Sleep/Hibernation mode Problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Edwii, Feb 24, 2009.

Feb 24, 2009

Sleep/Hibernation mode Problem by Edwii at 7:04 AM (1,186 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Edwii
    OP

Member Edwii GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So i really dont know where else to post this problem but here.
    I have done as much research as i can but no solutions.
    when i shut the DS it it switchs to sleep mode then back on again over and over and etc.
    if i look inside i can see the screens turn off and on, and hear the what ever voice or music turn off and on.
    My R4 deluxe was working flawlessly from what i could tell since i started using it(3 days) and i know that sleep mode works on offical stuff, or even when im still running the r4 before i boot a ds game. is there any thing i can do to get it working right again, i have defraged my card micro sd(2gig) (im not going to format it yet, i have read people have tryed with no progress), cleaned it, gave it a couple hard flicks(i read it worked before)

please help. (i wish i kept the bill)

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    This is caused by an improper (or missing) connection between two of the pins in the DS slot. I don't know exactly which pins they are, but I do remember an unofficial "fix" being to solder a small wire inside the DS slot to connect those two pins at all times.

This was very common in the days when FlashMe was prevalent because many FlashMe users would leave the DS slot empty while they ran their DS games from slot-2, so sleep mode would not function correctly since no cartridge was present to connect the two pins together. Placing any official DS game in the DS slot fixed this. In your case however, you're already using a slot-1 device, so I'm not entirely sure how you can fix it other than the direct wire solder method.

3. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    interesting idea, can any one tell me what two pins that would be? (i may just solder the two pins on the r4 card itself instead, that would have the same effect wouldn't it?)

4. AGENT209T

Newcomer AGENT209T Member

United States
    i might have the same problem but i use Supercard DSOne and i noticed mine just flashing the green light until i just shut it off again (usually in the close position) or open it and it will show warning screen and then load to my card without me touching the power button at all. its random at best but does happen every few days i guess dependeing how i play it or have used it not sure. and only thing i can find was battery problems maybe but i tried 2 good ones and same deal or next was to send it to the big N and the cost of it i might as well buy a new one. so i guess ill be watching the post also [​IMG]

5. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    ok so doing a little more reserch they say you need to bridge pins 1 and seven inside the ds right? so i thought why not just do it to my r4 card.. but what 2 pins do i need to bridge, the ones i colored red or the ones i colored blue? [​IMG]

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Moving it to a proper section..