Hacking SKY3DS save game backup / restore doesn't work

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to have a GW or an old 3DS CFW in order to access savedatafiler? I only have sky3ds and a N3DS XL...

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to convert your GW save to eshop format using savedatafiler & then use 3DSsavtool to import your eshop save to sky3ds

So I did convert the GW save to eshop format and I now have this "filer" folder with a bunch of files in it, copied it to my desktop along with the SM3DL.3ds rom. The thing is I am not sure how to proceed with the 3DSsavtool as it only has two options: dump save data as sky and write save data to GW. The first option requires that the save will be already incorporated in the .3ds rom, if I understand correctly? Does it mean I need to convert the rom to card2 first with Sky3DS Crack tool? if so, how do I incorporate the eShop save file/folder in the rom prior to converting it to card 2?

pierrandre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm waiting to the answer to that as well... Desperately trying to get to inject a GW backup to my Sky3DS...
Lost 20hrs of Zelda mm... So desperate...

My Zelda save got corrupted while switching to another game on the card...
It kept blinking so I clicked again, then the third game loaded and it's backup got corrupted as well, and then when cycling to Zelda again, its backup was corrupted as well...

What is the proper way to ensure the proper writing of the save game anyway... Exiting the game properly and the cycling to the next game?
Maybe it was writing the save game and I pressed again too quickly without waiting long enough for the save to be written?. It's a great sandisk sdcard though!!??..
There's no clean How-to on how to proceed...

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting to the answer to that as well... Desperately trying to get to inject a GW backup to my Sky3DS...
Lost 20hrs of Zelda mm... So desperate...

My Zelda save got corrupted while switching to another game on the card...
It kept blinking so I clicked again, then the third game loaded and it's backup got corrupted as well, and then when cycling to Zelda again, its backup was corrupted as well...

What is the proper way to ensure the proper writing of the save game anyway... Exiting the game properly and the cycling to the next game?
Maybe it was writing the save game and I pressed again too quickly without waiting long enough for the save to be written?. It's a great sandisk sdcard though!!??..
There's no clean How-to on how to proceed...

You might see more useful info for backup/restore the saved data in their official site: http://sky3ds.com/product.html or below:

SKY3DS card useful informations:

1. Switch to next GAME:
Press red / blue button , sky3ds will save EEPROM to microSD card, it will skip to next game, at the same time,will read this game save data with EEPROM to microSD card, then you can start to play.

2. Restore single game save data from PC:
With your sky3ds on 3DS, switch to other game(not the game you need to restore save data), and pull out the microSD card , insert with adapter to connect with PC. Open Diskwrite tool to do single game “Restore Save”option from one of your“.sav”files, insert Sky3ds with microSD card into 3DS Slot, press red/blue button and cycle to the game(you need to restore save data one) and enjoy.
Note:If you forgot switch to other game , please follow step 4.

3. Restore all games save data:
Open Diskwriter tool to do “File”->“Restore Save data”, save file to PC , insert Sky3ds with microSD card into 3DS Slot. Then follow the step 4 did.

4. Initial SKY3DS:
Power on your 3ds console , hold to press red/blue button with finger, insert to 3DS Slot with your sky3ds , it will not display any game icon on screen. Pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS again , the LED light will flashing fast, the game icon still doesn’t display. Again, pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS, LED light flashing and turn off in few seconds, this means the first game save data has been read EEPROM normally from MicroSD card, you can play to enjoy it.

5. Before you change to new MicroSD Card or delete game save data:
If you currently have game save data saved in SKY3DS, and you want to be change to another new MicroSD Card, you should press the red / blue button to switch to next game, the game save data will be saved from the EEPROM memory to the SD Card.

pierrandre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for that...but that is still confusing...you cant say that this how-to, even if that's an official one, is great. It's just more confusing.

Anyway, still stuck with my backup from a GW save...
Thanks anyway.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!!!! There it is!!! I've been looking for you SKY3DSCTOOL!!! Another thing you need to understand is that by converting the ROM into EEPROM-NO is that they will now work on Powersaves!!!! Testing one right now...

I have had no problems with using DiskWriter v1.06b5's backup-save and restore-save. EEPROM-NO games are a pain because you have to pull the savedata from the 3DS SD card. Yet the only games that I can get to work with Powersaves Pro are EEPROM-NO (OR/AS/X/Y). Everything else and Powersaves goes bonkers.

Give me a few minutes... BRB

Well, that DOES change it to a EEPROM-NO (or NAND) ROM. But still Powersaves must be checking header IDs.

That boggles my mind. Why can I get OR/AS/X/Y to work from Sky3DS on Powersaves, but not anything else?

I tried my personal (long) way of doing it, but here's all you really need to do:

COPY your unedited Sky3DS template.
OPEN it in NOTEPAD (template0310.txt file)
Find the GAME ID of the ROM you want to change to EEPROM-NO
Go to the row UNDER the SHA1 line
Change it to match this:

Code:
XX/YY=leave it alone, 00=it must be 00

For 1GB-2GB (original size before trimming):
00 00 00 XX XX F8 XX 98 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

For 4GB (original size before trimming):
00 00 00 XX XX F0 00 98 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

Now, open DISKWRITER v1.06b5
Delete the old ROM from DISKWRITER
CHANGE the TEMPLATE and select your newly modified template0310.txt file.
WRITE the ROM back to DISKWRITER

Wallah.... EEPROM=NO

Sadly, this didn't work with PowerSaves. They obviously are checking header IDs. Except for OR/AS/X/Y which seems to work with no problem.

Baffling.

burboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem with pokemon x / y and ORAS.
every time I take the game, said game data corrupted.
only these games, all other saving remains.
I tried various microsd and various rom, remade dump the original card, but nothing.

spoderman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
YUDODIS.com
XP
Country
United States
i have a question
if i format the microsd card and i backed up my eeprom yes games before that
will i lose the saves or i can restore it to the microsd after the format
because someone here said that the save will be in the card if you format it it will be lost forever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu