SLG3000

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Why would you even want this? Just hook up the system to a CRT computer monitor.

Because emulated games do not add scanlines automatically including many virtual console
games that did have scanlines on the original console but not on the re-release.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, I still have fully functional CRTs I use, most of the TVs I have are CRTs.

ninja.gif

CATHODE RAY TUBE

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For $70 you could probably just go buy a CRT at a 2nd hand shop. And then you wouldn't need to buy a VGA converter.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
my biggest concern would be whether the devices introduces any display log while introducing the scanlines to the signal

D

Deleted_11405

i think it could be double post of older news. when gbatemp started i guess (when the first flastscreen where out and they talked about hdtv) for most part he could made the theory as almost complete from the time they knew how and whats made the difference and so it's back the old news, but now for more people who might have interests in it

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zorua said:
Its useless IMO. Why would someone want to spend 70$ to downgrade their picture quality? It might be nostalgic and all but it's pretty useless.....

You obviously don't get the use of this.
It actually UPGRADES LOW RES images of older games in combination with an flat panel.
They are then displayed the way they were meant to be. No more need for anti aliasing, and no more ghosting of images.
No flat pixels anyomore. You'get Hi def out of this in combination with older systems/ games on your flat panel.
THERE is NO other way.( Besides buying a GOOD CRT monitor. That support LOW res input. )

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Randamin said:
Fishaman P said:
Why would you even want this? Just hook up the system to a CRT computer monitor.

Because emulated games do not add scanlines automatically including many virtual console
games that did have scanlines on the original console but not on the re-release.

Scanlines do not come from the actual games.
They come fom the CRT monitor. Acctually it's a mechanic flaw....
But a good one.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
Folks, this is not just for "retro consoles". You use this for ANY low res input - that includes the Wii. I use it for the wii with the RGB cable and it looks fantastic! Far better than the component cable. No use for the likes of the PS3 or XBOX360 with full HDMI input but for everything else it's essential in my opinion..

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
An interesting piece of hardware, but not worth $70 imo.

To those saying it makes the games look worse, it's because you're so used to being up close to your large TVs/monitors. Up close, it doesn't look any better without it because the resolution is low as it is and you can distinctly see the scanlines, but if you move away from your TV/monitor, the scanline effect actually helps.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE(Fishaman P @ Apr 16 2011, 09:33 AM)

Lol, scanlines were''nt part of the programming!
Scanlines were produced by the monitors tv's.

All games of yesteryears are interlaced to work with this principal.
NO VC game comes in P format. ONLY i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls