Sky3DS & 9.7.0-25?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DarkFlare69, Apr 22, 2015.

1. DarkFlare69
    OP

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Can anyone confirm Sky to be working on the latest firmware? Just wondering.

2. sneef

sneef GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2006
    United States
    somewhere between emuLIFE and sysLIFE
    i can confirm.. on my son's old 3ds

i haven't tried it on my japanese NTR region-free N3DS or US N3DSXL, for obvious reasons... but it stands to reason that it would work as well

3. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    It works

4. DarkFlare69
    OP

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Okay, will they ever patch it?

5. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    who knows, but not in the near future

6. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    I personnaly think they will block it the next update.

7. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    frankly i think that if they could find a way to patch it (or even really detect it, they would've done so already.

8. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    I don't think so.
    They were mainly focusing on Gateway.
    Now that GW isn't a danger anymore, they will crush Sky3DS.
    That update was just a quick rush to patch Pokemon Rumble World errors. It's why I think the next will block Sky.

9. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    gateway never was a real danger, they don't do anything really to get it working on latest fw, not even at start. they released a card already outdated the day it appeared on the marked, they did again far fw 9.0 and again for n3ds. so they never were a danger. sky3ds on the other hand had realtime solution for thier costumer, what's more, gateway could be used semi legal for emulation... this doesn't apply to sky3ds. so it makes no sence to say main focus is on gw, gw was allready patched, there's no way gw wins the race on nintendo, for they don't try. they just sell outdated cards and software for max. prices, where sky3ds is a realtime danger and still has the chance to conquer all if they could get custom rom to work (not anywhere in the near future i think though).

10. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    For Nintendo, ROM+eShop+Cheat+Homebrew is worst than ROM+eShop.

11. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    I doubt sky3ds will ever get blocked since it hardware emulating a true legit game..but who knows..

12. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    Because you think that Sky3DS speed is the exact same than a legit cartridge?

13. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Lol..i didnt say that! I'm just saying why i doubt it will not get blocked.

14. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania

eShop games on Sky? How come? It can only emulate perfectly dumped cartridges (well, try to emulate them as 1:1 as best they can). You would have to buy eShop games with Sky, which isn't actually that bad for Nintendo. And Sky can work well for backup porposes only and keep it "semi legal". So it's more like "ROM+eShop+Cheat+Homebrew" vs just... "ROM".

Would be "ROM+Homebrew", but only under fw 9.2. Sky3DS is very limited in this regard.

15. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    When I say eShop, I mean access to eShop (Sky3DS users can access to eShop because they are on the latest firmware).

16. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    who said that it needs to be excact to be legit? maybe nintendo never was that specific about speed to the manufacturers, so maybe studio100 has a different speed as sega would have? that would mean it would be quite hard to say whe it's sky3ds whithout getting problems with other contractors.

17. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    They have only three manufacturers "authorized" (it's a proprietary format).
    They could say : if it's not the speed of manufacturer A or if it's not the speed of manufacturer B or if it's not the speed of manufacturer C, it's a Sky3DS.
    Even better, it's written in the cartridge which manufacturer made it!
    So, they could simply say : if it's not the speed of <manufacturer of the cart>, it's a Sky3DS.

18. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    LMAO if they could they would have done it with this update. don't be delusional. The whole gateway vs sky3ds is getting old. In the end sky3ds is still in the longrun when gateway isn't. Maybe in the near future gateway will get updated and sky3ds blocked but i don't see that all happening very soon because if it would you would see signs of it already and Nintendo would already blocked it if they could.

puss2puss likes this.
  19. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    Nintendo made Sky 3ds tbh so I'm not suprised they ain't blocked it yet ¬_¬

puss2puss likes this.
  20. yessuz

yessuz Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    Ashby de la Zouch