Hacking Sky3DS EEPROMHELP

Dillon Funderburg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I noticed that some of my roms I use on my SKY3DS crash on specific parts (tried different roms of the same games and same problem) for example; New Super Mario Bros 2 crashes on the pipe on the second level and Link Between Worlds crashes on the cut scene in the church and many others. I thought it was just the roms until i tried other roms and i had the same issue. But i noticed that the disk writer application to put roms on the sd to use for my sky3ds the ones that crash and freeze say in the EEPROM section "NO" im wondering if there is a way to turn them to EEPRPOM Yes or if theirs a place where i can download EEPROM YES Games.

-Thanks, Dillon!

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh gawd, you F***ed your template up. Those games are supposed to read EEPROM-YES. Only games that should be NO are Pokemon OR/AS/X/Y.

Are you dumping your ROMs or downloading them? Trying to use private headers from dumped game, or just trying to get the game to work?

Make sure you are getting original .3ds ROMs. I've played those games on my Sky3DS. They work just fine. But mine read EEPROM-YES so yeah... you dun f***ed up.

Relax, I do it all the time. Trust me.

One thing to rmember is that when you press the Blue Button on the Sky3DS, you aren't cycling the ROMs, you're cycling the template which then matches to the ROMs. So if you mess up the template, the ROMS could be okay, but your template isn't.

Sounds like you modified your template and applied the same headers to the entire template. Yeah, don't do that.

And just because a game reads as EEPROM-NO doesn't mean it has been converted to EEPROM-NO. It's just the headers in template are telling Diskwriter and Sky3DS that they are EEPROM-NO. So you got a bunch of cross-dressers on your Sky3DS SD, and the guilty party is the template which is getting gang raped.

Make sense? Take good care of your template. That's where most of your problems start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey