Gaming Skyward Sword Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people tend to lie when they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Sometimes it's just to get extra attention (that they presumably don't get in their offline lives), but usually it's just to rile people up.

This.

P.S. if someone actually has a real copy, all they need to post it online is a 3rd party. Like a friend, or a trusted internet buddy. No chain back to the original copy. Thus no legal actions. No risk.

Right no risk to the person. Just there close friends or someone they know. Thats nice. Everyone just makes it sound so easy. Would I like to play early sure. But I understand the position such a choice puts someone in. I've had early copies of things and the such and decide against posting it for the world. Most people aren't even that grateful to who puts there neck on the line for there impatient need for entertainment. Im sure some are but most dont care where it comes from just that they get it. So its unfair if you fall into that category which most do... to look down on someone for saying somthing that they have no real need to prove.
I don't think anyone here expects anyone who "has" the game to leak it. I know I wouldn't leak it if I had it (well I wouldn't publically admit it to it anyway). But posting a picture doesn't carry the same risk. And for a reviewer (which samred has implied he is w/ the NDA comment) a picture would actually be allowed - no legal risk whatsoever. Even for someone who got it through unofficial means, the picture doesn't really carry a risk as long as there's no personally identifying info in the pic (real name, address, last 4 of CC, etc..)

xvishon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people tend to lie when they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Sometimes it's just to get extra attention (that they presumably don't get in their offline lives), but usually it's just to rile people up.

This.

P.S. if someone actually has a real copy, all they need to post it online is a 3rd party. Like a friend, or a trusted internet buddy. No chain back to the original copy. Thus no legal actions. No risk.

Right no risk to the person. Just there close friends or someone they know. Thats nice. Everyone just makes it sound so easy. Would I like to play early sure. But I understand the position such a choice puts someone in. I've had early copies of things and the such and decide against posting it for the world. Most people aren't even that grateful to who puts there neck on the line for there impatient need for entertainment. Im sure some are but most dont care where it comes from just that they get it. So its unfair if you fall into that category which most do... to look down on someone for saying somthing that they have no real need to prove.
I don't think anyone here expects anyone who "has" the game to leak it. I know I wouldn't leak it if I had it (well I wouldn't publically admit it to it anyway). But posting a picture doesn't carry the same risk. And for a reviewer (which samred has implied he is w/ the NDA comment) a picture would actually be allowed - no legal risk whatsoever. Even for someone who got it through unofficial means, the picture doesn't really carry a risk as long as there's no personally identifying info in the pic (real name, address, last 4 of CC, etc..)

I agree with that too. But I would not even post a picture on a thread that has even tickled the idea of a leak. that way when fingers get pointed there not at me :)

Supercool330

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I wouldn't leak the game if I had access to it. I agree that Kongnutz didn't do the best job of hiding his identity, but as someone who has worked in security, I know that with enough time and money nothing is completely untraceable (not entirely true, but true enough).

I agree xvishon, I was really surprised that the ZI guys were willing to post on this forum at all.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I caught samred's link before it was edited out, but the frekkan website appears to be down (at least for me). If anyone else can see the image, let us know if it's legit or if it's just some kind of troll attempt

Edit: Got it to load on my phone by disabling wifi. He has it.

*link removed out of respect for samred - but it's confirmed real*

DIEforKARMAsWING

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about anyone else I'm just saying, if I had access to the game. I would make sure people got it, probably emailing it to an admin letting them do the dirty work.
And I would be gone. Why? Because I'd be playing Skyward Sword.. lol

OMG... He has it. it says post 311, and the post he posted it in said 311... -Falls down dead.-

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I caught samred's link before it was edited out, but the frekkan website appears to be down (at least for me). If anyone else can see the image, let us know if it's legit or if it's just some kind of troll attempt

i saw the pic, looks like he may have been saying the truth lol. damn...ah well he wasnt going to leak it was he?

Davester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just goes to show we shouldnt doubt anyone....also shows its not hard to prove if you are telling the truth

Davester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i've got 8 days in work without a day off now. but then a week off hopefully its "available" by then if not i've still got a long weekend to play it when i get my legit copy before i go back to work

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enjoy the game, Samred. As for everyone else, let's just lay low for awhile. I do believe that wave 2 has gone out, which will greatly increase the chances of us seeing a legit leak. It's time to play the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait