Skinning Akaio

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ridgecity, May 6, 2009.

May 6, 2009

Skinning Akaio by ridgecity at 8:08 AM (1,293 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. ridgecity
    OP

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    Anyone know how to make the clock smaller? I'm doing a new skin and can't find the anything on the .ini files.

Any idea?

2. Akothegreat

Member Akothegreat GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    You can adjust the width, adjust the color but the height can only be 360pixels of the clock_numbers.bmp

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    thats not true, you can make the graphic smaller. download a skin that supports the full clock/calendar interface and rename day_numbers.bmp to clock_numbers.bmp. you can recolor the graphic any way you like it, and if your paint app won't convert to the proper acekard supported format use ak edit to do it. there is a link to ak edit in the akaio wiki.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

*you will have to adjust the size of clock_colon.bmp as well, and that is the tricky one!

-another world

4. Drewbear

Newcomer Drewbear Advanced Member

United States
    whats the name of the program to skin

5. Drewbear

Newcomer Drewbear Advanced Member

United States
    i found the one on the acekard site.. but few of the files in the folder pop up in my security software. the ocx files... do i need them?

6. Another World

Colombia
    ocx files are Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) Control Extension files used by microsoft. yes you will need them, and yes (in this case) they are safe to run. they can become infected, according to a bit of research, but if you got the file off the acekard site there is no reason to worry.

-another world

7. Akothegreat

Philippines
    Did you not understand? Your method is a way off. plus the right image looks awful, you only switched day_numbers and clock_numbers. Making a skin is creating a new one, you can use it as a guide but not copy it.

And adjusting clock_colon is easy, what makes you say so?

I can give you my own skin as a reference, but I'll wait for a reply. So?

8. Another World

Colombia
    those images are examples, by that you should use them as examples only, a guide and not take them as a serious substitute. i swapped the names of the files to prove that you can simply do that to adjust the file size. thank you for pointing out the obvious about the calendar numbers which are now the much larger clock numbers. i'm sure no one else would have had the common sense to realize that is what i did, it looks like crap, and that is not how you would do it in a real skin. adjusting the size of the colons can result in only 1 showing up on screen, sometimes the smaller graphic appears with black areas not on the original due to the compression. again it is the tricky one of the three, as the other two only need to be swapped and renamed.

please quote me where i said i was making a new skin to show an example? please show me where said that so your "making a skin is creating a new one, you can use it as a guide but not copy it" statement becomes valid. making a skin is making a skin, be it i change a top image or make it from scratch. personally i don't care how you perceive it, your not me and i'll do as i wish.

yet i clearly adjusted both the width and the height.

-another world

9. ridgecity
    OP

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    Thanks guys. I found the size depends on the actual size of the file you name, and you can make it anything you want, except for the calendar, since it will look distorted.

10. Akothegreat

Philippines
    Well okay then, but the height isn't to be changed

11. Another World

Colombia
    yet the height can be changed. it causes no problems if you change it by resizing the actual number graphic. i'd love to see smaller clocks in skins that take up less space that images could be using. same goes for the calendar, which i still see no use for. how can you not know what day it is?

-another world

12. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Easily I barely ever know what day of the week it is [​IMG]

13. Akothegreat

Philippines
    I got my clock smaller, but I never thought of removing the calendar. The calendar has intervals between each day so making them smaller won't be possible by editing the image

14. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    The calendar is as useful as the 12-hour clock in any device. I just hope we can make it a 2-digit calendar and the current day is shown instead of the whole month just like the Vista sidebar which has an option for the whole calendar or just the current day. I hope it was the same with Acekard/AKAIO