Hacking Sky3DS+ and want to play Yokai Watch (EU) (&others) without update? Is it possible?

Yokai-wants-to-play

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As no one has fully explained what was going off i'll say this, those games require 10.1 to play, if you're on 9.8 you won't be able to play any game that requires 9.9+ to play so anything from around the release of Triforce heroes (Some may be fine but that's an easy rule of thumb), 3DSdb will tell you what firmware a game requires.

That update is from the game itself and is different from doing it via the system settings, you could use them to update to 10.1 (just double check it does still say 10.1 in the message as you said it did) so you can play them and still be able to downgrade later on as 10.1 is exploitable, just don't go past that.

There's nothing a Sky3DS can do about that, it has to follow the same rules as a standard game, if a game requires a specific firmware version the game includes the required update, being able to update and still use it with out zero fuss is the only advantage the Sky3ds has over other options.
Thank you! It does say 10.1 (but system update) which confused me because the latest it should've prompted was 10.4 and I don't have wifi on at all so I really dont know how Im even getting these messages. According to 3DSdb that's only 3 games so far (which I think is probably more 5ish on my current firmware) but if it's something to encounter for future games then I'll need to update anyway. As long as I can still go back somehow eventually then it shouldn't be a massive problem. Cheers

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do yourself a favour and just update to 10.4 via system settings. The grass is always gonna look greener on the other side you have to just get on with what you want to do instead of worrying about what you might be missing out on.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
I wasn't actually reccomending to update like that as it seemed like you was already going to downgrade, I was just explaining what was happening and that you could update via that just to play now and still have access to downgrading once you've read up some more. I figured you'd already committed to downgrading though.

Yokai-wants-to-play

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wasn't actually reccomending to update like that as it seemed like you was already going to downgrade, I was just explaining what was happening and that you could update via that just to play now and still have access to downgrading once you've read up some more. I figured you'd already committed to downgrading though.
Ah well what's done is done I suppose. At least I know not to update to 10.4 :ph34r: and for now Mario & Luigi Paperjam and Yokai Watch are working so kudos. Short term goals :yaynds:

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Dummy browser..? Browser that doesn't work? yeah I do.. So you can't downgrade without the browser? I thought you could use CN or OoT or something?

Yes you can use OOT CN Browserhax and Ironfall

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dummy browser..? Browser that doesn't work? yeah I do.. So you can't downgrade without the browser? I thought you could use CN or OoT or something?

If you want i can link you too a video on how to install a CFW if you downgrade your SysNand

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
or you could play the american version of yokai watch right now on 9.8E with skyemulated Cubic Ninja > HANS > us Yokai Watch. (not sure how different is US ver and UK/AUS ver of the game honestly, my gf has been playing the us ver a lot, only input I have)

Last edited by Azel,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! It does say 10.1 (but system update) which confused me because the latest it should've prompted was 10.4 and I don't have wifi on at all so I really dont know how Im even getting these messages. According to 3DSdb that's only 3 games so far (which I think is probably more 5ish on my current firmware) but if it's something to encounter for future games then I'll need to update anyway. As long as I can still go back somehow eventually then it shouldn't be a massive problem. Cheers

If it says 10.1, why are you concerned about it updating to 10.4?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is that yokai-whatever requires 10.1 and its in the rom. Just update through the game, just like how everyone else uses a game to update to 9.2 back in the day. If you update through the system than yeah you're screwed.

Yokai-wants-to-play

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can use OOT CN Browserhax and Ironfall

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want i can link you too a video on how to install a CFW if you downgrade your SysNand
Sure a video would be much appreciated. Altho, if it takes more than one attempt and you can only now update to 10.4 doesn't that mean if you fail ur softbricked?

I can't use Browserhax, because the browsers dead (won't open/dummy) and Ironfall I think is a CIA game? Which I can't run either.

But CN and OoT yeah. Maybe that Smash one too.

Last edited by Yokai-wants-to-play,

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Sure a video would be much appreciated. Altho, if it takes more than one attempt and you can only now update to 10.4 doesn't that mean if you fail ur softbricked?

I can't use Browserhax, because the browsers dead (won't open/dummy) and Ironfall I think is a CIA game? Which I can't run either.

But CN and OoT yeah. Maybe that Smash one too.

never figured out how to do Smashhax there is a small chance of a brick. Because Nintendo has released 10.4 if you soft brick you have to upgrade to it no mater what. I never got a soft brick or a brick now there is a more stable version it so you have a very low chance of a brick.

Heres a downgrade video by TCPixel I neavr used him because i was one of the first to downgrade.

If it worked tell me and you can diside what CFW you want

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays