartie4
    OP

stewartie4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2014
    Thanks for the help everyone. It's ironic. I used to live beside a game rental store, I used to be bombarded with ads on TV for game rentals, and when I finally need such a service? they've all closed down! lol . I bought professor layton and the miracle mask for £12 on ebay which should do the trick. Just waiting on my gateway from eachmall now :$

IronClouds likes this.