Site History?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by gizmo_gal, Apr 14, 2008.

1. gizmo_gal
    OP

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    Why isn't there forum thread, just a sticky. About the history of this site? I think there should be. I discovered this site only in Dec/Jan and only joined up recently because I decided that this was a really great forum and community and I would be able to get some good help here but I never would've known that this place was so old [​IMG]

P.S.

Does anyone know which Nintendo handheld was the FIRST to get Flash cards/kits made for it? Was it the Game boy Color?

2. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    I recall seeing some backup stuff for the original Game Boy when I was in Asia, at the start of the 90s.

Big and clunky, as I recall ... not actually portable lol ... Involved hooking things to PCs and such lol

I know that no$ was dumping roms at that period, also.

I think GBAtemp has been around for more like 6 years.

3. Westside

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
  4. gizmo_gal
    OP

gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

Apr 10, 2008
    United States
    1st dimension, Earth
    My, my, dont I feel like a [​IMG]
    Thanks for pointing the way. I REALLY ought get some more glasses so I can see some of the crap thats often right infront of me.

5. perimbean

perimbean GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Senegal
    Singapore
    Hi!

Mind if I ask what happened to KiVan, Omero and Alexander? Are they still around? A little digging..i saw their old profiles... *curious*curious*

It's amazing, that GBATemp was able to keep the database in good order since 2002. Great work to the people who toll behind the scene.

[​IMG]

6. Ace Gunman

Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Former Staff
    Apr 17, 2003
    Canada
    Wassamatta U
    While they're no longer part of the staff, they frequent the forums more often than you'd think.

7. DarkAura

DarkAura Offline

Aug 20, 2007
    Canada
    Over there.
    Yah KiVan is on quite a bit, just doesn't post.