morganno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I noticed that the Skhynix eMMC memory appears to be incompatible with the eMMC programmer via USB or the USB adapter mmcblkNX. The Skhynix models of 32GB or 64GB are not recognized by Windows Disk Management, preventing the reading of partitions with NxNandManager. In contrast, a Samsung eMMC works without issues and is detected as a drive in Windows Disk Manager.

Although the Skhynix eMMC memory works correctly with Hekate via the Nintendo Switch.

After conducting research online, it seems that the issue may be related to voltage and clock frequency. Do you have any tips for detecting the Skhynix eMMC on Windows with a USB programmer?

Thanks a lot for your answers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

morganno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because frankly it pisses me off, especially on OLEDs to retrieve the prodinfo, it's much more practical.

yeah, I'm looking for my part, I saw that the UFI box is managed directly at the software level, there are guys who have already had a headache with Skhynix EMMC in telephony

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Because frankly it pisses me off, especially on OLEDs to retrieve the prodinfo, it's much more practical.

yeah, I'm looking for my part, I saw that the UFI box is managed directly at the software level, there are guys who have already had a headache with Skhynix EMMC in telephony
Prodinfo partition can be dump/extract from rawnand.bin, So as long as your hekate runs you have all you need out of the SKHYNIX emmc. I'm more concerned the syhynix lifespin compared to Samsung emmc

morganno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Prodinfo partition can be dump/extract from rawnand.bin, So as long as your hekate runs you have all you need out of the SKHYNIX emmc. I'm more concerned the syhynix lifespin compared to Samsung emmc
when you disassemble the Emmc to solder the d0 I take advantage of saving my partitions so the prodinfo I don't need the key for that. Imagine bad manipulation, I break the memory, what do I do? 🤔

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
when you disassemble the Emmc to solder the d0 I take advantage of saving my partitions so the prodinfo I don't need the key for that. Imagine bad manipulation, I break the memory, what do I do? 🤔
That why now I start using kamimaze method for OLED instead of reball&dat0 jumper.
For emmc module, v1/v2. Just finger cross on Hekate and modchip dont give a pokerface.

morganno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Get the programmer from JDBZ you can read hynix. You need to set it at 1.8v

Check to see if you can do that with the fixture.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...order_list.order_list_main.120.2eb21802ZEq9vl
It looks like you can swap the pin on board to use 1.8v instead.
Thanks for the info
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803204950309.html

It's okay, I made your link work, so I said my message on the same programmer

I have this programmer, and I set it to 1.8v it is not detected

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJYlA01

Last edited by morganno,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
some time ago I reader what you only can use Linux to use some adapters because some timing issue.
interesting, I just boot to ubuntu and after 3-5min initiate by programmer/adapter, syhynix indeed shows up
Post automatically merged:

I just got the new reader with direct bga reading. To my surprise, it also uses RTS5170 chipset rather than GL3227e but it instantly shows up same Skhynix emmc in Windows, where the small purple one I got years ago could read SKhynix only in Ubuntu after 3min initiate.
1703826633841.png

Last edited by jkyoho,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright