Hacking Sky3DS & 9.7.0-25?

D

Deleted-19228

They have only three manufacturers "authorized" (it's a proprietary format).
They could say : if it's not the speed of manufacturer A or if it's not the speed of manufacturer B or if it's not the speed of manufacturer C, it's a Sky3DS.
Even better, it's written in the cartridge which manufacturer made it!
So, they could simply say : if it's not the speed of <manufacturer of the cart>, it's a Sky3DS.

Yes, because gauging read speeds on a cart is a GREAT way to see if it's a fake card /s

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, because gauging read speeds on a cart is a GREAT way to see if it's a fake card /s

Nintendo already did that in the past and it worked.
However :
-as there wasn't an OS on the DS, it was the game which performs the check ;
-as the games weren't signed, we could patch them.

D

Deleted-19228

That's been on there for as long as I can remember and has so far been the only site that actually said that.

D

Deleted User

LMAO if they could they would have done it with this update. don't be delusional. The whole gateway vs sky3ds is getting old. In the end sky3ds is still in the longrun when gateway isn't. Maybe in the near future gateway will get updated and sky3ds blocked but i don't see that all happening very soon because if it would you would see signs of it already and Nintendo would already blocked it if they could.

I'll just leave this here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-update-version-9-6-0-24-out-now.384953/page-26#post-5418521
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-update-version-9-6-0-24-out-now.384953/page-26#post-5418862

Reactions: Osmosis

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because you think that Sky3DS speed is the exact same than a legit cartridge?

it probably doesn't emulate retail cards exactly but uses retail card info to do the emulation. that's the only reason why I see Nintendo not being able to block it as it would block real games in the process. if Nintendo could block it they would have by now, theyre usually quick about these things but instead they've had to resort to public headers.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh... take note that Powersaves is already blocking it, sort of. They can get most of the games blocked except for Pokemon ORASXY. Even then it doesn't fully work. So it's do-able.

Figure out why Datel can't block Pokemon and you know why Nintendo can't block it either. Of course, doing so would mean you also know how to find a bypass for it... and then we can use Powersaves on Sky3DS.

Sky3DS has the opposite effect of Gateway. Gateway finds holes to go through. Sky3DS hides behind them.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
proof for that?

It's kinda tied to Illuminati but i'll try my best

Sky3ds is ultra easy to block, literally 1 line of code, Nintendo have not blocked it because they want loads of people to buy that card then stop using it, it's basically a future paperweight in the making
The fact that is sells for much higher than Gateway is also a bit of a giveaway, Sky therefore offer limited deals because if they offered too much they feel they'd lose a lot of customers to buy retail games

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Sky3ds is ultra easy to block, literally 1 line of code, Nintendo have not blocked it because they want loads of people to buy that card then stop using it, it's basically a future paperweight in the making
The fact that is sells for much higher than Gateway is also a bit of a giveaway, Sky therefore offer limited deals because if they offered too much they feel they'd lose a lot of customers to buy retail games

do you even read what you just said ? Sure we @ Nintendo are deliberately losing millions letting you play all the free games you want for years and years to come to just bring out an update so that you have to buy a 60, 80 dollar cartridge again ! It was worth it losing all those millions ;) Next you're gonna say nobody ever landed on the moon, it was all a hoax. I do hope you were being sarcastic :D

Reactions: DarkFlare69

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not because cartridges, just like any other storage medium, deteriorate over time and vary from one another in terms of R/W speeds. Even if Nintendo did implement that sort of Anti-Piracy protection, nothing is stopping pirates from simply matching that R/W speed with their fututre cartridges. All in all, it's a wasted effort and a flimsy way to determine whether or not the cartridge inserted is a flashcart when there are easier ways to go about it that are more accurate.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then go work for Nintendo and block it. Or tell me how you know it's "1 line of code"

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
do you even read what you just said ? Sure we @ Nintendo are deliberately losing millions letting you play all the free games you want for years and years to come to just bring out an update so that you have to buy a 60, 80 dollar cartridge again ! It was worth it losing all those millions ;) Next you're gonna say nobody ever landed on the moon, it was all a hoax. I do hope you were being sarcastic :D

Of course Iam, why would Nintendo make sky...but then again, its all still a rumor after all :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips. +1