The Incredible Sulk
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Any one have, or willing to make a short guide for skinning on the G6 real, I want to get into making skins in my spare time, but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions, info or advice is much appreciated.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you can start by replacing each file in a skin folder with something you want. I use photoshop cs3.

The top screen needs to be an 8bit image or 256 colors max. again photoshop lets you change image-mode-indexed color...

to make something transparent you need color 255,0,255... which is something like a "hot pink"...

I guess the most important thing is to check the changes you make to the files in the card and on the ds screens since sometimes you reach a "memory limit" or something like that and you don't wanna get angry when you finish a skin and it doesn't load (I get that like once in every skin... aaarrgghh lol).

download any of my skins and compared to any of the default ones so you can see what and where everything goes, I always paint over the default ones so imagine them as stickers...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool