Hacking Sky3DS Help?

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got Sky3DS and two SD cards. One of them works fine and I can play all the games I've written to it, I switched SD cards, and now the Sky3DS doesn't do anything with either card. I've gotten the blue light to blink when I put it in, but nothing comes up.

What do I do?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you swtich SD cards? Did you power it down and then remove the card to replace the sd or did you select a game and decided to remove the card to switch sd? Details.

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you swtich SD cards? Did you power it down and then remove the card to replace the sd or did you select a game and decided to remove the card to switch sd? Details.

Was at the home screen, took out the sky and then switched, put it back in and then boom -- Nothing. I just read something online and tried it "Put it in your 3ds, turn it on. Wait until it boots up to the home screen. Hold the blue button down for 5 seconds, push the cartridge in while holding the button down for 5 more seconds, then release the cartridge out and the button. Then push it back in, that is how I got mine to light up after it wouldn't for an unexplained reason. Other than that, check your sd card. I know with mine you can put the sd card in and it won't read it because it is slightly off the metal traces inside the cartridge."

And that worked for the original SD card, but still, when I tried the other, no go, exact same thing happened.

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you got one sd card working but not the other. Have you verified if both sd's are legit?

Yeah. One is a 4GB card and the other is a 16GB.

When I first got the sky I tried the 4GB because I had a rom or two on it already, and it worked fine. Put the same two starting games on the 16GB as well as a bunch more on it, worked fine. Now I'm trying to see if I can get online with Mario Kart with a random header from Sky Army Knife(I know finding a correct header through that is next to impossible, but I still want to try), and I've tried both DOA dimensions on it and Mario Kart 7, neither showed up.

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the roms with the template sky has and report back. No custom headers.

Okay...now its all of a sudden working both with sky headers and random headers...?

I don't even know what to say.

Random question: When you backup save data to SD card on the 3DS, you can't possibly get a header that way, since save data is tied to a header?

RennyFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the roms with the template sky has and report back. No custom headers.

...wat.

Did I really just get a correct header from the first try on Randomize?...I just connected to Mario Kart online...Let me check to see if I'm really using the random header..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.