Hacking is it possible play newest game without update cfw firmware ?

sh2dc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there

i find out update system firmware usually may cause some old game not working in cfw

so is it possible play newest game without update cfw firmware???

Zinonr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i assume you own the games
As far as i know Super Meat Boy required 11.0.1 OFW or Updated CFW.
so its not possible to play new released games (23.12.2020) without update.

regards

Zinonr

Last edited by Zinonr,

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
hi there

i find out update system firmware usually may cause some old game not working in cfw

Only if you dont update sigpatches
when you update firmware you need new CFW version that supports its and also new sigpatches for the new firmware and the new Atmosphere version
but if you are on 10.2.0 you will probably be able to play 11.0.1 games you can check
install the games with ignore minimum firmware version with installer like Awoo or Tinleaf also make sure you have the latest sigpatches and install last Atmosphere version

sh2dc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume you own the games
As far as i know Super Meat Boy required 11.0.1 OFW or Updated CFW.
so its not possible to play new released games (23.12.2020) without update.

regards

Zinonr

can we get a list about which game required 11.0.1(23.12.2020) firmware in order to run?

like 11.0.2
11.0.3 etc?!

the complete list?!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when you update firmware you need new CFW version that supports its and also new sigpatches for the new firmware and the new Atmosphere version
but if you are on 10.2.0 you will probably be able to play 11.0.1 games you can check
install the games with ignore minimum firmware version with installer like Awoo or Tinleaf also make sure you have the latest sigpatches and install last Atmosphere version

sorry sir sx os there

can we get a list about which game required 11.0.1(23.12.2020) firmware in order to run?

like 11.0.2
11.0.3 etc?!

the complete list?!

i use 10.1.0 but somehow i can run game that needs 10.2.0

its weird.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there

System updates generally don't cause older games to not work. You really only need to worry about newer games.

To be able to play newer games, newer system updates are eventually required. It is recommended that you update your system to the latest version supported by your CFW (As of this post, Atmosphere supports 11.0.1, and SX OS supports 11.0.0).

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
System updates are not just artificial locks. They bring new functions that are used with newer SDKs. And if those functions don't exist, but you will run this game regardless, game will crash.

You can use NSC Builder to check what is the real lowest FW required.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: mathew77 and Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use 10.1.0 but somehow i can run game that needs 10.2.0

its weird.
There are three different kinds of system version requirements:
  1. Soft version requirements (easily, and often automatically, bypassed by your NSP installer)
  2. Encryption keys (can be bypassed by your NSP installer)
  3. Software development kit version used when making the game. This cannot be bypassed.
Because of this, a lot of the system version requirements you hear about online aren't real requirements. A game that allegedly requires 11.0.0, for example, might only require 10.0.0 because that's the SDK that was used. However, newer games will eventually require newer system updates, so it's best to keep your system updated after checking that your CFW supports it.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: LyuboA

sh2dc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System updates are not just artificial locks. They bring new functions that are used with newer SDKs. And if those functions doesn't exist, but you will run this game regardless, game will crash.

You can use NSC Builder to check what is the real lowest FW required.

7.- Lower the Required System Version to the actual encryption of the game.

https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER

is it true?!

There are three different kinds of system version requirements:
  1. Soft version requirements (easily, and often automatically, bypassed by your NSP installer)
  2. Encryption keys (can be bypassed by your NSP installer)
  3. Software development kit version used when making the game. This cannot be bypassed.
Because of this, a lot of the system version requirements you hear about online aren't real requirements. A game that allegedly requires 11.0.0, for example, might only require 10.0.0 because that's the SDK that was used. However, newer games will eventually require newer system updates, so it's best to keep your system updated after checking that your CFW supports it.

is it true?!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

is it true?!

is it true?!
As I said in my previous post, there are three kinds of version requirements, and you can use things like Tinfoil and NSC Builder to bypass the first two types of requirements. You cannot bypass the third type of requirement, which is the SDK used to make the game. Please reread my post.

sh2dc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said in my previous post, there are three kinds of version requirements, and you can use things like Tinfoil and NSC Builder to bypass the first two types of requirements. You cannot bypass the third type of requirement, which is the SDK used to make the game. Please reread my post.

so we cant change game file min sdk number?

ok fine

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we cant change game file min sdk number?

ok fine
No, because all throughout the game built with a newer SDK, the game has requirements for assets found only in newer system versions. If a game wants to use new features (for example, overclocking the system on loading screens) and can't find those features because the system version is low, the game will crash. Given the hundreds, if not thousands, of substantive differences between the latest system version and some older system versions, it isn't reasonably doable to bypass SDK-based version requirements. Soft version requirements and encryption types are easily able to be bypassed.

As I also already said, you should just keep your Switch on the latest system version that's supported by your CFW. As of this post, if you're using SX OS, that's 11.0.0. If you're using Atmosphere, that's 11.0.1. You can update a hacked system on Atmosphere using Daybreak. If your Switch is ipatched and on 4.1.0, you should only update your emuMMC and never your sysMMC.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo